Play games from Disc or Hard Drive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zarkon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 zarkon9
Member since 2010 • 767 Posts

yesterday afternoon i was playing doom on a demo disc i bought with an issue of oxm last yearand i thought is itpossible toburn the game to a disc, downloaded from xbox live, then send it to me through thepost? i haven't played the full version ofdoom in over a decade. how does one go about doing such a thing?

i also played sonic the hedgehog 2 and street fighter 2. those other two games i would also like to play from a disc or from the hard drive.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Are you talking about downloading the game from live and putting it onto a disc? If so, you can't. You can only play downloaded games off of the HDD.

zarkon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 zarkon9
Member since 2010 • 767 Posts

okay then. i thought there could be some way to play the full version of doom. i am not connected to live.

gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts

Doom is an xbox live arcade game. Once you pay for it with microsoft points you can download it as many times as you want on the gamertag with which it was purchased, but it only gets downloaded to you're harddrive. If you end up getting a new drive, I believe you can just download it again for free after you recover your gamertag onto the new hardrive.

But yeah without an internet connection you're SOL.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
If you want to play the full version of Doom, you have to buy the full version with MS points using your personal XBL account. You purchase MS points with real money from your bank account or credit card. These games can only be played from your hard drive.
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

if its halo always because im on it so much..........plus halo games heat up the console alot....

gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts

if its halo always because im on it so much..........plus halo games heat up the console alot....

adamlovesu
Yeah same here. I dunno why but it sounds like the disc drive on my system is working SO hard to read the disc. I've made sure it's not warped or scratched or anything. I ended up just installing it onto the harddrive, and now it runs smooth and quiet.