BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

So! It seemed like a good idea to encourage more activity on this board, and what better way to do that than create a thread where everyone can post what they have recently bought? Yay!!!!!! Remember to make sure that it's either gaming, or technology related (like new headphones, new TV etc. etc.). Don't forget you can include photos too (just please remember if you want to post photos of items you have bought please do so as long as its not breaking any Gamespot rules).

This can also serve as a recommendations thread if you are looking for something new but are unsure on what. Just remember to keep things civil, remember to follow the Xbox Association Board Rules and don't forget to post your recent purchases! Alright! Let's get this party started folks..... if any of you have any other recommendations for the thread, feel free to post them below. As always, let's have some fun!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56066 Posts

Well I only purchase a good game called Dying Light on my Xbox One and it's the only game I'm currently playing. The game is fun and it's pretty much the only best game for 2015 so far until something good comes out. I'm considering buying Bloodborne if the reviews are good.

[I'll post something more later on if I'm not busy at work]

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre

@davillain-: Nice, nice. I finished Dying Light recently but I didn't enjoy it unfortunately, I found it average at most. Glad you're enjoying it though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

Downloading Bloodborne so I maybe busy to play anything else so I'll start the game tonight. [U.S time] Getting back into Advanced Warfare.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre

@davillain-: Let me know what you think of Bloodborne, I've never played a Souls game before but it's something I'd like to try (especially since they said Bloodborne is more welcoming to newer players).

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6086 Posts

Just downloaded the new map pack for Call of Duty:Advanced Warfare.Hoping it's better then the first DLC map pack.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@brimmul777:

What does this map pack add? I must admit, I am slightly confused as to how the Zombie mode works with this, does the base game have it included or do you need to purchase a map pack/season pass to actually get access to it?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

Okay since this is an Xbox discussion board I have a question. Is Sunset Overdrive worth buying? I played the 24 hour trail back when MS offer it but I didn't like the humor which was a letdown for me but if I had play it long enough, is it worth buying the game?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garfield360uk

@davillain-:

I have not got super far, but I think it is enjoyable and over looked often. The mechanics tend to get better over time and I started to learn how to wall run which changed the game for me as moving around was a lot faster and also just feels cool. I get what your saying about the story and the over the top nature of the characters and from what I have played/seen of the game that remains. But I enjoyed what I have played so far and with the price cut maybe it is a good time to get into it as more people will be online given its had a price cut?

I also like the free updates with achievements added for doing certain tasks (like the Valentines Day update with the high scoring achievement for finding all the developers daughters art in the game, easy enough to do but nice in terms of the father/daughter relationship and also for that big achievement).

Personally I would say go for it, but if you dislike the humour and know of other games you want instead, maybe wait? Do you have any friends you could borrow the game off for a couple of days to give it a whirl and then buy it digitally or whatever?

Avatar image for DJRyuuji_Fury17
DJRyuuji_Fury17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 DJRyuuji_Fury17
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Just got Bakugan: Defenders of the core for Xbox 360. Budget title but very great game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Garfield360UK said:

@davillain-:

I have not got super far, but I think it is enjoyable and over looked often. The mechanics tend to get better over time and I started to learn how to wall run which changed the game for me as moving around was a lot faster and also just feels cool. I get what your saying about the story and the over the top nature of the characters and from what I have played/seen of the game that remains. But I enjoyed what I have played so far and with the price cut maybe it is a good time to get into it as more people will be online given its had a price cut?

I also like the free updates with achievements added for doing certain tasks (like the Valentines Day update with the high scoring achievement for finding all the developers daughters art in the game, easy enough to do but nice in terms of the father/daughter relationship and also for that big achievement).

Personally I would say go for it, but if you dislike the humour and know of other games you want instead, maybe wait? Do you have any friends you could borrow the game off for a couple of days to give it a whirl and then buy it digitally or whatever?

Thanks for the answer. If it's around $20 on sale, I'll pick it up.

Avatar image for goldenagegaming
GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 GoldenAgeGaming
Member since 2015 • 139 Posts

I Just bought a Black Ops 1 Zombie Map, and A few more games Test Drive on the original Xbox and some other games i can't think of

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleSpectre

@goldenagegaming said:

I Just bought a Black Ops 1 Zombie Map, and A few more games Test Drive on the original Xbox and some other games i can't think of

Loved Test Drive, nice pick ups.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 garfield360uk

I do remember Test Drive Unlimited on its release, that was pretty cool driving around a big island and seeing other players. I like how that concept seems to have made it in to far more games in recent years (like Forza Horizon).

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

I finally got Mass Effect 2 xD

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre

@nikkycat: Have you played the first or third game yet? I suggest starting from the first and working your way up, the way the story unfolds between the games and the relationships you build with the characters in the game are awesome in my opinion. Mass Effect 2 is one of my favourite games of all time (loved it the most out of all 3).

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nikkycat

Yup I played the first. Onwards to ME2!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

So does anyone likes the new name, Xbox Association? GS could have call it better then Xbox Association. Xbox Nation would be nice.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre

@davillain- said:

So does anyone likes the new name, Xbox Association? GS could have call it better then Xbox Association. Xbox Nation would be nice.

But then it'd be too similar to PlayStation Nation.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Just picked up Wolfenstein The Old Blood I'm super pumped to play this game but i cant play it until i finish The New Order.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@BattleSpectre: Yeah but still, GS could come up with a better name then Associations, it just feels wrong somehow.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

Just picked up Wolfenstein The Old Blood I'm super pumped to play this game but i cant play it until i finish The New Order.

Tell me what you think, and yeah man you've still got a lot of games to finish judging by your sig.

@davillain- said:

@BattleSpectre: Yeah but still, GS could come up with a better name then Associations, it just feels wrong somehow.

Hmm, believe me as far as I know the mods had no say in it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sukraj

@BattleSpectre: It will be a while before I get round to playing The Old Blood lol I just have so many other games that I need to play at the moment but once I do get round to playing it i'll let you know what I think about the game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BattleSpectre

@sukraj: That'd be sweet, I really enjoyed The New Order so perhaps it'd be wise I also bought Old Blood as I've seen some gameplay and it looks good.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nikkycat

Was Wolfenstien Old Blood released physically?

I remember hearing it was digital, then it would have physical releases, but I don't see it anywhere.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BattleSpectre

@nikkycat: Yep, here in Australia our Gamestop is called EB games (same company) and they have the physical copy of The Old Blood for sale, it retails for $39.95.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nikkycat

I wanna visit Australia... sorry random xD. I don't know if we got a retail copy here in the States.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BattleSpectre

@nikkycat: Heh, I think everyone owes it to themselves to visit Australia at least once or twice in their lifetime. It's a very beautiful country and quite peaceful (we also don't have a lot of natural disasters compared to other places, the main ones here are floods and bushfires in the outback regions mostly as it gets pretty hot in summer). Also don't believe everyone who says "Oh no, Australia is so dangerous! So many things can eat you up or swallow you". That's just people that watch too much TV, lol.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sukraj

@BattleSpectre: I'm sure if you loved New Order you will enjoy The Old Blood the gameplay for both games are very similar.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BattleSpectre

@sukraj: Any specific game you're currently playing out of all of them bro? I was thinking of Assassins Creed Unity as I need something to play that I haven't already finished, besides The Old Blood (which I'm still considering) have you played enough of Unity to share your opinions?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sukraj

@BattleSpectre: I've only played the first 3 hours of AC Unity and then I got bored with the game so I decided to traded it in bro. I've never played an assassin creed game before so coming into Unity I was kind of overwhelmed because there's so much to see and do in the game and the other reason I stopped playing it is because I have a ton of other games that I really want to spend a lot of time with and I couldn't devote enough time into AC Unity.

If you like these type of games and you can pick it up real cheap now I would defintly consider buying the game I just wish I never bought the game at full price oh well these things happen.

Right now I'm playing both Wolfenstein games and very soon I will be playing the Witcher 3 but I got other games that I really want to play for example FC4 and Metro Redux I've hardly touched those games and it's just a matter of finding enough time to play all of these awesome games bro.

How about you what are you playing at the moment?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BattleSpectre

@sukraj: Thanks for the response man, appreciate it. Yeah look I get what you mean, I've never been the biggest Assassins Creed fan myself and I haven't played much of them (didn't enjoy Black Flag at all) and Unity was getting mixed reviews so I was hesitant. As for you finishing off some games I highly recommend you get into Metro Redux (if you've never finished them before) they are great games I really enjoyed them. Ooo, Far Cry 4 is another game I need to consider. The reason I haven't bought these games yet is because living in Australia is really expensive and these games come out costing around $79-110 depending where you shop at and that's a lot of money to spend on a game, especially if it's short and you can beat it fairly quickly.

As for me, I'm currently playing Mortal Kombat and I'm liking it so far, even though I'm not the biggest fighting game fan I always make an exception for MK as it's badass to the bone (really love the story modes). Other then that I've finished everything I've bought, I've made a rule where I need to finish the game before I buy another one so that way I shouldn't have a huge backlog like last gen lol. Enjoy the Wolfenstein games, and I bet The Witcher 3 will keep you even busier ;].

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nikkycat

I got Forza Horizon 2 to play at my friends house. The game brags about its driveatar things. At the start of my first race, one of my friend's driveatar things barely moved, and the guy behind him SLAMMED into him. this all happened with the first 3 seconds.

Well then. xD

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BattleSpectre

@nikkycat: Haha, yeah I wouldn't bank on the driveatar system.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nikkycat

@BattleSpectre:

It's hilarious!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sukraj

Just started playing Dying Light even though I've had it since it was released I never played too much of the game so I'm playing that right now as well as Far Cry 4.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

I got to say that Witcher 3 is really addicting with all it's side quest and so much more. Playing this on my Xbox One and I kinda stop playing it on my PC. I recommend picking this game up if your into RPG games, then this is for you.

Edit: I haven't had any problems with the Xbox One version and it runs okay but I got it on Disk, not digital.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Got Saints Row Re-elected + Gat out of Hell for $19 on Sunday, and Batman Arkham Knight for $24 today.

:D

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BattleSpectre

Went to the midnight launch here in Australia for Batman: Arkham Knight. I traded in my original PS4 (EB Games had an awesome trade-in deal) and got myself the limited edition Arkham Knight PS4 console but it's still boxed up as I haven't had time to open it up yet haha. Was a really fun experience and my first midnight launch that I've attended, but certainly not the last.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Got an Xbox One, 2 wireless controllers, AC Unity and ACIV, the Witcher 3, and 3 months of Live Gold for $349 shipped at Amazon.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BattleSpectre

@david61983 said:

Got an Xbox One, 2 wireless controllers, AC Unity and ACIV, the Witcher 3, and 3 months of Live Gold for $349 shipped at Amazon.

Nice loot David, banging price too.

asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts

Finally got LA Noire Complete Edition. Now I just need to find time to play it. :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@BattleSpectre: Have you had any problems with Arkham Knight like no bugs at all?

Sanch5375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sanch5375
Member since 2015 • 36 Posts
@asmodeus_z said:

Finally got LA Noire Complete Edition. Now I just need to find time to play it. :)

great, game gets very repetitive though. I got pretty far into it and had to stop for a bit.

I just bought Assassins Creed Unity.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Lets see, recent purchase was the Witcher: Wild Hunt (which doesn't seem to end, soooo much content it's honestly starting to make me feel tired at times) and Batman: Arkham Knight which I tried for about an hour. Pretty good overall.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BattleSpectre

@davillain- said:

@BattleSpectre: Have you had any problems with Arkham Knight like no bugs at all?

No bugs or glitches so far and I've been playing for 10 hours, playing on the PS4 version. From what I've heard the PC version is the one with the most problems. .