Prince of Persia: A glimpse of Assassins Creed 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
As I was playing through Prince of Persia last night, I thought about how I read that PoP is using a modified version of the Assassins Creed engine. So now I'm wondering if all the crazy acrobatics and combat will carry over to AC2. Honestly, this PoP is how AC should have played in the first place, IMO.
crazy1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 crazy1942
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
yeh it reminds me a little assassins creed!!! do u know when AC2 comes out?
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="crazy1942"]yeh it reminds me a little assassins creed!!! do u know when AC2 comes out?

I don't think it's been announced by Ubisoft yet.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Thats a HORRIBLE idea IMO!! I think AC looks amazing! PoP looks like trash to me,imo again, i hate the cartoon look and everything about it! It looks so cheap and lazy! I haven't play the new PoP and i dont plan on it, i have seen vids though! But if the combat and stuff is good than i would want that but not the cheap cartoon look!
moz_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 moz_exe
Member since 2006 • 2374 Posts
Be Quiet.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EnderSR388
Thats a HORRIBLE idea IMO!! I think AC looks amazing! PoP looks like trash to me,imo again, i hate the cartoon look and everything about it! It looks so cheap and lazy! I haven't play the new PoP and i dont plan on it, i have seen vids though! But if the combat and stuff is good than i would want that but not the cheap cartoon look!xmen1414
Well I have played it, I own it actually, and it's the best PoP in the series! Just barely edging out Sands of Time. You're really missing out on a great game, but that's your choice. But what I was really getting at was the gameplay mechanics, not the aesthetic look of it. I think the movement and combat should feel something similiar to PoP in AC2.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EnderSR388
If you download the Altair skin for the Prince, you can kind of imagine what AC2 would play like. At least I'm hoping.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts
Cartoony style doesn't sound promising for AC2, but i'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't use it anyhow. As for game engine, that would be an indicator. And Ubisoft haven't announced it as such, but they have said "we're working very hard on it". See recent Gamespot news story.
thedude78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedude78
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

Thats a HORRIBLE idea IMO!! I think AC looks amazing! PoP looks like trash to me,imo again, i hate the cartoon look and everything about it! It looks so cheap and lazy! I haven't play the new PoP and i dont plan on it, i have seen vids though! But if the combat and stuff is good than i would want that but not the cheap cartoon look!xmen1414

Lazy? Cheap? Cel-shaded graphics are not a simple walk in the park. And it's also an ingenious artistic style. Not every game is going to look like Queers of War, hate to break it to you.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
not the graphics the gameplay
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
They're similar in some ways, but overall, they're quite different. I don't think it's how AC should have been played, AC was supposed to be grounded in reality to some extent, unlike PoP. And I'm insulted by the guy who called PoP's graphics cheap. They're some the best graphics this year; it looks absolutely beautiful.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EnderSR388
They're similar in some ways, but overall, they're quite different. I don't think it's how AC should have been played, AC was supposed to be grounded in reality to some extent, unlike PoP. And I'm insulted by the guy who called PoP's graphics cheap. They're some the best graphics this year; it looks absolutely beautiful. Englando_IV
PoP looks even more amazing when you're playing it! I'm sorta disappointed that people aren't even playing it, yet they say how terrible it is. :(
youre_effed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 youre_effed
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

sands of time was much better than this prince of persia
not enough fighting scenes nor do you have to take time and think about the obstacles as much
the game was good though dont get me wrong but i should have rented it before buying it. :s

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
hopefully theres a lot more to do in AC2 there were a lot of games like this,,, but PoP was definitely the biggest waste of quality this year. amazing gameplay = check amazing graphics = check everything else = nay