Rent or buy??????????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

i was wondering to see how many people are out there like me... i would never rent a game... i sorta like "collecting" games....do u think u would rather buy or rent a game? (i have never rented a game for my 360) and also... would u buy a game without the case/manual.... thats a big part in the whole collecting... i have one game without the case or manual and i have looked everywhere to get it (RSV ) dunno it just isnt the same without it.... i own 20 games... (23 i just bought kameo, king kong and far cry.... i have gotten into the habbit of buying old games....)

sooooooooo basically do u rather buy or rent... and would u buy a game if it game with just the game itself?

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I usually tend to buy because i have found that even games without much replay value are fun to go back to after a decent amount of time away. But i have recently considered renting the drakness because it isn't supposed to be a long game and the MP supposedly sucks and is takked on. Well see.

And i would buy a game without the manual but not with out the case.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

yeah i rent games and buy games because the 360 has so many games i cant buy all of them for example i heard gears of war is short so instead of buying it i rented it and beat it but other games like nba 2k7(favorite game of all time) and forza 2i bought because they are long games really long games

and no i wouldnt buy a game unless it came with the manual(which i never read anyways lol) and the case

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 --Wolf--
Member since 2004 • 6786 Posts

I rent short games that are good, but that I have little interest in (The Darkness - too short, but good story)

I buy games that will be huge (AC, ME, H3), or that I like the series (GTA, RE, MGS)

kingdomarbiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#5 kingdomarbiter
Member since 2005 • 5239 Posts
games that aren't long or good only deserve to be rent
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Everybody has their own distinct liking. For me, I rent and buy. Renting to me means like trying out something and getting some achievement out of it but I do intend to buy the rented games if they're interesting as for collection but I don't buy it from the rented video store, I would go out to Eb or something to buy it. The games I buy without renting, I usually keep because I have good taste for games as I do browse for information on them before I purchase them. The only mistake I ever made purchasing a game before actually trying out a demo, if there even is one is Hitman Blood Money. I didn't like the game because of it's poor graphics and not so good gameplay. Either way, I traded it in back for cash and two other cheaper games.

Renting is always a option first before buying to try out a game and for achievements but can come in an expensive price depending on which store you buy from. I've rented Bullet Witch and it's $9.95 AUD dollars for six nights or $4.95 AUD dollars for one night, big difference don't you think? Another $5.00 to keep it for another five nights. There's also a new law system where you have to deposite $50.00 AUD dollars before you can actually rent a game to prevent people from stealing it as alot of people don't actually return the gamein time anywaysfrom my local video store.

With the 360 breaking up so easily due to China goods which don't last long making buyers like myself hard to actually play games for long hours due to the 3 red light issues and freezes.

I still plan to buy hot 360 titles like Assassins Creed, Halo 3, Kane & Lynch Deadmen, GTA IV, Mass Effect and other top anticipated games like Haze for instance in E3 when they're out in a couple of months even though my 360 right now is being repaired by microsoft and I'm planning to get pre-order a Elite.

I have a few collection of games but intended to have about 15-20 at the end of this year.

Since my local video store doesn't have much 360 games due to the lackness of people notreturning games in time or at all and they don't earn much money per year I think. They only have a few titles like Hitman Blood Money, Forza 2, DiRT, Halo 3 (soon) Bullet Witch and like 3 more titles, not a huge range of 50-100 games.

Also I'm not bothered going to city or other places just to rent games because it's too far and they might not have too many games like my local store anyways.

----------

Elite FTW.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
Where I live (Scotland) there are very few places that I can actually rent 360 from, so I usually have to buy a game if I want it, so I have to do a pretty thorough check on it befre I go shelling out money, unless it's something I know I like ( Resident Evil's, Metal Gear's, Mario & Zelda titles)
Avatar image for Bernard_Brennan
Bernard_Brennan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Bernard_Brennan
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
I just buy em.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

i both buy and rent 360 games. i think the amount of each is actually even. i dont see anything wrong with renting when u dont have $60 or when the game is really short or even when u just want to try a game out.

oh and i've bought quite a few games without the case and or manual (ShadowRun, NFS: Carbon, Call of Duty 3, Madden '07) and its just not the same. i wont be buying anymore used games like that anymore.

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
I don't like renting. I would rather just buy the game than rent it. And usually one of my friends will have it so I can play it with them first and then decide if I want it or not.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

as much as I love to own games, 60 bucks for many of the games that are coming out is rediculous. I'd rather throw down 8 bucks on a 360 game, keep it for 12 days and return it. I can try 8 games over the span of 90+ days for the same price as buying one. If a game is great, I'll buy it, otherwise, it's a rent.

There are games that I've wanted to play, but not buy... for example....

Transformers, Darkness, DiRT, Spiderman 3, Crackdown (Bought it eventually), Enchanted Arms (Same), and a few others.

Koldewyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Koldewyse
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I always buy. Just because I only buy excellent games; I check user/editor reviews on GameSpot, IGN and GameFAQs. That's usually enough to make an educated buy.
Spartan29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Spartan29
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts
Ill buy some without rent but i will rent them also. i usually like to have the manual.
BuffysFaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BuffysFaith
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
I have around 60 360 games. I usually buy, I think I've only rented two games for the 360. Fantastic Four and GRAW.
kevster29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kevster29
Member since 2007 • 697 Posts
I usually just buy cuase i check out the demos for the game if there is any and check the reviews here at gamespot
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Both rent & buy. Usually will only purchase games that have great online multiplayer or racing & sports games that I can play all the time. No reason to buy a game just to play it every 3 months for an hour.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts
I buy my games. I will not rent because I rather have a game that I can play at my convenience. I currently have around 90+ games, including arcade games, and other system games. I have rented a couple of times and felt that it was a waste of money to me. I like to have the opportunity to go back and play a good game again. I have made the mistake of buying games before reading up on them and buying some bunck games. This will not happen again. I also will wait on games to go cheaper on price before I buy them. Only a few games I will buy now when they first come out. To me $60 is really steep for a game. I will go to store sales or the buy 2 used and get one free type sales. I will not buy a game if it does not have the case or instructions. I will not buy a game that is not in new condition. If it is damaged in anyway I will not get it. i like my stuff to be neat and orderly as well as in perfect condition. This is all just my opinion though, I do not think it is a bad idea to rent, just not for me.
Swan-Dive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Swan-Dive
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
I always buy because I make sure that the games I do get are the best games out there at the moment for me and I dont see a need to try anything out first
mattybonner2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattybonner2
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

i was wondering to see how many people are out there like me... i would never rent a game... i sorta like "collecting" games....do u think u would rather buy or rent a game? (i have never rented a game for my 360) and also... would u buy a game without the case/manual.... thats a big part in the whole collecting... i have one game without the case or manual and i have looked everywhere to get it (RSV ) dunno it just isnt the same without it.... i own 20 games... (23 i just bought kameo, king kong and far cry.... i have gotten into the habbit of buying old games....)

sooooooooo basically do u rather buy or rent... and would u buy a game if it game with just the game itself?

bluezclue

ive never rented a xbox 360 game. i agree with u, i never buy games without the manuals, i like them to be complete