This topic is locked from further discussion.

ONS47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ONS47
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts

I just wanted to see what some of you think the future will hold for online games. My biggest concern is with MMOs like AoC comeing for the 360, do you guys think the 360 will hold its own against PCs.

Personally I dont buy anymore computer games because I dont have enough money to drop on better hardware every so often. Anyway I think the graphics are evenly matched but the pc can be improved while the xbox cant. Where do you all stand?

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
PCs have been and always will be a step ahead of consoels... But just like you, I don't want to drop the money on better hardware every couple of months.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
I buy whatever has the better games. That's why I have a PC and a 360. I might even buy a PS3.
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
The thing is that you have to have some serious $$$ to get a good PC... I'm talking close to the thousands. At most you only have to shell out $700 for a console...
phoenixrebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 phoenixrebirth
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts

well somewhat @ thousands. U can build a decent rig for like a g. But yea pcs will always be superior to consoles but im a gamer and I go where the games go. pc...360...ps3..wii...its watever. As long as the game is good i'm straight.

And to answer the thread a bit pc servers can hold more players at a time. I am extremely curious to see how the cross platform option MS is cooking up will pan out. This should be extremely interesting. Just dont like the fact they are dumbing down some of the functions for pc gamers so its a more even plain. Let the pc games use what they use and console gamer use what they use.

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
well shadowrun is gonna be cross platform and IGN said that the 360 version is alot better
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
PC is the best gaming platform but it is really expensive especially if you want all the good S**T but building you own helps alot I have a 360 but am going to build a rig either in august or early 2008 because it would be nice to have a new computer and the gaming is a plus.
asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts

I'm sticking to my xbox 360 console.

At least I do not have to worry about compability and performance issue. As long as the game matched the region code of my console, I can definitely run it! :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts
i used to play PC games alot... but its more relaxing just sitting on the lounge playing my 360 or wii. but i still play PC games...
bugtrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bugtrip
Member since 2004 • 1260 Posts
I play both, because both have their own pros and cons. It's like riding a bike and roller skating.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

I play both, because both have their own pros and cons. It's like riding a bike and roller skating.bugtrip

I agree and if you can upgrade a thing or two here and then to play a great game it is worth it.  Building a new rig every few years is not a bad idea either. 

monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#12 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
It's not that hard to find System Wars, you know?
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
consoles will win as PC parts just get more and more expensive and consoles remain cheap and become more and more like PCs
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

the pc is more open,  no one "owns" pc.  every console is owned by a company.  you can release what ever you want on a pc,  you can release what ever they want on a console.  with a pc it is 100% yours,  with consoles it is 50% yours,  but consoles used to be alot cheaper that pcs.  the console maker gets to decide what games they will allow,  for a price.  pcs are getting cheaper,  consoles are getting more expensive.  you dont have to upgrade all the time.  you will be able to run unreal tournament on a 6 year old card.  i'm betting that crysis will release a dx9 version,  after all it's an ea game and there have even been ds and mobile phone versions rumored.

i'm going to get back into pc gamming.  ms is making the forza 2 collectors edition avalible everysher except the usa,  to stop the other countries from complaining they dont get the movies and tv shows.  that wouldn't happen on the pc.  on pc multiplayer is free except mmorpg.  on the pc you can get mods and maps for games that you cant even buy on consoles.  there are over 800 mods and maps (quests) for oblivion on the pc,  for free.  on consoles there are less than 20  and they'll cost you more than the game did.  pc software is also cheaper since the developer/publisher dosn't have to pay console royalties.  how often do you have to buy a game?  every time you want a new one.  how often do you have to buy a new graphics card?  every 5 years to out preform a console,  about the life span of a console.  and on a pc while yyou dont have to upgrade,  you do have the option.  you dont get that option on a console.

a pc can do everything a console can,  and alot a console cant.  and in the end (software + hardware) the pc can do it for less money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0d077de4037
deactivated-5a0d077de4037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5a0d077de4037
Member since 2004 • 387 Posts
to actually refrence to the initial thread i think that pc's may have better hardware but with consoles its alot to do with how the games are made coz with pc's the games need to be made for some of the older machines whereas the consoles have the same hardware so the devs can focus on just that type of hardware
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

It's not that hard to find System Wars, you know?monco59

Yep, it's thatta' way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

goldenyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goldenyeti
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Well lets look at it this way. FF 11? is out for 360 and pc and they play together. So that basically solves that issue. The only thing is that u have the live network on a 360 that is FAR superior to any online multiplayer for pc. When i can pop on and see any of my friends playing anything makes if a far more outstanding experience than just slightly better graphics like direct x10 gives u. O and i know what direct x10 looks like and trust me it looks nice but i just dont feel the great amount of money and little better it makes it isnt substantial enough.