Recomendation for my 360 system, advice welcome.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts
I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. Thanks
dendool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dendool
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts
Option 1
mnk622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mnk622
Member since 2003 • 1296 Posts
Option 1, unless you are going to pass on the xbox 360 to a family member or sell it for like $300...
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
#1. No reason to spend all of that money on the elite. Just get the cables and HDD you need and that's it.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. ThanksArmy_Veteran
I would you suggest you delete those useless demos and other junk you have on the 360. You can up convert dvds with the VGA cable and HDMI will not make the world of difference.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Army_Veteran

[QUOTE="Army_Veteran"]I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. ThanksDeihmos

I would you suggest you delete those useless demos and other junk you have on the 360. You can up convert dvds with the VGA cable and HDMI will not make the world of difference.

I did delet somethings, but The other reason why I feel like I would need a bigger HDD, is witht he upcomming IPTV, also like Oblivion had expansion pack now, I think that is going to start to get big and more games will be doing that. Also the size of Arcade game has been raised, so with  my Arcade habbit I might be felling up the 20 gig fast.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Army_Veteran"]I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. ThanksArmy_Veteran

I did delet somethings, but The other reason why I feel like I would need a bigger HDD, is witht he upcomming IPTV, also like Oblivion had expansion pack now, I think that is going to start to get big and more games will be doing that. Also the size of Arcade game has been raised, so with  my Arcade habbit I might be felling up the 20 gig fast.

Do you have fiber optic internet and what makes you think you will want to switch to IPTV? Plus this is not due until the end of the year. I have a few stuff on my 360 and still have over 10gigs. i think the extra size is only useful for those that buy plenty of those tv shows and nothing else. The 360 can stream music and pictures so there is also no reason to keep those on the hard drive.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
If you are like me, your hdd is probably filled with a bunch of demos you don't play but keep on there since you have the room. I say forget the 120 gb hdd and just get yourself the vga cable right now. If you feel you really need a bigger hdd later you can always buy it then (since it isn't going anywhere). Maybe wait to see if you even like this IPTV service.
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Army_Veteran"]I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. ThanksArmy_Veteran

I would personally go with option #1 because the Elite is only cosmetically different with basically a couple throw ins. Unless your 360 is acting up or you just have to have a black one, there is no real upgrade and you can purchase that stuff outside of the bundle and save yourself some money for something else. ;)

WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts

I'd say give the VGA cable a try by itself, see if it make a improvment (sometime I hear it can make the pic actually grainier). Then just wait on IPTV comes out to see if you want to jump to that and the elite or bigger HD depending on if you satisfied with teh VGA cable. Technicaly the only reason you need the elite is the Hard Drive cause all you have is a 1080i screen (not that thats bad cause thats what I got too). My plan is to pick up a elite in a few years when the price of both 1080p screen and elite have droped.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Army_Veteran
[QUOTE="Army_Veteran"]

[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Army_Veteran"]I have a premium 360 with HDDVD ad on. I have about 6 gigs left on my HDD. Okay this is my two option I have been thinking. Option #1 is to buy the 120gig HDD, VGA cable (supposably will up-convert regular DVD's). Total cost is about $225. Or option #2 is to buy the Elite 360. Total cost is about $500. I know some will say go cheaper route, I am also looking for the best way to up-convert regular DVD's and for the best experience. I have a 40 inch LCD HDTV that is 720p/1080i. I would like to see what other people think. Any information will be appreciated and taken into consideration. ThanksDeihmos

Do you have fiber optic internet and what makes you think you will want to switch to IPTV? Plus this is not due until the end of the year. I have a few stuff on my 360 and still have over 10gigs. i think the extra size is only useful for those that buy plenty of those tv shows and nothing else. The 360 can stream music and pictures so there is also no reason to keep those on the hard drive.

Yes I stream the pictures and the music I play is through my iopd. Which I really like that the 360 is in sync with my pc. I forgot to say, I have downloaded a lot of the shows to, that Is another thign that has eaten up mu HDD. I know I could delete and re download if I wanna re watch. I could save lots of money buy doing just that. Ill have to take than into consideration. i do not have fiber, but I do have internet speed of 5 to 6 Mbps. I would only want IPTV if it is all bradcast in HD. That would be the only reason, I heard somewhere it will be all in HD.

Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Army_Veteran
bump
The-Bulldozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The-Bulldozer
Member since 2003 • 46303 Posts
Just delete some of the things on the HD that you don't use anymore.