Playing Xbox 360 on Computer monitors

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buffyguy27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 buffyguy27
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
i have an xbox 360 and i am playing it on a somewhat old tv. Do you think i would a higher quality picture on a new monitor? and what do i have to do to set it up? is it hard to set up?
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#2 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

probably you'd need a VGA cable and possibly speakers if the monitor didn't have built in speakers. If it did have built in speakers you'd need an adapter. To be quite honest, it would be A LOT easier just getting a 19" LCD HDTV. They cost about the same to quality brand PC monitors and most of them can be used as PC monitors as well. It's easier since you can just use your component cable and don't have to deal with getting a new cable.

buffyguy27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 buffyguy27
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

alright ill think about it, thanks

connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 connor1989
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
i garentee you it would cost less for you to buy a pc monitor...thats what i'm doing....on ebuyer i have found a 19" for £112 with the perfect aspect ratio and a vga port with built in speakers!!! this costs alot less than a HDTV and will have the same quality because as everyone knows monitors have been high definition for years and if u get the rite aspect ratio u can get the maximum potential from the xbox. go to ign because they have an article on using monitors for the 360, it will help u out alot and make u realise how much money u can save while still have amazing quality that will be exactly the same as hdtv quality