Question about KOTOR on 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Hi guys. I just picked up a game I've always wanted to play since it was released back on the original Xbox, but never got the system. I recently got an old used 360 from a friend so I decided to find this gem of a game.

Here's the problem though, the frame rate dips really low in almost any kind of skirmish or open area. So low that I'd say it reaches around 2-3 frames a second making combat unbearable at times. Is this problem exclusive to me? Does the 360 play the game poorly? Perhaps my console or the game disc is the problem.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

The 360 has a tricky situation when it comes to playing Original Xbox games. The problem you're experiencing isn't exclusive to you, it's just a fault in how the 360's are supposed to play KOTOR. Here's a list of all the games that can be played on 360 for more information.

Almost all the games have some sort of issue. KOTOR does experience severe lag during fights. If you can find an original Xbox, I'd suggest picking it up, as that's going to be the best way to experience all the games without issues, outside of purchasing the games on Steam (if they're available that is).