Peter Molyneux Criticizes Fable 2 - "Theres Low Spots In Fable 2"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rynair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Rynair9
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=6171.

Rynair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Rynair9
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
Peter knows his game is a masterpiece and doesnt care its not a GS 10.0, I would rather spend hours exploring and questing Oct 21, than wait another 4 months to get the lip-sync perfect.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I liked the first one and it had a lot of problems. So i'm sure ill be happy with this.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wow, I'd say that's bush league but that's insulting bush league

Matching the voices up with the movements isn't "unnecessary" polish. It's one of the main things. The scenes tell a story and you want it to play out like a movie that's dubbed correctly.

Wow, what a smack in the face to buyers.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

Still can't wait for this game. Lionhead are ace devs. The regional accents alone are reson to buy the game.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Matching the voices up with the movements isn't "unnecessary" polish. It's one of the main things. The scenes tell a story and you want it to play out like a movie that's dubbed correctly.

Jaysonguy

I agree. I just got done with Infinite Undiscovery, I've never cared more about good lip-sync than I now do.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Legolas_Katarn

I agree. I just got done with Infinite Undiscovery, I've never cared more about good lip-sync than I now do.

Yeah IU's lip syncing was never localized obviously, but since this game is made in an english speaking culture I would expect that this would be a non-issue, and if the sync is bad then it is a poor reflection on the "masterpiece" that he states this game will be.

Granted I understand that the gameplay is the major factor, but if you are going to self-hype a game, better make the easily noticed parts perfect.

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
I doubt the lip syncing is that bad. What I'm more worried about is the dog AI.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I know every game will have their strengths and flaws. Even though games like Bioshock and MGS4 were masterpieces, even those games had some flaws. I kind of figured Fable 2 would have some flaws to it, but I know I'll be getting a lot out of Fable 2. The lip-sync would probably drive me nuts (because i'm the kind of person that can't help but notice it). However, I'd rather not delay it X amount of months just to fix it. I'm looking forward to the game, and I still can't wait for it.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
Not a huge deal for me (although I'll be bothered a bit) about the lip-syncing issues. Ever since I played Oblivion, which synced amazingly and had incredible facial animation, I've had high standards. Oh well, hopefully other parts of the game make up for it.
ZeRoIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZeRoIV
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

In every game there is errors, sooo I dont mind at least i will have the game ;)

hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

Does no one find it refreshing that a dev is being honest besides me and not blowing smoke up the consumers ***.

You knew it would have faults or minor hiccups cause every game ever made does. If thats all the problems with eveything thats going on in this world great. Just give me my copy and im happy.

-General_Ram-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -General_Ram-
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts

Its good hes finally being honest then overhyping like he did with fable 1.

this is a good move.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Does no one find it refreshing that a dev is being honest besides me and not blowing smoke up the consumers ***.

You knew it would have faults or minor hiccups cause every game ever made does. If thats all the problems with eveything thats going on in this world great. Just give me my copy and im happy.

hellshemi

This is an extremely smart thing to do from a developers standpoint. Think about it, if the dev talks about flaws before the game releases, then reviewers already expect these flaws within it -- likely not being as harsh when critiquing. Obviously, it keeps hype constant (and not inflated) as well ... with other benefits.

He's not being modest -- he's simply being smart.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
What are "low spots"?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#16 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
it's pretty cool that he's admitting to the faults in the game. but as long as they aren't TOO major, I'm really gonna enjoy it! and he DOES have BRASS BALLS for admitting this. mmhmm.
hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
[QUOTE="hellshemi"]

Aaron89

This is an extremely smart thing to do from a developers standpoint. Think about it, if the dev talks about flaws before the game releases, then reviewers already expect these flaws within it -- likely not being as harsh when critiquing. Obviously, it keeps hype constant (and not inflated) as well ... with other benefits.

He's not being modest -- he's simply being smart.

Also if the problems were that bad or game breaking then they would most definetley delay the game. So I really don't forsee them being that horrible. They may just seem that way to him cause its his "baby".
arthas242000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#18 arthas242000
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

What are "low spots"?MickeyTheNinja

A low spot in Fable 2 is when your character gets addicted to meth and begins turning tricks for a fix. That is a low point my friend!!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What are "low spots"?MickeyTheNinja

Just think of them as bad parts.

The parts of the game where you think "why didn't they take the time to fix that?"

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
He's a perfectionist, just like Hideo Kojima. This comes to no surprise, even Hideo critcized his own game.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Bad lip-syncing is a no no for me. I'm the type of person that will notice that right away and it will bother me to death..