People just like GeOW because of all the gore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
I really can't see what's so special about this game. The community online completely sucks. Last 5 games I've joined have had a 13-15 year old in it screaming whenever he died. The online game modes are the most unoriginal things ever. A monkey could come up with better game modes. Everyone in a game just rushes to the sniper and if they don't get it, they throw a fit. The machine gun is way under-powered. Last but not least the game is based on using two weapons and two weapons only... The Sniper and the Shotgun. It's the only weapons I have ever been killed by.

I have come to the conclusion that people only like this game because of all the gore and that they finally get to use a chainsaw in a game.

I don't know the exact names of the weapons so yeah..

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
well the gore is a bonus actually. the gameplay is right on. made very well. and there nothing satisfying then watching a guy get ripped apart from ur shot gun, blind firing. :D

well also, makes u sound jsut like them, doesnt?. ur throwing a hissy fit at us man. so pelase think before u type the stuff. u sound just like the ppl u are explaining. if u find the game not for u or dont like the ppl playing it then only play it with friends. its as easy as that.
verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 verde622
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
I partially agree with you. I dont like the game only becuase of the gore, but I think it adds something to the game. I do think that the multiplayer is very flawed though
Avatar image for X360NowPS3Later
X360NowPS3Later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 X360NowPS3Later
Member since 2006 • 340 Posts
I somewhat agree with you on this one. Alot of games online can end up like that. That is why I only play with friends. And second of all, if you are looking for a great online experience, invite a good friend to do campaign with you, thats lots of fun. The last thing I want to say, is; Why do people say the story sucks in GoW???. This is one of the greatest stories I have played in some games. Why? It has a mysterious orgin, and makes you think to put the pieces together rether than feeding you the story of some depressing emo Japanese RPG.  And people, don't say you play the JRPG's for the story, BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THE SAME FRIGGIN GODDAMN STORY.

8)North American games rule.8)
madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
The gore is somewhat of a factor, I'm not gonna lie. I played without the extreme gore and it just wasnt as fun. But those 2 weapons arent anywhere near the only 2 used. It's prolly just the maps your playing on(Gridlock, Fuel Depot, maybe escalation?) Fuel depot does have a lot of focus on sniping but I think it's more Hammer based. And the reason people use the shotgun is because nothing beats it at close range and it's the best weapon u spawn with.
Nellynoway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Nellynoway
Member since 2005 • 1569 Posts
It's addicting... what more can i say?
killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
You suck at the game, get over it. The weapons are perfectly balanced. Don't expect to down anyone with one shot with the machine gun, that just doesn't work.
russian4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 russian4life
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
You suck at the game, get over it. The weapons are perfectly balanced. Don't expect to down anyone with one shot with the machine gun, that just doesn't work. killercuts3
i agree with you man if he cant play the game why does he anyways? hes stupid...and also the shotgun and the sniper arnt nearly the 2 only guns used in the game
Avatar image for abstractreality
abstractreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 abstractreality
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
You seem to just be focusing on the multiplayer, which I do think is very bad and boring.  But the game itself is amazing....visually, control wise, and pure fun.  Add that with the co-op and it is a recipe for pure excitement and fun.  I don't know what your beef is, but your post is pointless.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
It's addicting... what more can i say?Nellynoway
lol i agree how can the game suck? Even though the game has like 6 wepons they're still pretty good. And i dont think you finished the game because at the ends they use bows too not just shotguns, sniper rifles. They use different kind of weapons so stop saying bull if you dont like then just shut the **** up!
DuviousKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 DuviousKilla
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
i completely disagree that GOW is bad...just like any other game, you can't be good at it right away, but once you play it for a while, you'll see that there are lots of balances on the maps (grenade tags, pistol whips, etc)...give it a chance, and you'll like it...and every game has those whiny little kids in them, so you can't pin that just on gears
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkRider23

You suck at the game, get over it. The weapons are perfectly balanced. Don't expect to down anyone with one shot with the machine gun, that just doesn't work. killercuts3

First off, I never said I was good at the game. Second off, I never said I actually cared about being good at it. In everygame I have played I am perfectly capable of killing every opponent on their team 1 on 1 except for the one in a million pro guy that comes in. I never expected to down someone with one shot with the machine gun. I was just saying it is underpowered.
dboan2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dboan2222
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

your obviously new to the game and got frustrated getting killed all the time online so you just gave up on it. When you start getting better you'll realize that the lancer isn't a good gun up close and the whole strategy of online play is to rush the power weapons on the map to get the upper hand. (not just sniper, but torque bow, boomshot)

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I like Gears because it is so intense, and when you kill something it feels like your taking part in a really great quality action movie.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkRider23

your obviously new to the game and got frustrated getting killed all the time online so you just gave up on it. When you start getting better you'll realize that the lancer isn't a good gun up close and the whole strategy of online play is to rush the power weapons on the map to get the upper hand. (not just sniper, but torque bow, boomshot)

dboan2222

Nope, not frustrated. I've played my fair share of FPS/TPS and sucked completely at them. No matter how many times I died I just got back up and tried again. Getting killed is not what made me give up on it, I still haven't.

I'm still giving the chance. I'm going to be playing it until Sunday when I have to return it.
atron62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 atron62
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts
evey weapon in the game is good u just dont no how to use them, lol the lancer isnt underpowered u just suck lol u gotta no how and where to aim it lol. and i hardly ever take the sniper unless im bored and wanna practice with it or im only1 left on my team wen they hav a sniper. i like the multiplayer aswell but i only play with friends online and they boot ppl who are annoying lol. and i dont care bout the gore and this sint a lie the visuals are cool and all but it can get frustrating havin ur screen covered in blood wen ur fightin 3 ppl at once and on ur own lol.
PrebuiltKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 PrebuiltKiller
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
I can agree with you about the part that people scream everytime they get killed.But i dont agree with you on the part that people only like because of the gore because i dont i like the online play and the campaign.So i agree with you in the part of the screaming voices online but the other parts i dont and the game is just awesome.
ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts
Just because you personally suck at a game, doesn't mean that it isn't balanced or that the controls are not spot-on. The gore isn't central to the gameplay or the graphics, just the icing on the cake.
atron62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atron62
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]You suck at the game, get over it. The weapons are perfectly balanced. Don't expect to down anyone with one shot with the machine gun, that just doesn't work. DarkRider23

First off, I never said I was good at the game. Second off, I never said I actually cared about being good at it. In everygame I have played I am perfectly capable of killing every opponent on their team 1 on 1 except for the one in a million pro guy that comes in. I never expected to down someone with one shot with the machine gun. I was just saying it is underpowered.

lol face me 1on1 in gears

djincubus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djincubus
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well i have to disagree, gears is an amzing game from a technical and graphical stand point. There is not another game out like it. The gore is one of the things that make it fun, the game would be great even if it didnt have it to. I admit that it can get really stupid when people throw fits and just use the sniper and the shotgun they arnt that great to begin with(but still good in some parts) The lancer is underrated its the power house of the game and nothing comes close to it. Peopl just get upset cause they dont like losing, nobody does! If you want to read farther check out my blog peace.
SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 SilV3RSix
Member since 2002 • 1722 Posts
Would you rather run around knocking people out with water noodles?? Good luck with that.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

honestly,me buying gears of war had nothing to do with the gore....it had to do with that chainsaw at the end of the rifle.:)

marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts
A monkey could come up with better game modes.DarkRider23
"Find the bananas" is not an acceptable game mode.
Avatar image for M-e-t-h-o-d-206
M-e-t-h-o-d-206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 M-e-t-h-o-d-206
Member since 2006 • 1986 Posts
give me a friend request and i'll kill you with a pistol. not a sniper or machine gun
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I like the game... not perfect like some people think it is, but it's a decent shooter.

Not that much gore in it though... I mean, really... when was the last time you played a video game? 1990? They've been like this a while, man.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
no i thought the gameplay mechanics were great for a shooter, but i stopped playing the game because of the delay when you play online.
bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bigse63xy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
If you don't like it you can go to bump.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I get mad when I lose too, but I don't go this far.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
the gameplay and controls are almpst perfect... multiplayer left something to be desired, but the main game is amazingly fun. i've played through it 3 times by myself and a couple more in co-op. it's a awesome game, but i guess it's not for everyone.
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts
I played with the gore turned off, so there.