Questions as a future Xbox 360 owner.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

Ok So'll be getting a 360 soon, around september, previously thought of buying a Ps3 instead because I thought it would be the RPG console of choice this gen, but seeing that isn't the case now, I'm glad I waited and found out which console to buy. As a current Wii-only owner I also do some light PC gaming playing my fav oldies on my horrible PC, not that I'm not satisfied with the my purchase of my Wii, in fact I haven't been this addicted to two games(SSBB and Mario Kart Wii) since the SNES era, but like I expected the Wii isn't very RPG rich.

Now to the questions, I currently live in Panama(Central American country) and my brother lives in the US, now If I had my brother buy me a 360 over there and have him ship it over here, will I still be able to send my 360 to MS if it gets a RROD?

And what other games should I get? Aside from Tales of Vesperia which will be the first game I will buy. I was thinking of TES: Oblivion due to it's longevity to hold me for some time or Lost Odyssey. I may also get other '07 games I missed like Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed and The Orange Box and other misc. games like Ninja Gaiden 2, Devil May Cry 4 and Mass Effect. I need to choose between 3 out of all these games, which should I get?

You may be wondering why I don't get a 360 here in Panama, thing is that it costs 550$ here for a Pro 360 though the games are roughly the same price.

Thanks in advance.

USSR_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 USSR_Hawk
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts
U should get me a sandiwch first, then get yourself Dead rising is an excellent RPG game, Full of sexy zombies
BigGhost_AJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 BigGhost_AJT
Member since 2004 • 928 Posts
You didn't mention Bioshock..buy that one. Oblivion (which I had previously hated) is pretty awesome. If you're looking for replay value there's hardly anything better to recommend
Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

Definate Yes to the following.

1) Oblivion
2) Assassins Creed
3) Call Of Duty 4
4) The Orange Box
5) Mass Effect

If i had to choose 3 from the above mentioned then i would go with Oblivion. The Orange Box and Assassins Creed but COD 4 is really good also

Since you like RPG's (as i do) Then you should Check out Fable 2 which comes out in about 2 months. Have a look at the Trailers and Demo Videos.

As for other good games....if you are interested in Shooters then i recommend the following

1) Tom Clancy's - Rainbow Six (Vegas) 1 and 2
2) ........................ - Ghost Recon (Advanced Warfighter) 1 and 2
3) Gears Of War
4) The Halo Series

And have a look at the upcoming game "Far Cry 2". It looks promising

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#5 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

get Bioshock or Gears of War, perhaps Halo 3. in the future get Fable 2, Gears 2,or Fallout 3.

and you should be able to send it in for a fix up. if you don't wanna worry about that, just keep it in a well ventilated space.

and don't play it TOO much. :P

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

Yes,you should be able to send it in for repairs.

Also...Blue Dragon IS a good game.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

3 games that you HAVE to own Fallout 3 Halo 3 and then depending on how it is Too Human but im skeptical from the demo but its just me Gears of war isnt worth it only because gears 2 comes out then online dies. But either way ya have fun with your purchase.