Questions about GTAIV DLC..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Well let me first start off by saying i finally bought GTAIV again and played more than 5 hours like i did the first time. In fact i bought it last night and i havent stopped playing it for a straight 16 hours lol. Time for a break!

Anyway, i'm going to be getting the DLC.

My main question is, is it better to buy the disk or just DL them off XBOX Live. If they are the exact same price then i'll buy the disk in case one day i dont have Internet i can still play them. However, if its cheaper to DL them then ill do that, do you guys know the pricing on this off hand?

My second question is this: Does the DLC (or expansion packs) have new areas in the world to explore or do you play from the already large map that there is?

Two simple questions, thanks guys!

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

They are the same price in either form.

The DLC opens new buildings in the existing area, but no new islands. the new guns are great!

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

They are the same price in either form.

The DLC opens new buildings in the existing area, but no new islands. the new guns are great!

DarthKalo

well that's good. they have so many buildings it would be foolish just to make the game bigger lol. I wish at least 10% of the buildings were open so i could go in and buy different things. But that would require the game to be so much more complicated, which id like, but its good the way it is. i guess i have another question: Lets say i did buy the expansion pack. Would i therefore have to put in separate disk to play the new episodes or do the episodes DL directly into you xbox and would all three become active if i had my GTAIV in. LIke they did with Fallout 3 DLC they released on disk. Thing is, if they did do thatit would be so easy for people to pass around and get the DLC for free. I guess that still possible with the FO3 DLC but since the episodes of liberty city can be played without GTAIV im confused on how they have this set up. That would be another reason why i would buy the DLC on XBOX Live would be because i would have to swap out three different disk, which i hope is not the case.