Personality disorder green ring of light?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts

Hey guys, I was just playing some Amped 3 a couple of seconds ago, and noticed in the corner of my eye that my green ring of light seemed to be flickering. So I stared at it for a moment, and noticed that the portion that shows where the first controller is, would change from that section of the ring, to the section where the second controller should be. So to sum it up, I had no other controllers being turned on, quadrant 1 would immediatley swap over to quadrant 2, and after a few seconds, go back to quadrant 1.

Anyone else ever had this happen to them, or know what it means?

BIGKILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BIGKILLA
Member since 2003 • 795 Posts
It's happened to me before on the various 360s I've had. There's nothing really wrong with your 360 except for how annoying it can be when it switches repeatedly. I know how you feel though :(
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Haha yeah it is kind of annoying as it captures my attention. I turned my 360 off and havent turned it back on because I got caught up browsing forums, but I'll see if it's still happening later. Well, thanks alot!
tenczas9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 tenczas9
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts

The blinking green light is not distracting. The true gamer must learn to master his environment and be able to accept a sudden change. He must be one with his controller and his console. He must beleieve in himself and his ability to game. A simple flickering green light shall not destroy the true gamers power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SketchyGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SketchyGalore
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I think I had the same problem and I have a pretty good idea of what causes it. The 360 knows if it's lying flat or on its side, and the lights rotate to reflect which position it's in. The blinking light is caused by the 360 getting confused about what side it's on. Mine is usually on its side, so I turned it flat, then turned it back. I haven't seen the same problem since.