Play Xbox 360 with mouse and keyboard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yosi188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yosi188
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts
Yeh.... ive been wondering can u play xbox 360 games with a USB mouse and keyborad or is there games comming out that u can do it with? Because the ps3 will be able to do thatwith UT2007and i think they can vs ppl on PC. PLZ TELL ME XBOX CAN DO THIS TOO OH SWEET JEBUS :o
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
From my point of view, I do not think you can play games with keyboard and mouse on the 360. Although you can use the keyboard to send messages by plugging it to the USB port on your 360 instead of button mashing each word using your controller.
short_marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 short_marine
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Well first off you can buy XFPS which is adapter that lets you connect your PS controller, Mouse and Keybooard. But i have news for you the mouse has really feels werid o.O, but the PS controller is great also the keyboard is great customizing basiclly any key. Heres a link of XFPS being tested : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqDHmM8a0Eg

Lord_Syll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Lord_Syll
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

Well first off you can buy XFPS which is adapter that lets you connect your PS controller, Mouse and Keybooard. But i have news for you the mouse has really feels werid o.O, but the PS controller is great also the keyboard is great customizing basiclly any key. Heres a link of XFPS being tested : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqDHmM8a0Eg

short_marine

Y would u play with a ps controller? itz too small and the arrow key hurts ur thumb after a while ... the 360 controller is way more comfortablein size, shape, andthe thumb stick with the caved-in thumb press ... and itz wireless ... wut ever i guess wouldnt make sence for ALL humans to b logical ....

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

short_marine

This is true and anyone trying to say otherwise is just mad and jelouse of the people wanting to use M/K. Both controller and M/K are very usefull tools.

dronwarwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dronwarwick
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
does that xfps allow for your xbox live headset
sumoman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sumoman25
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
This is how it works, you plug the xfps into your 360 using a usb port, no problem. you connect your wired controller to the xfps's first usb port. Then you choose mouse + keybaord or ps2 controller, plug either choice in. Turn on the 360 from the controller (hold down xbox button) and you need to map your stuff and all that but since your using a wireless controller to connect it to it, and you are running it through the xfps, if your wireless controller were to be sitting close to you, you could use your mic. If you have wireless mic you could definetly use it.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I wish they made the split fish frag fx for 360.
Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts
you cant. sorry. If it was simply that easy to get the accuracy of a mouse, no one would use a joystick on the 360. The "mouse" only emulates tilt direction so youd have to move the mouse to the original position to stop the tilt speed. Its not just aiming.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
if you want mouse and keyboard so badly use your PC the 360 is designed for controller use for a reason
adameiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adameiu
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
is that adapter legal for xbox live or will i get banned for using it because i might buy one
nonknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nonknown
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
Well not all game are released on pc yet E.g. Halo 3 Halo Reach
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
I think there was some kind of adapter for this but I'm not really sure
SelfieDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SelfieDK
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts
Its just not right to play with M/K on the 360.. It totally unbalances the console gaming experience..
crex1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crex1111
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I don't think you can play with a mouse and keyboard.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I don't think you can play with a mouse and keyboard.crex1111

You can with 'Max Shooter' below,It actually work quite well once you fiddle with the sensitivity.

max

Zertax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zertax
You can also use the XIM3; http://xim3.com/?page_id=182 And no, you really can not be banned, if you think, FF online was playable with a mouse and keyboard by just plugging it into the USB ports, I am thinking of buying once myself. Hope this helps. JonJon.
stepheng77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stepheng77
I wish they made the split fish frag fx for 360. donalbane
"Splitfish is bringing their FragFX powerhouse to the Xbox 360 arena in August of 2011" http://www.thecrimsoncrow.com/2011/05/splitfish-fragfx-shark-for-xbox-360-looks-promising/ I cannot wait for Halo with the Shark!!!
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
why the hell would you want to? point and click gaming sucks so hard