Question about Xbox 360 DLC and Hard drives- Please help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blcknyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blcknyte
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I'm selling my Xbox 360 to a friend, and was planning to delete my Xbox Live gamertag account off the Hard drive. I know that the account is kept online, so I still have the account for Games for Windows games and if I ever buy a 360 again, but if I delete my account off the HDD, does my friend still have access to all the downloaded content on the HDD?

So basically, is DLC specific to the hard drive or the account? And when my friend makes a new gamertag on the HDD, does she have access to all the DLC on it that I bought with my account?

Any help on this would be appreciated, thankyou.

s_bowers_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 s_bowers_15
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
The DLC is directly connected to the account it was purchased on. Your firend will not be able to access that DLC without purchasing it again.
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Liberator72
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
Some of it is linked to the console but all of it is linked to the Gamertag. For instance, I downloaded the COD4 map pack on 1 account on my console but have access to it at all times on my main account (don't ask why, it's a long story). However, things like Xbox Live Arcade games are linked to the gamertag so you have to be on the account that you purchased it to have the full version. The games would still be there and accessible, but only in trial mode. It really depends on the game I think. Oblivion DLC is tied to the Gamertag as far as I can remember. Just remember though, if you do buy another 360 in the future and recover your Gamertag, don't forget to transfer your DRM for the DLC you purchased and redownload it. Doing so will allow you to use your DLC with out being connected to Xbox Live
blcknyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blcknyte
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Thank you both for the answers. I was hoping it would be accessible to my friend, I'd rather her not have to download all the stuff again. But it wasn't much DLC anyway, just some GH3 songs and the Mass Effect extra mission. But at least I can access those again in the future.