POLL: HD-DVD Vs. Blue-Ray...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 lokiisback
Member since 2004 • 575 Posts
As most of you have heard, Toshiba has stoped all production of HD-DVD's and HD-DVD Players and accesories... Those of you who havn't heard, now you have... So what does this mean? BLUE-RAY ONE, OF COURSE!... My poll is to see who saw this coming... I personally didn't think Blue-Ray would win... HD-DVD was selling more for a while, and not until recently did Blue-Ray start doing better... How does 2 months of doing better put Toshiba out of the race?... This, of course, happens less than one month after I buy an HD-DVD Player, and I'm VERY dissapointed... What are you're guys thoughts? Did you see this coming?... The results are going to be a little bit bias, as this is the X-Box 360 forum board, but I still want to see the numbers... Also, now that Blue-Ray is the only producer of HD Video Discs, do you think that this will effect PS3 sales? I think it will... This could hurt Microsoft a bit, in my opinion.........
digxxbitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 digxxbitty
Member since 2006 • 457 Posts
i knew from the beginning that the technology was so much better.
Deccamann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Deccamann
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts

WOW... That post was a Grammar Nightmare:question:

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
one of my biggest pet peeves in the last year is people saying "blue ray" when it should be blu. and I don't even own a player, it just annoys the hell out of me.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Format wars don't belong on the console boards. Thanks.
Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
I don't care who wins. I still buy HD-DVDs even though its trailing behind Blu-Ray
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Discussion and comparison of the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray race should go in Audio / Video Hardware Discussion. Feel free to post this there, but keep discussion on the console boards solely to discussion regarding HD-DVD/Blu-Ray playback as a console feature, not in terms of market share and whatnot.

Thanks. :)