Pros & Cons?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
Hey, I'm trying to convince my parents to let me buy a 360 so I can play live with friends. I already have a PS3 and they're saying I play too much so I want to pros and cons to help sell my point. Thanks
BlueNapkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BlueNapkin
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts

Con- You Bought A PS3

Pro-GET A 360 and stop letting your parents control your life id kill my parents if they even tried to

tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tsylord
Thanks for the input but I want to use the HD family TV
Scripe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scripe
Member since 2002 • 1972 Posts

Thanks for the input but I want to use the HD family TVtsylord

Well if you take BlueNapkin's advice you'll have the HDTV all to yourself.... until the cops arrive. But seriously. No matter how many systems you own you can only play one at a time. So at least it shouldn't "increase" the amount of time you play. I'd make that point if I were you. And I would agree to shorten my playing time a reasonable amount to deal with their concerns about your play time.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
cheaper than PS3, more games, tons of demos to down load and try before you buy games. now with hdmi. cons sooner or later your 360 will die on you. there is a good chance of RROD. Pro all 360s have a 3 year warranty, so if your 360 does die M$ will Fix it for free, Con the time you will have to wait untill you get it back 3 to 4 weeks.
tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tsylord
Thanks
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts

Con- You Bought A PS3

Pro-GET A 360 and stop letting your parents control your life id kill my parents if they even tried to

BlueNapkin

kids like you are why the world is the way it is. :x

gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts

They think you play too much. What difference does it make if you have a PS3 or an Xbox 360? If anything you'll just play your Xbox 360 more because of Live and all the 360 games coming out these days. Besides, I'm guessing they got you the PS3, so appreciate that. It's your fault that you didn't do the research and got the wrong console.

SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
Post this here? the fanboys will just tell you to get a 360,, duh!
DrDeath10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrDeath10
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
If you discuss to have reasonable perameters on your playing time, then I'm sure you can convince you parents. Share with your siblings if you have any and don't complain when they ask you to do chores. That will always backfire on you.
DrDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DrDazzle
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

Well... the only real way to list pros and cons for the 360 is to compare it to other consoles, and I doubt your parents will go for that. As for "real" pros and cons (I will assume all you want are pros) to get your parents to buy it:

HD DVD capable w/ the HD Player - Good if they are interested in the HD experience

Future DVR Function - I forget what the name will be, but GI said that Microsoft is planning a TiVO/DVR like program and network for the XBox 360, if they are interested in that as well. Keep in mind these things will involve them using your XBox when you may want to use it yourself.

Comraderie - May have spelled that wrong. Some parents appreciate that you can join up with friends and on certain levels build a sense of good sportsmanship and teamwork. Sounds very momish, but some people really appreciate that possibility, but don't factor in the jerks on XBL.

Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

pros- u wont be on the street again doin the dirty dirty.

cons-its not free

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

pros: good games, good family experience (esp with scene it come soon), online=flawless, like DR. Dazzle said future tivo like functions, download hit movies/tv shows, beaautiful hd games :)

cons: 60$ a game :(, some say the xbox live fee

all i can think of right now ill private message you if i have more later

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts

Con- You Bought A PS3

BlueNapkin
ud kill ur parents wow thats psychotic and disturbing on soooo many levels
Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Rationalizing gaming with parents typically never works. Maybe you've got a shot if you try to explain the social community over xbox live that you can use to make friends and talk with existing friends, but odds are they won't understand. Hate to break it to you, but parents don't have the greatest image about gaming in general, be happy with your PS3 man, that thing is about to start getting great games soon.

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts
[QUOTE="BlueNapkin"]

Con- You Bought A PS3

GEARSofWAR360

ud kill ur parents wow thats psychotic and disturbing on soooo many levels

Imagine what he'd do for a corvette or some other luxury car : O...

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

Rationalizing gaming with parents typically never works. Maybe you've got a shot if you try to explain the social community over xbox live that you can use to make friends and talk with existing friends, but odds are they won't understand. Hate to break it to you, but parents don't have the greatest image about gaming in general, be happy with your PS3 man, that thing is about to start getting great games soon.

Big_Boss465

lol at your left sig, He got what he was looking for =))