Purchasing Advice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for rickyrickyricky
rickyrickyricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 rickyrickyricky
Member since 2003 • 435 Posts

I want to get a 360 now that I have saved up enough money, but I still want the best deal.

I heard the core system sucks, but do i save money by buying the HD separate? (i really don't know what else it has)

Also, should I buy off ebay? I can better deals, but I don't have receipts and such if I get the RROD or something else malfunctions.

I'm positive that I'm getting one, I just want to know where to go for the best deal on a reliable system. I don't have enough for the Elite =P

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I want to get a 360 now that I have saved up enough money, but I still want the best deal.

I heard the core system sucks, but do i save money by buying the HD separate? (i really don't know what else it has)

Also, should I buy off ebay? I can better deals, but I don't have receipts and such if I get the RROD or something else malfunctions.

I'm positive that I'm getting one, I just want to know where to go for the best deal on a reliable system. I don't have enough for the Elite =P

rickyrickyricky
I wouldn't buy off of eBay just because you never know what you may be getting. Buy it from a store. That way it's yours, you can maybe get a replacement plan from where you bought it from or you can easily send it into MS if you get the RROD. And chances of that have gone down with new consoles.
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
if u want the HDMI, get the elite but if u dont have a HDTV or dont need the best get the pro, u get all u need with the pro at a good price, headset, live cord, two games, componet cords which are slightly worse than HDMI, but i cant tell the difference. and its $349.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
You'd save money if you bought the HDD bundled with the Console.. Now which HDD should you get? That depends what kindof things you'll be downloading. As for PRP's I don't think any retailers offer them anymore since they've been losing money thanks to RROD.
Avatar image for rickyrickyricky
rickyrickyricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 rickyrickyricky
Member since 2003 • 435 Posts

what about this bestbuy.com package? I still get Microsoft's warranty and such right?
this is one thing i was also looking for, bundled with games

I'm assuming that its the pro...