PGR4 WoW factor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pixelgen
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts

Just played the demo on Live, WoW. The game looks amazing, truly stunny. I'm not a big fan of racing games but there have been a few gems hitting 360 at mo. Such as Dirt and now PGR4. From weather to the citys lights of tokyo, this game is just as good as Gran turismo.

Big up the brit, there kings a creating amazing driving games8)

PlaTiNuM24k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 PlaTiNuM24k
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts
yeah its awesome stuff, I have been burning it up the past couple of days since I can't get live to work at the college i;m at. but yeah, I thiught pgr 3 was good, they just upped the ante even more
ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
Theres a demo? :shock:

Be right back people :D lol
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

Just played the demo on Live, WoW. The game looks amazing, truly stunny. I'm not a big fan of racing games but there have been a few gems hitting 360 at mo. Such as Dirt and now PGR4. From weather to the citys lights of tokyo, this game is just as good as Gran turismo.

Big up the brit, there kings a creating amazing driving games8)

Pixelgen

I'm getting this game friday. I've played and enjoyed every PGR game and from the demo this feels like it's going to be as much fun as all its predecessors

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Although Forza's generally more my type of game, I think I may pick this one up as well. Definitely a good looking game... and sometimes I just want that arcade style of racing.

Forza definitely needs to read from these guys' book though... firstly, weather effects are frickin' AWESOME. Secondly, they've got the DeLorean (and the coolest achievement EVER associated with it).

FROM WIKIPEDIA: The most prominent addition to PGR4 is that of advanced weather effects in the game which not only affect the visual feel of the game, but also the physics of the cars on the track. The weather is able to change dynamically from sun to rain to snow and then hail all within a single race. If logged on to Xbox Live, weather from The Weather Channel will be downloaded, allowing users to set in-game conditions to mirror current weather conditions in the respective cities.

THAT IS THE COOLEST!

And I'm just reading now that the game includes the Cadillac 16 concept car, which means I'll be buying this ASAP. Coolest concept car EVER.

Kounterfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kounterfit
Member since 2005 • 1230 Posts
i really have been enjoying pgr4 so far. its definatly a nice change of pace from playing forza 2 for the past few months. :)
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
My main complaint with PGR3 was the exclusion of slower cars, limmited number of cities and tracks that were flat and filled with loooooong straights going into 90 degree turns. The courses had no character, PGR4 seems to address all that from what I know and it looks freaking great.
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
PGR4 is awesome!!!! I noticed in the demo though that the clouds don't move. Is it this way in the full version?
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

Yeah, It wowed me too. Looks great. The cars drive much better than the bikes, though, IMO. Im sure bikes are harder to drive though, so maybe that is somewhat realistic and its just a simple learning curve between the two. But having the bikes is a very neat option.

I thought it played great and looks wonderful. Definitely met my expactations and surpassed them!!!

Rivent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rivent
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The PGR series did seem pretty boring at times but it is probably the most realistic racing game there is, but why the hell did they stick motorbikes on it! Just seems like a weak attempt to get more sales from squeaky little kids to me. The day I get beat in a Lamborghini by a stupid biker is the day I die.
Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pixelgen

I love heavy rain, and the puddles that slow you down when you hit them. It feels so real...

Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pixelgen

The bikes feel to heavy, but I guess there like that for balance...

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

The PGR series did seem pretty boring at times but it is probably the most realistic racing game there is, but why the hell did they stick motorbikes on it! Just seems like a weak attempt to get more sales from squeaky little kids to me. The day I get beat in a Lamborghini by a stupid biker is the day I die.Rivent

I've been playing the game for 3 days now and thought the same thing at 1st. I finally gave bikes a try last night and absolutely love em. It's cool having a car fly by you on a long straightaway only to blow by them on corners. They are very well balanced

Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts
I dunno, the demo didn't have that WOW factor for me. Plus I found it awkward playing the game using the official 360 steering wheel. Made it a lot more difficult than using the pad. Anyone else noticed this?
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

The PGR series did seem pretty boring at times but it is probably the most realistic racing game there is, but why the hell did they stick motorbikes on it! Just seems like a weak attempt to get more sales from squeaky little kids to me. The day I get beat in a Lamborghini by a stupid biker is the day I die.Rivent

Did you just say PGR is realistic? Somewhat, maybe. But its not the most realistic racer out there. To me, its has a more arcade feel, but they do a good job not to go overboard with it (like a Ridge Racer and such). Maybe its just the kudos system and having to do all of that. As for the bikes, I could see a bike beating a Lambo in real life, depending on the course. More agile, faster acceleration, faster in the quater mile, and top speeds on the high end bikes of 200+.

My favorite thing to do in PGR4 though...hite the bikes and take them out. LOL

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I dunno, the demo didn't have that WOW factor for me. Plus I found it awkward playing the game using the official 360 steering wheel. Made it a lot more difficult than using the pad. Anyone else noticed this?Jam_FDUK

Actually yes. It's funny. The game just "feels" more responsive with the controller instead of the wheel. Conceptually, you'd think it was the other way around.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
hopefully getting mine on friday cant wait
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I loved the demo of PGR4, and hope to pick it up soon.

Gettin' this instead of the Orange Box everyone seems to be raving about....

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

it's great upgrade from PGR3, but i'm skipping this one. I'm waiting for a good arcade racer.. burnout or NFS..

PGR4 is great but too much like PGR3 in gameplay. it feels like you ar eplaying the same game with better looking graphics.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i didn't know there was a demo out...i'm thinking about getting this game 18th
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
it was funny i started downloading the demo the other day.... my roomate and i went shopping for groceries.... stopped buy blockbuster and i had a 25 or so credit there... so i bought PGR4 for like 40 bucks, got home...... the demo wasn't even halfway done haha