Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Ubisoft gone lazy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fwept
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

Dont get me wrong... i love rsv2 -alot but at times i feel that ubisoft have been very lazy making it.

So ofcourse there are the bugs on it and the gun noises getting stuck which is quite bad they did not find them and fix them.

Using the same soundtrack as the previous game is not that bad but they could of atleast made a new title screen tune.

It has the xbl message for the playstation when you disconnect which is again lazy as they did not completly check the game

But my biggest reason for calling ubisoft lazy is that they have used maps from an old rainbow six game on the pc (rainbow six 3 - raven shield) and barely changed it and they have used quite a few of them. Villa, presido, oil refinery etc.

But i still heart the game :p just think Ubisoft have been lazy or maybe just majorly pushed for time which is probs the main reason.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
I wouldn't say lazy as to dealing with the timeframe they had.
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
i agree, still a great shooter though. just not an amazing game youll tell your grand kids about lol like bioshock.
Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
I've never encountered this "gun firing sound" glitch ever, in either game. In fact my copy of Vegas 2 is perfectly fine. And to me is an incremental improvement on the first game, althought the achievements aren't as good.
fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fwept
i get it a lot, sometimes i get a glitch where the high pitch noise from flashbangs gets basically stuck
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
ok, ubi hsould have released this game 5 months later. It hurts my eyes. It is so unsmooth and they got really lazy on other parts. I totally agree with you.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i still want to pick it up
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
ok porky that's not over-exaggerating. The game is so unsmooth it literally hurts to play it.
gamez-elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamez-elite
Member since 2005 • 1267 Posts
I've never encountered this "gun firing sound" glitch ever, in either game. In fact my copy of Vegas 2 is perfectly fine. And to me is an incremental improvement on the first game, althought the achievements aren't as good.ViscaBarcaInter

Your "copy" of Vegas isn't fine... The gun sfx glitch is an inherent glitch in game code... not an error on disc. You might not have encountered it yet but that is neither here nor there.

In my opinion, the fact that this glitch is still there even after how many people voiced their annoyances after last game is proof in point that the devs either didn't care or just rushed this one out for profit... which annoys me since I was really looking forward to it.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

they were not lazy, the game was just rushed so it didn't have to compete with GTA4

im sure they are working on a patch

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I've never encountered this "gun firing sound" glitch ever, in either game. In fact my copy of Vegas 2 is perfectly fine. And to me is an incremental improvement on the first game, althought the achievements aren't as good.ViscaBarcaInter

I agree. Same here. I really enjoyed the ranking system and character customization, and did I mention the sprint ability? R6V2 plays a lot better and there are many new additions that make this game worthy of play, more than once. Terrorist hunt kicks butt and the multiplayer is solid. The story in particular wasnt breathtaking and it didnt suck me in, but it did its job. And for those wondering about any graphics improvements, visually, R6V2 looks a lot better. It's more clear, crisp, and better color. As far as textures go, I think R6V original wins in that department. Part two looked a bit bland. In conclusion, I like R6V2 a lot more than the first. It brings new added features, better graphics, and the same old gameplay style now with sprint. If you liked the first, you'll love the second. And if you never played the first R6V, you'll love R6V2 even more.

XboxOwnsPs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxOwnsPs3
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

i get it a lot, sometimes i get a glitch where the high pitch noise from flashbangs gets basically stuckfwept

thats happened in RSV1, shows how much they "fixed" it.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts

In my opinion, the fact that this glitch is still there even after how many people voiced their annoyances after last game is proof in point that the devs either didn't care or just rushed this one out for profit... which annoys me since I was really looking forward to it.gamez-elite

It's both, they didn't care and they rushed it out for profit.

I enjoyed Vegas 1, so I enjoy Vegas 2 now because they are very similar... but it's a very unpolished game, there are many bugs and glitches. I have a hard time recommending this game to people because it's not a good quality game. It's very fun, but it feels like I'm playing a beta. If they make another Rainbow Six game, I hope they spend a lot more time polishing it... and I don't like the whole Vegas theme either, I hope the next game will be like the older R6 games. They're supposed to be world wide, not just in Vegas.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
Isn't the sound glitches from internet lag at all?
Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

I don't like the whole Vegas theme either, I hope the next game will be like the older R6 games. They're supposed to be world wide, not just in Vegas. ag1002

Amen brother. I want to see more globe-trotting. I could care less about a continuous story line. Give me a variety of missions in a bunch of different locations. Preferably with a sandbox approach. Tired of this linear stuff.

gamez-elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamez-elite

Isn't the sound glitches from internet lag at all?EnigmaticBeauty

Maybe sometimes.... I've had it happen during offline co-op ... could be that the game lags out on itself... probably waiting on some input that isn't coming and it gets stuck in a loop.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10590 Posts

i feel that ubisoft have been very lazy making it.

fwept

me too. what a let down. poor graphics, bland levels, its still an ok game, but no where near to the standard i expected. in just about every department too

A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

There are 2 things that really bother me.

One is the rock wall part. How could that not have been fixed before it was released. THe frame rate drops to like 5 fps. THat is rediculous.

Two is in TH, if you go to a level that is open, say the CQB village with the picture of the burning van. IF you get up top you can order you team around the ENTIRE map and they somehow dont encounter anyone. Only if you are with dothe enemies appear.

gamez-elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamez-elite

One is the rock wall part. How could that not have been fixed before it was released. THe frame rate drops to like 5 fps. THat is rediculous.

Two is in TH, if you go to a level that is open, say the CQB village with the picture of the burning van. IF you get up top you can order you team around the ENTIRE map and they somehow dont encounter anyone. Only if you are with dothe enemies appear.

A4Audiguy

It's even worse when you walk into a room, check behind you and walk around; only for the terrorists to spawn right behind you with their precision-aiming SPAS 12. :@
A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="A4Audiguy"]

gamez-elite

It's even worse when you walk into a room, check behind you and walk around; only for the terrorists to spawn right behind you with their precision-aiming SPAS 12. :@

I hear ya. Its all part of the same problem, then terrorists should be placed at the begining of the game, not as you explore it. It creates illogical spawn, a.k.a from empty rooms and so forth

Avatar image for marvingamebeast
marvingamebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 marvingamebeast
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
The game always erases my data my rank has been erased three times now and in fact today.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jolly_Lolly
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

i still want to pick it upOfficialBed

I would reconsider.

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

This definitely should have been an expansion. There was no reason to pay 60 dollars for that game. Thank God I beat it and sold it for full retail price.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I dissagree, Vegas 2 is miles better then Vegas 1, the online is alot more tactical then Vegas 1 and the singleplayer mode is also way better on vegas 2. Ubisoft really surprised me with Vegas 2, i thought it might be average at best, but its the best online shooter on the 360 imo
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kozzy1234

This definitely should have been an expansion. There was no reason to pay 60 dollars for that game. Thank God I beat it and sold it for full retail price.

jpstill85

Your missing a great online experience then. ANd i totally dissagree, Vegas 2 is 1000000 times better then Vegas 1, i am loving Vegas 2 online, its so tactical. Definatly nto for everyone thoughy as the online takes awhile to get use to, its got a high learning curve compared to most games, because there IS NO AUTO AIM like in COD4 and Halo3

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jpstill85
[QUOTE="jpstill85"]

kozzy1234

Your missing a great online experience then. ANd i totally dissagree, Vegas 2 is 1000000 times better then Vegas 1, i am loving Vegas 2 online, its so tactical. Definatly nto for everyone thoughy as the online takes awhile to get use to, its got a high learning curve compared to most games, because there IS NO AUTO AIM like in COD4 and Halo3

Online was SO much better on Vegas 1. This game is garbage. I actually played Vegas 1 again recently and it actually runs better than 2. So I have to disagree. Vegas 2 is nothing more than a profit manipulation.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="jpstill85"]

jpstill85

Online was SO much better on Vegas 1. This game is garbage. I actually played Vegas 1 again recently and it actually runs better than 2. So I have to disagree. Vegas 2 is nothing more than a profit manipulation.

haha, thats BS, ive played the rainbow6 series since it started back in the day on pc and this Vegas 2 is finally taking the Rainbow6 series in the right direction.. MORE TACTICAL/REALISM. I know Vegas 2 isnt for everyone, but for those of us who love tactical shooters, this is perfect. Just because you suck at a game doesnt mean you should hate it man. Im bad at Halo3 and Forza2 but i sitll play them alot. Playing the singleplayer will not give you a taste of the fantastic online for Vegas 2.

Vegas 1 you could pick it up and kick butt right away with no problems. But with Vegas 2 you actually have to get a hang of hte learning curve or you will get your butt kicked. More tactical gameplay for rainbow6 = MUCH BETTER. Maybe give the online more of a chance then a few hours? The first 2 hours i played i HATED Vegas 2... but then after 2-3 hours i started to love it, you jsut have to try out all the guns, learn the levels and take your time. This is not a RUN OUT AND START SPRAYING type of shooter.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i thought it was a pretty solid game
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jpstill85
[QUOTE="jpstill85"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="jpstill85"]

kozzy1234

haha, thats BS, ive played the rainbow6 series since it started back in the day on pc and this Vegas 2 is finally taking the Rainbow6 series in the right direction.. MORE TACTICAL/REALISM. I know Vegas 2 isnt for everyone, but for those of us who love tactical shooters, this is perfect. Just because you suck at a game doesnt mean you should hate it man. Im bad at Halo3 and Forza2 but i sitll play them alot. Playing the singleplayer will not give you a taste of the fantastic online for Vegas 2.

Vegas 1 you could pick it up and kick butt right away with no problems. But with Vegas 2 you actually have to get a hang of hte learning curve or you will get your butt kicked. More tactical gameplay for rainbow6 = MUCH BETTER. Maybe give the online more of a chance then a few hours? The first 2 hours i played i HATED Vegas 2... but then after 2-3 hours i started to love it, you jsut have to try out all the guns, learn the levels and take your time. This is not a RUN OUT AND START SPRAYING type of shooter.

Obviously you don't get my point. I in no way suck at Rainbow Six. I thoroughly enjoyed the tactical gameplay of the first Vegas game. It's probably still my favorite 360 game. But Vegas 2 was a huge let down. It feels broken and for a sequel on a console riddled with shooters, this game is a big letdown in my opinion. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I suck at it.

fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fwept
i get it on and offline.
fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fwept
[QUOTE="jpstill85"]

kozzy1234

Yeah i agree, at first the online is a total *beep* to get use to but as you start to get the hang of it and get a couple of kills under your belt the game gets fun as you start to stand a chance against people. And no auto aim is awsome. I hate auto aim as it makes the game easier for people who are not as skilled as you to pwn you up.

fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fwept
Same as me, i hated the online on vegas 2 when i started playing it as well i kept getitng owned but then it gets awsome. And your a fan of rainbow six like me, playing it in the day when it was on pc. Its quite funny imo that they have used 4 maps from rainbow six 3: raven shield. Though atleast they used villa from it as villa owns :-)
fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fwept
amen
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
The title screen music is different. TC did you even play the first one? Yes this game has many problems, no one can deny it. The one thing that really bugs me more than anything is the broken terrorist hunt. The terrorists have some sort of ability to snipe you with a spas 12, and even when you get the drop on them and you land 3 rounds before they fire on you, you still die. How in the hell do they have reflexes steel?
ZombieInABox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 ZombieInABox
Member since 2003 • 269 Posts

Its sad UBISOFT was my favorite developer for the original xbox...but man have they just been "Lazy" for lack of a better word. I mean Chaos Theory and Far Cry were just fantastic not to mention the Rainbow and Recons were solid too.

First on this Rainbow6V2 I agree...a part of me loves this game and a part of me dispises the people who made it. As mentioned before Recycling old maps is a budget move, Same sound and Graphics...after you stare at eye candy like Gears its hard to go back to PS2 HD. Cover positions can be glitchy as there are a handful of places you can walk out into the open even in Cover as you try and look around a corner not to mention invisible barriers that prevent your shots from hitting opponents even though there is no possible way you could be missing. The game is still riddled with glitches, grenades can be frustrating as Railings and stuff make it harder than threading a needle at times to pull off your throw...not to mention "they throw like girly men".

But you REALLY have to appreciate the "NEW AND IMPROVED ONLINE STORY MODE COOP"...thats been reduced from 4 players to 2...wait...WHAT???!!!

Content wise its lacking, I mean adding new weapons are a dime a dozen...the armor selection is the SAME so leveling up is really really lack luster especially since you cant use 80% of gear with a Custom Face. I was very dissapointed here actually they should have revamped the items and stuff here because they pretty much cloned the first one and rearranged the order you unlock it. ACES was a joke as well I was done with those in like a day or two.

Been a HORRIBLE last few years for UBISOFT in my opinion just to attack a few titles like the Ghost Recons...as soon as I touched the GRAW 2 DEMO I was stunned how the same it was...I was so over that game in a heartbeat after seeing that demo.

The worst thing to ever happen to me as a die hard fan is Splinter Cell Double Agent...the one time they should have cloned a game they went and made this. This game was so hacked up and destroyed its amazing how people try and build an arguement for it...I remember chat boards with some the the PMS girls trying to tell people they dont know what they are talking about until they play the full game when the demo was out. Im sorry, they destroyed this game online...Pandora and Chaos Theory were mindblowing not to mention Theory had cool online COOP and not this 1/2 hearted COOP they put in Double Agent. How game testers, developers, and people with any smarts at all could release a game this limited is beyond me...this game puzzles me so badly it makes me want to scream...Ive just never seen anticipated sequal just shot down into nothing as it did. If Conviction is anything like that multiplayer myself...and A LOT OF PEOPLE I know are just going to avoid it.

UBISOFT keep rolling in the money somehow so everybody keep hugging and loving them...oh and flaming people such as myself that have complaints and concerns.

UBISOFT=UNDERACHIEVERS...they are capable of so much more...they have great titles that they like to just cash in on Sequals consisting of 60$ Content downloads.

Here is one final question. If Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was a 60$ download expansion for the first Rainbow...what would you be buying? A few levels, A few weapons...the ablility to play 2 player online Story rather than 4 players? I dont know if its just me but thinking of it as a download rather than a sequal makes it sound much more like a Cash In Rip Off. And if the story of GRAWS AND RAINBOWS gets anymore recycled...blah...blah...blah...nukes....we have to stop them...zzzzzzz.

1973duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 1973duster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
the only thing i realy have to complain about is the framerate drops, when you face the helicopter in the last part of story mode, I almost couldn't beat it the lag was so bad
AAE999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AAE999
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
yh i think your right. rainbow six vegas 1 was the best!
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

they are lazy...its classic tom clancy games, dont do much to the game...ohhh they added runnin..huge hahaha

if they had improved the graphics or kept 4 player co op i would have prolly got it

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
After playing very polished games like CoD4 and Uncharted, you really notice how RSV2 has muddy textures, an unstable framerate and just isn't very pretty... I read the reviews before buying it so I wasn't surprised, but it's still disappointing when a sequel to a game you really liked isn't a huge leap forward.
Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts
I wanted to pick this up but from what Ive been told is it is RBV with sprinting for the most part.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Ubisoft lazy?!?! NO WAY! Seriously though, have you played any of their ports? How disappointing was the PS3 port of R6V? They are pretty lazy. I hope they don't crap on EndWar though.
smokeyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 smokeyf
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts

i get it a lot, sometimes i get a glitch where the high pitch noise from flashbangs gets basically stuckfwept

I think thats the simulated effect of what you'd hear if you were actually near a FB. I don't think its a glitch.The closer you are to the FB when it goes off, the longer the ringing lasts. If you have a quality sound system(as i do)you can hear the resonating ring of the FB for quite some time. If you wanted to get technical, i believe that if you were anywhere near a FB your ears would probably ring for the better part of a day. Maybe it should ring until the match is over or you die.

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts

i've never heard the gunglitch. My copy was brand new and wont always start though.

Lets not judge ubisoft on being lazy untill we can get our hands on farcry2 hehehe can't wait.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
I experienced this once. I had to quit the game and restart the checkpoint for it to go away. I also noticed a lot of really bad framerate problems during some big conflicts.
ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
its rue but villas bada** for attack defend
jbasso07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jbasso07
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts
i don't know if anybody else has been getting this, but sometimes when i join a player match my screen is black and the only way to get anything to appear is to press the guide and then i see the score. The worst part is i'll press guide, see the score and realize i've already been killed.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kozzy1234

i don't know if anybody else has been getting this, but sometimes when i join a player match my screen is black and the only way to get anything to appear is to press the guide and then i see the score. The worst part is i'll press guide, see the score and realize i've already been killed.jbasso07

never had any of those problems, just some framrate problems in the singleplayer, other then that its been a great experience in Vegas 2 for me.