Please help me with a boss fight in Lost Odyssey

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

Im stuck in a boss fight in LO with that snake like thing called Bogimoray on disc one and I need help

The guide tells me to use Jansens Aqua spell to kill it but the problem is that I dont have it

Im level 16 btw

Help because Im a first time JRPG player

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dilan120
bump
PyritePedestal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PyritePedestal
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
I just started Lost Odyssey, and I saw my friend fight this guy. Get ready because another giant snake comes out AFTER you kill that one. I suggest just going and training ALOT more. That always helps me. but yeah. Your almost done with the 1st disc.
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Try getting up to level 17. I think I normally used the earth spell against it. Try to make sure he only has 2 bugs at a time. If you do it well, the first one won't be able to use para-flare on you. The second one however....that one is just luck. Keep trying. It took me about 9 attempts.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
and you have another fight not long after the snakes too, you get time to heal in between though thankfully. Aqua would def make it much easier, so you may want to look up where it is and see if you can backtrack there. make some aqua rings if you have the material to do so, and put it on whoever is stronger in your praty between seth and kaim. hope that helps.
Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dilan120

How can I get the aqua power?

Anyone know?

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

Anyone know?

Dilan120

you'd have to backtrack a bit. It's in a chest back at the mine part where you climb up and down the ladders. It's all the way on the left up on a ledge if memory serves me.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dilan120
[QUOTE="Dilan120"]

Anyone know?

brianpoetzel

you'd have to backtrack a bit. It's in a chest back at the mine part where you climb up and down the ladders. It's all the way on the left up on a ledge if memory serves me.

Are you sure?

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gen-Gawl
[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"][QUOTE="Dilan120"]

Anyone know?

Dilan120

Are you sure?

positive

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xdsk
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

You also want to grind until you can equip the anti-paralysis skill on both your immortals,then hand it off to Jansen. The item with anti-paralysis is the yellow band if memory serves.

DrkRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrkRaptor
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts
when taking on the boss, have kaim and seth focus on the little bugs while jansen focuses on the boss. equip seth or kaim with i think it was the fire ring, and then give another if you wish another fire ring or a bio ring (i believe bio was for organic enemies). i believe i at first took down the little guys until there was two left, then i kept jansen on the boss while kaim and seth kept the little guys at bay. did that on my second shot after i found out what the order was in that fight =) GL!
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
You'll definitely want the Aqua spell. It makes this fight easier and besides that it's just good to have in general. Run around the areas before the boss and fight enemies until Kaim and Seth have learned Anti-Paralysis from the Yellow Band and then give it to Jansen. Don't forget to put Anti-Paralysis into one of their skill slots! Equip Aqua rings on Kaim and Seth and have them attack the worms. Have Jansen cast Aqua spells. Ignore the bugs, focus on the worms. Worked for me anyway.
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
This is how I beat it. IF I remember correctly. It is weak to water so.... First off make sure your guys are around like lvl 17. Second make sure you have some sort of anti-paralysis equipped. I think by this time you should have a ring or something to help with that. Lastly Buy ALOT of Aqua bombs. I'm talking like 50 if you got the cash and just use them repeatedly on the snake. Don't even worry about the freakin' crab things or w/e. Just keep chucking the bombs and healing every so often you'll eventually win.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gen-Gawl

You'll definitely want the Aqua spell. It makes this fight easier and besides that it's just good to have in general. Run around the areas before the boss and fight enemies until Kaim and Seth have learned Anti-Paralysis from the Yellow Band and then give it to Jansen. Don't forget to put Anti-Paralysis into one of their skill slots! Equip Aqua rings on Kaim and Seth and have them attack the worms. Have Jansen cast Aqua spells. Ignore the bugs, focus on the worms. Worked for me anyway.Bane_v2

I knocked out a couple of bugs first so the worm couldn't fill his power meter as fast. That helped me a lot. I didn't kill all the bugs, just two or three are enough to stunt his power bar.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dilan120

Im still on the boss

Im thinking about returning the game because its sooo frustrating

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
I beat them on my third try and I just figured out I was using the wrong spell. If I can beat the dang thing using flare (so much for paying attention to the readout :P ), surely it won't take too many tries to beat it with Aqua...
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

Im still on the boss

Im thinking about returning the game because its sooo frustrating

Dilan120

Yeah, it is a pretty challenging fight for so early in the game. I spent better part of a day on this fight alone. A lot of it has to do with luck. Especially if the bugs start spamming force. I just kept plugging away until, honestly, I got lucky. Ended up killing the secod big with Kaim's sword with only 35HP left! Talk about close.