Phil Spencer: the new Rare game is unmistakably Rare

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft's Xbox Division, recently paid a visit to Rare studies to test their new title. Spencer, after trying to phone the new project of software house, wanted to share his first impressions on the game via Twitter:

"the new Rare game is unmistakably Rare style, excellent experience visiting the studios of this development team".

It could be the Battletoads, brand that Microsoft recently settled?

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

I'm hoping for a new full game. Would be extremely happy with a new conker but my guess is classic battletoads which is still good

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

I have a feeling it will be Battletoads. The Battletoads games were fun but the difficulty was insane. I never could beat them.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Rare is basically been filled up with new devs over the years as they shed original talent left and right in the quest to become a Kinect Studio, but I'm intrigued at the prospect of seeing what new RARE can do with old RARE legacy franchises. I'm not excited though, since too many shakeups have gone down at RARE (I'm very familiar with RARE's history which I cut short in this post), but my interest is certainly piqued.

Battletoads is the rumor of a few days ago, btw, so it could be that.