PLEASE HELP!!! question involving XBOX Live Account

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickensoup911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chickensoup911
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts

Okay, so my family is technologically impaired. Anything with technology and we can't use it, we're just too stupid. So now I got XBOX Live, I knew that I would have so many problems with it and here it is. Okay, so I made a NEW gamertag for Xbox Live that meant that all my months of getting all those achivements and gamerscore are gone because of my new gamertag. So I went off and changed my username and everything on my gamertag thats not on livee WHICH HAS MY GAMERSCORE and tried to make an Xbox Live account with that BUT MY HOTMAIL ADRESS IS IN USE BECAUSE OF MY OTHER ACCOUNT.

So, I want to know how do I get my other gamertag that does have LIVE and get make it not be LIVE anymore so that I can use my hotmail adress so I can get LIVE for my gamertag which does have all those gamerscoers and achievements???

If it's a phone number that I must call PLEASE tell me it in numbers as my phone keys have been scratched off and I can't see the letters. So instead of 04XBOXLIVE tell me 0498393491 etc.

HUGE MASSIVE INCREDIBLE REVOLUTIONARY THANKS TO WHOEVER HELPS ME!

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
you cant move achivements from one account to another its not possible. you will have to recover the account that dont have the achievements and carry on using that. do u have any gold time left on the old account that dont have the achievements. if not then goto hotmail.com make a new email address just for this account. then sign the offline account with the score upto live, pick silver access (twice) then u get a 1 month gold and that account is now online. but u cannot merge gamertags together to keep achievements or move them to other accounts. and theys no phone number microsoft dont allow it because it wud leave easy holes for exploits for people to get unearned achievements, wud make copying achievements alot easier so its not allowed
Avatar image for dirty_mexican99
dirty_mexican99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dirty_mexican99
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
You have to make a new email. Then you go to join Xbox Live on the account that has the achievment points. When you have done all the crap over again your Xbox Live account will have 1 month free, with all of the achievments.:D
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

You have to make a new email. Then you go to join Xbox Live on the account that has the achievment points. When you have done all the crap over again your Xbox Live account will have 1 month free, with all of the achievments.:Ddirty_mexican99

There we go.

Chickensoup911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chickensoup911
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts

I can't access my Xbox right now but there's no reason why that shouldn't work. Anyway time for the real reason I'm writing this.

Thanks heaps! I know it probably seemed really obvious what to do for you guys but I always need help with everyone that's electric. I remember first getting MSN and had like 10 friends coming over to help me install it and stuff because I had NO idea.

Anyway, THANKS!

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
Why not keep using your old gamertag? People make a new one usually to get either a new name or a new email adres. You want to keep the old email so dont you like your gamertag name? If not you can change this, it only costs you microosft points once its an online account.
linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
just keep your old gamertag.
Groudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Groudy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm having a similar problem. So I didn't have internet the first time I got my 360 about 8 months ago and now I have it. So I'm trying to make my offline account now a online account (Live).I turn it on I'm already signed in and I hit the xbox button and go to Join Xbox Live. I do everyting and when I get to the finally step of it creating it and sending it to xbox live I get a error message. Something along the lines of cannot perform this at this time check xbox support and gives its email address and the gives the error code 80169C5F. I'm pretty sure its a zero but maybe it was an O. Anyone else have this problem? I really dont want to replay 8 months worth of gaming. Thanks