READ THIS!!! Solution to crashes caused by overheating!! (Thanks for the sticky)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts

I don't think this is going to get sticked.....

I mean really....

"WHEN YOUR XBOX CRASHES..... PUT THE POWER SUPPLY ON A BOX!!!!11!!!"
hiphopanimator

You dont HAVE TO put it on a box.  The point is just to get it off the ground to increase heat release.  I know this solution looks stupid but is honestly works, so I dont see why it wouldnt be stickied.

76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 76ers
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts

bump

76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 76ers

[QUOTE="hiphopanimator"]I don't think this is going to get sticked.....

I mean really....

"WHEN YOUR XBOX CRASHES..... PUT THE POWER SUPPLY ON A BOX!!!!11!!!"
Goldeneyemaster

You dont HAVE TO put it on a box.  The point is just to get it off the ground to increase heat release.  I know this solution looks stupid but is honestly works, so I dont see why it wouldnt be stickied.

AND IT WORKS!!!

KingSwampy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 KingSwampy
Member since 2005 • 3301 Posts

I got a email from Sony last week telling me to send back the power supply on my slim PS2 as they're a fire hazard.

I expect MS will be putting out a advert in papers ect, telling people to return the XBOX 360 power supply as well.

And it's great that you found a temporary fix for the problem but this won't get a sticky. When my PS1 wouldn't play games I turned it upside down and it worked, this is the same sort of whacky solution.

Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Goldeneyemaster

[QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]Sombody should post this on the www.xbox.com forums. Just post the link to this thread. There are a lot of people crying over their "defective" 360s over there.JumpingMirrior

I got it

Where did you post it?  I cant find it.  Also what is the thread named?

Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Goldeneyemaster
bump
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#107 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts

[QUOTE="JumpingMirrior"] [QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]Sombody should post this on the www.xbox.com forums. Just post the link to this thread. There are a lot of people crying over their "defective" 360s over there.Goldeneyemaster

I got it

Where did you post it? I cant find it. Also what is the thread named?

Xbox 360 Freezing/overheating help here, eith PICS. Its in the General Xbox 360 section. I'll also move it to another section if no one notices it.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#108 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
I'm beginning to think this Xbox 360 is just a total piece of crap. Not only after reading this thread, but I also see some of the games on it have pretty bad frame rates even when sporting graphics that aren't even next gen anyway...
It better be a good console or I'm gonna be super pissed.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 JumpingMirrior
Someone else also made a thread like mine, so we have 2 riight now on that site
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -Unreal-
I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

Where Im from we call that ghetto.....
hiphopanimator

haha me too man

76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 76ers

I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing. -Unreal-

true that...

soul_raver47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 soul_raver47
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -Unreal-
Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!soul_raver47
Something this stupid doesn't need floated. Xbox 360 has a fault that needs to be addressed. A thread with some measley little thing like "have the power block off the ground" isn't float worthy.
Stephen149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115 Stephen149
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
bump
Stephen149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116 Stephen149
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]
Something this stupid doesn't need floated. Xbox 360 has a fault that needs to be addressed. A thread with some measley little thing like "have the power block off the ground" isn't float worthy.

YOU'RE not float worthy!
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="Stephen149"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

YOUR not float worthy!

Threads get floated, not forum users. :|
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Goldeneyemaster

[QUOTE="soul_raver47"]Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!-Unreal-

I agree it needs to be adressed by MS.  But this is just a temporary fix.  If it works, why wouldn't it be stickied.  It could help A LOT of people until they release new PSUs.

PWS41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PWS41
Member since 2002 • 3224 Posts
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

unreal i'm not gonna call you a fanboy cause I know you have all the consoles. But to call the 360 crap is just stupid. These are generation one games for the system. A good portion are very unoptimized ports. But it's the time developers put into the games that give the games good quality. Look at COD2, its runs at a very solid 60fps with no slowdown in HD. Then there is Quake which uses the same Doom 3 engine the xbox could handle, but on the 360 it really blows. Every game system has a rough launch, and once launch is over developers aren't rushing to get there game out at launch. Also you need to remember not everyone has this problem. I for one dont have it.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="soul_raver47"]Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!Goldeneyemaster

I agree it needs to be adressed by MS. But this is just a temporary fix. If it works, why wouldn't it be stickied. It could help A LOT of people until they release new PSUs.

So you're telling me, the mods should float a thread which has one thing in it, a fiddly little thing like holding the PSU up off the ground? For an unspecified time until MS **might** swap ALL faulty PSU's people have?
Hmmmm... somehow I don't think so.
Bottom line is, if your 360 is crashing, send it back, it's that simple.
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Goldeneyemaster
[QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="soul_raver47"]Its falling back down please sticky it mods!!!-Unreal-

I agree it needs to be adressed by MS. But this is just a temporary fix. If it works, why wouldn't it be stickied. It could help A LOT of people until they release new PSUs.

So you're telling me, the mods should float a thread which has one thing in it, a fiddly little thing like holding the PSU up off the ground? For an unspecified time until MS **might** swap ALL faulty PSU's people have?
Hmmmm... somehow I don't think so.
Bottom line is, if your 360 is crashing, send it back, it's that simple.

Well it will keep all of the "My 360 is crashing!!!" threads down to a minimum.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="PWS41"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

unreal i'm not gonna call you a fanboy cause I know you have all the consoles. But to call the 360 crap is just stupid. These are generation one games for the system. A good portion are very unoptimized ports. But it's the time developers put into the games that give the games good quality. Look at COD2, its runs at a very solid 60fps with no slowdown in HD. Then there is Quake which uses the same Doom 3 engine the xbox could handle. Every game system has a rough launch. Also you need to remember not everyone has this problem. I for one dont have it.

I'm not gonna reply after this one becuase the mods might think I'm trolling. However, CoD2 on 360 doesn't look as good as it does on PC, plus it DOES have slowdown.
And Quake 4 is a mess on 360, both in detail and framerate. These aren't the only games that don't handle very well on the console.
Not trying to go against MS or Xbox or any of that kinda crap, I'm just saying the system has problems and it doesn't look good for it's future.
With that said, I'll still have my 360 when it's out.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#123 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="PWS41"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

unreal i'm not gonna call you a fanboy cause I know you have all the consoles. But to call the 360 crap is just stupid. These are generation one games for the system. A good portion are very unoptimized ports. But it's the time developers put into the games that give the games good quality. Look at COD2, its runs at a very solid 60fps with no slowdown in HD. Then there is Quake which uses the same Doom 3 engine the xbox could handle. Every game system has a rough launch. Also you need to remember not everyone has this problem. I for one dont have it.

I'm not gonna reply after this one becuase the mods might think I'm trolling. However, CoD2 on 360 doesn't look as good as it does on PC, plus it DOES have slowdown.
And Quake 4 is a mess on 360, both in detail and framerate. These aren't the only games that don't handle very well on the console.
Not trying to go against MS or Xbox or any of that kinda crap, I'm just saying the system has problems and it doesn't look good for it's future.

I'm a hermit and even I'll say that its nots right to bash the hardware for this. The vast majority of consoles -> PC ports are the exact same way. Its just that it was optimized originally for a certain platform, and hasn't had the major optimizing like the original titles :o.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="PWS41"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

I'm a hermit and even I'll say that its nots right to bash the hardware for this. The vast majority of consoles -> PC ports are the exact same way. Its just that it was optimized originally for a certain platform, and hasn't had the major optimizing like the original titles :o.

It's not about Hermit lemming crap, it's about games in general not looking great or running great on the system. Look at some of the videos, Saints Row is one example off the top of my head which I just watched a video of. Not great graphics at all and it still has trouble running.
Obviously I want the system to be great, but right now it's dissapointing me and I don't even have one yet.
PWS41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 PWS41
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="PWS41"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

Have you compared both the PC and 360 version of COD2. Cause all the reviews for COD2 say it runs better on the 360, and the developer interviews claim that it was originally started on the 360. And how doesn't it look as good. The demo version didn't have AA if thats what you mean. My final version does.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"] [QUOTE="PWS41"] [QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I can't beleive you people are happy about this. It's a fault, a major one at that. This is the kinda fiddly thing you would maybe expect to do with a stereo from the 1980's or something. But a video games console which is supposedly so advanced and all, it's seriously dissapointing.

It's not about Hermit lemming crap, it's about games in general not looking great or running great on the system. Look at some of the videos, Saints Row is one example off the top of my head which I just watched a video of. Not great graphics at all and it still has trouble running.
Obviously I want the system to be great, but right now it's dissapointing me and I don't even have one yet.

You know why its not running well? Have you ever heard of a game thats in internal testing or thats in Alpha stage? It goes through major overhauls before it is EVER released.  Its not the hardware's fault or MS's fault that the game runs poorly, its strictly the developers.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Unreal-
Like I said, I'm not going to reply directly to any more comments on the games becuase the mods will think I'm purposely doing it to anoy people.
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Goldeneyemaster
bump bump bump bump
PWS41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PWS41
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]Like I said, I'm not going to reply directly to any more comments on the games becuase the mods will think I'm purposely doing it to anoy people.

Your obviously not trolling. Your not saying anythin like OMG TEH 360 SUXORRRZZZZZ!!1!!11!111one!!!!11!11eleven!1.
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Goldeneyemaster
Well my 360 hasnt crashed yet.  It has been on for about 7 hours.  I think my point has been proven that this method works, I am finally turning it off.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JumpingMirrior
Well my 360 hasnt crashed yet. It has been on for about 7 hours. I think my point has been proven that this method works, I am finally turning it off.Goldeneyemaster

then your shipping it to me? right? RIGHTT?
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Goldeneyemaster

[QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]Well my 360 hasnt crashed yet. It has been on for about 7 hours. I think my point has been proven that this method works, I am finally turning it off.JumpingMirrior

Oh yea... I will send it overnight shipping tonight.:wink:

JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 JumpingMirrior

[QUOTE="JumpingMirrior"] [QUOTE="Goldeneyemaster"]Well my 360 hasnt crashed yet. It has been on for about 7 hours. I think my point has been proven that this method works, I am finally turning it off.Goldeneyemaster

Oh yea... I will send it overnight shipping tonight.:wink:

Sweet
meatball15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 meatball15
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
Good work!  Bump!
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Goldeneyemaster
bump
mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mozzle
Member since 2005 • 2610 Posts
thanks for the tip man
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Goldeneyemaster
Well guys I have to go.  Please try to keep this bumped.  I will be back tomorrow, Hopefully it is stickied by then.
Hdgmedic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Hdgmedic
Member since 2002 • 3676 Posts
This could be a candidate for "Best Thread of the Year".
Spartan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Spartan90
Member since 2004 • 1450 Posts
Does that box(power supply thing)come in the xbox?
killvayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 killvayne
Member since 2005 • 5866 Posts
this is pretty sad..
PWS41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 PWS41
Bump due to more freeze posting
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Vandalvideo
Bumpage. Should sticky.
falstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 falstaff
Member since 2002 • 577 Posts
bump
Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Nobility
Member since 2003 • 20734 Posts
So you're telling me that millions of dollars of reseach could not prove that to be able to have a fully functional 360, you need to put your PSU on a box...ingenious.
_HeHateMe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 _HeHateMe_
Member since 2003 • 6704 Posts
how this this get by MS with  months of testing?
_HeHateMe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 _HeHateMe_
Member since 2003 • 6704 Posts
how this this get by MS with months of testing?
Jambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Jambino
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I don't mind if this is a sticky but it only helps if your system has problems overheating. the thread title should probably changed. I think alot of defective Xbox's have nothing to do with overheating.
falstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 falstaff
Member since 2002 • 577 Posts
News Flash! Suspended power brick does not stop the deep freeze!
Tony__c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Tony__c
Member since 2003 • 3896 Posts

News Flash! Suspended power brick does not stop the deep freeze! falstaff

I'm still freezing every 5-10 minutes.

Virus780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#150 Virus780
Member since 2003 • 207 Posts
The xbox does give off a lot of heat. I wouldn't store it any closed areas. Leave it out in the open.