Question For Mass Effect Early Owners...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts
how is the enemy AI and friend AI ??? is it good ? or could be better ?
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
hey i dont hav Mass Effect yet but i also wanna ask the early Mass Effect owners how they like it compared to the great games that are already out ???
connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 connor1989
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
just head over to the mass effect forum! there have been 2 gd reviews by players with no spoliers!!!! that shud give u all the info u need
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ipik_Fenris

just head over to the mass effect forum! there have been 2 gd reviews by players with no spoliers!!!! that shud give u all the info u needconnor1989

ok thnks

carddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 carddude
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts
Hey, is there like any orgies in that game like they said, cause I want to get it, but my parents are worried
connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 connor1989
there is a sex scene! well we will call it that but u dont see anything! its rated at 12 in the uk so ur parents shud let u get it, if not show them a uk game so they can see that it is only rated a 12 anddoesnt have anything dodgy in it
carddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carddude
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts
I thought the sex scenes were every where! Where can I find the UK rating?
connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 connor1989
just go to www.game.co.uk that hass mass effect as 12.....its the biggest and best game shop in the uk
BelatedNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BelatedNoob
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts

how is the enemy AI and friend AI ??? is it good ? or could be better ?Ipik_Fenris

I, personally didnt find them that good at all...

But thats just my opinion.....XD

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ipik_Fenris

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]how is the enemy AI and friend AI ??? is it good ? or could be better ?BelatedNoob

did you already played it ?

Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts
I'm guessing the AI is standard RPG Ai, nothing special, but in reality we all know in this game the AI doesnt make or break it...I hope :)
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
[QUOTE="BelatedNoob"]

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]how is the enemy AI and friend AI ??? is it good ? or could be better ?Ipik_Fenris

did you already played it ?

no he hasnt...checked his profile, likely jelous ps fanboy

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts
hey im from oz i got my copy today...so far from what ive played the enemy a.i is well worked and smartthey take cover, use these special shields just like in halo but yeh no probs wif enemies..i think the friednly a.i isn't as good as other games lil hiccups like sending ur team to cover takes them a litle while to get actualy get out of fire but other than that daam this game is soo good
twinkydude398

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 twinkydude398
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have the game. the AI is pretty smart. I love the game i love it more than COD4by far. there are 2 sex scenes as far as I'm concerned. 1 with an alien who's an asari( the reason its banned in Singapore) and 1 with your squad mate. I wont tel you when and where. these only happen is you want them to happen though, you can say otherwise
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

hey i dont hav Mass Effect yet but i also wanna ask the early Mass Effect owners how they like it compared to the great games that are already out ???MIB911

Mass Effect is friggin' awesome to the western-****games out right now. However, it will never be able to compare to the masterpiece genre known as the JRPG.

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
The A.I. is fine, it all depends on what difficulty you play at. On harder difficulties the some of the enemies become really agressive. You team's A.I. doesn't lack thought either, you can tell them what to do during battle and 80% of the time you can be sure they will do it successfully.
RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts

[QUOTE="MIB911"]hey i dont hav Mass Effect yet but i also wanna ask the early Mass Effect owners how they like it compared to the great games that are already out ???Ironfungus

Mass Effect is friggin' awesome to the western-****games out right now. However, it will never be able to compare to the masterpiece genre known as the JRPG.

JRPG's are a dying breed.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ironfungus
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

[QUOTE="MIB911"]hey i dont hav Mass Effect yet but i also wanna ask the early Mass Effect owners how they like it compared to the great games that are already out ???RipaX21

JRPG's are a dying breed.

Yeah I agree with you there, but not for the same reasons. They stopped making as much and shipping them over here.

It relates to...let's say, Star Wars. It's an epic movie adventure unparalelled by any other series, but it's not being made anymore (people aren't really trying anymore when making movies). So technically it's a dying breed also, but still one of the greatest things America has to offer.

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
sex scene?... were going inter species with aliens now? gees, they dont let us do it with any animals here? xD joking.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ironfungus

sex scene?... were going inter species with aliens now? gees, they dont let us do it with any animals here? xD joking.sonic0491

Unless you'd count the alien as an animal.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Mass Effect is a great game overall...the AI is probably the worst component and the story arc the best.

Friendly AI: It can be annoying and atrocious when your teamates stand behind a pillar for an entire fire fight and blast away at the pillar for like five minutes or they just run out with a pistol and get their a** handed to them. Basically you should control all their movement and power usage yourself. The game will be much more tactical this way.

Enemy AI: Standard fare here, I did not notice any real problems or anything outstanding. The enemy will ususally try and use cover (on the harder settings) and sometimes tries to rush or flank with tough enemies.

Warning: Do not expect this game to be a run and gun shooter, you will be disappointed! It is a RPG with a good progression system, great dialogue, great story and some shooter/power elements tacked on.

Conclusion: I really was hyped about ME and enjoyed it very much. I am into both shooters and RPG's so this game was right up my alley. Probably the fifth best title available for Xbox 360 IMO behind: Oblivion, GEOW, Bioshock, Condemned.

Hope this helps.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ironfungus

Mass Effect is a great game overall...the AI is probably the worst component and the story arc the best.

Friendly AI: It can be annoying and atrocious when your teamates stand behind a pillar for an entire fire fight and blast away at the pillar for like five minutes or they just run out with a pistol and get their a** handed to them. Basically you should control all their movement and power usage yourself. The game will be much more tactical this way.

Enemy AI: Standard fare here, I did not notice any real problems or anything outstanding. The enemy will ususally try and use cover (on the harder settings) and sometimes tries to rush or flank with tough enemies.

Warning: Do not expect this game to be a run and gun shooter, you will be disappointed! It is a RPG with a good progression system, great dialogue, great story and some shooter/power elements tacked on.

Conclusion: I really was hyped about ME and enjoyed it very much. I am into both shooters and RPG's so this game was right up my alley. Probably the fifth best title available for Xbox 360 IMO behind: Oblivion, GEOW, Bioshock, Condemned.

Hope this helps.

T_0_D

It's more an Action RPG if anything. Not a full blown RPG. I didn't really think of the AIs as bad, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to that. In an "RPG" as it was mistakenly labeled, I usually only focus on the story elements.

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
Enemy AI is pretty terrible.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

When it comes to fighting, they're good. They are early on the attack and they use their skills and abilities. As for squad command, it's basically nonexistent. They dont do as their told. I didnt use any squad commands at all because it's bugged. It's still an excellent game.

Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
The Buddy die quickly if they are set to offensive so its best to set them on defensive.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I've only just started playing it, something like 4 hours into the game but from what I've played so far. Then enemy AI is okay but not the best I've seen. The team mates AI is okay as long as you give them the orders. If you let them do what they want then its pretty useless and you'll see them dying all the time.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

The enemy AI is fine. Whoever said it's "atrocious," I don't know what you're looking for in an enemy AI. They shoot at you, take cover, and occasionally rush your position. It's no more or less sophisticated than the AI in your typical shooter.

The friendly AI is a little lacking. Sometimes, your squadmates are very helpful, using their special abilities to really jack up the enemy. Other times, they're utterly clueless. It's hit or miss, though in any event, it was never a show-stopper for me. Your companions don't die in combat, they just go down like in Gears of War, and recover as soon as you've killed all the bad guys in an area.

On an unrelated topic, yeah, Mass Effect is an action/RPG hybrid. It's an RPG with strong action elements. I compare this to Bioshock, which was a shooter with RPG elements. I think of Mass Effect as somewhere around a 70/30 split between RPG and action. It's a lot like Oblivion in that respect.

Oh, and someone likes Japanese RPGs better than Occidental RPGs. I'll send in my two cents: I think comparing a JRPG and an American one is like playing a rail shooter, we'll say House of the Dead 2, versus The Orange Box.

arabianplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 arabianplayer
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
well your buds are REALLY DUMP but the enemies are REALLY SMART.....UNFAIR
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

The friendly AI is pretty good.

The enemy AI can be turned up so it's really good.

There is a sex scene.

The game is great. Everyone who can get it should.