Recent xbox 360 failure rates???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uglyd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 uglyd1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hello. I am considering buying my first xbox360. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of problems and failure rates i see related to the xbox, although many of the articles and reports are a year or more old. I currently am still using my ps2 which has performed flawlessly for many years. I am hoping for the same kind of dependability out of an xbox. Does anyone know the recent xboxs are holding up? Have they fixed problems or just extended warranties? Bottom line is if the xbox isn't gonna hold up well, Im gonna buy a ps3, only because i have had flawless performance over the years with ps1 and ps2. Ive checked out alot of screenshot and gameplay comparisons and it seems that the xbox looks and plays a little better from what I have seen. I would think that a company like Microsoft would produce a superior product, they certainly have the money to do so. Basically, are the recent xbox's quality or are they still prone to problems? I am considering buying the pro model, 60gb. Any quality info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
jb0Ogi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 jb0Ogi3
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts
Well I have a 360 and I'm not happy with it at all. I constantly have to turn it off and on again because Microsoft is too cheap to make a disk drive that will actually read disks correctly! Should have spent my money elsewhere.
OcTAByo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 OcTAByo
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts

Get the 360 dude... The most common errors (Red Ring of Death and E74 error) are covered 3 years from the day of purchase, the others have 1 year warranty... I would really really recommend you to buy it at a store that gives you extended warranty i.e. Best Buy, cause if your 360 gets an error you just go there and pick a new one

knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Microsoft just extended the warrany on the E74 error, so you should be covered on most problems.

If you're that worried, purchase it at Best Buy and get the extended replacement warranty.

dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dahui58
Member since 2005 • 21566 Posts

Well I have a 360 and I'm not happy with it at all. I constantly have to turn it off and on again because Microsoft is too cheap to make a disk drive that will actually read disks correctly! Should have spent my money elsewhere.jb0Ogi3

It's obviously a fault with your XBOX, all other disk drives work it's not Microsoft being cheap. Microsoft only use cheap easy melt solder which cause RROD errors...

Mearik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Mearik
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts

disk drives are one of the lowest common faults. Its all RROD and now E74, they are covered with the newist version of the included 3 yr warrenty. Most of the people who have had multiple breakdowns are just re-repairs of older models. I am in the same boat but am only on my 2nd fix in 2 years and 6 months, all repairs were free and i have the xenon (worst chipset 3rd place of 3) out there.

My friend has a jasper and has no care of leaving it on and walking away. They have really improved but this should of been the first model out. I say get it now, its how xbox should of been when i got it. Prime time but seriously get a HD.

cant play online without one and now some games require the nxe update which takes up 2/3rds of the memory of the arcade to play. It forces you to update and comes on the disc (ie WANTED:Weapons of Fate) i hope this doesnt become common,