Owning both an Xbox One and a PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for recklessboy1224
Recklessboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Recklessboy1224
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I currently have a PS4, which my friends also use. However I am thinking about getting an Xbox one because the exclusives like Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Halo, Quantom Break, and Titanfall. However I am planning on getting all the sports games and destiny on PS4.....So what do you guys think of owning both? Is it worth it?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

If you can afford to buy one, I'd say...Yes. But only if there are enough games on the system that you want. That way, you'd probably feel like the console was worth the purchase.

Since those exclusives are not on PS4, that's one reason to buy another console.

Recklessboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Recklessboy1224

@pikachudude860: Yea that's true, thanks for the advice, what system do you own?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

There just isn't enough games on the PS4 that i want to play and on the other hand if u like all the exclusives on the xbox one then go for it especially now that its alot cheaper than before.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own Xbone, Wii U, PC, 3DS, Vita, and PS4. I still own my Wii, PS360s too of course.

I don't think it's worth it to own them all, but I saved up and waited so I was more eager for new machines and I always buy at launches.

It all depends on the exclusives, I think. With multiplatforms, the PS4 happens to be the most powerful next to PC (but I hate DRM) so I will buy majority of multiplats for PS4. That leaves exclusives.

To use your list for me: I don't like racing (which means no Mario Kart, Gran Turismo, NFS, and no Forza for me), I don't like DR games (I just can't stand them), Halo is cool but I'm only interested in Halo 5 which is next year since I own all the Halos, Quantum is cool and that's next year if we get it on time, RYSE was horrible but pretty, and Titanfall was a massive disappointment. TF captivated me for two weeks and now it just collects dust. It really comes down to what your tastes are of course.

If you find exclusives measure up, go for it. If not and you are on the fence, just remember the longer you wait, the sweeter the deals are going to get. Bundles with games at Xmas, Deals on Black Friday, Price Drops by next year, etc.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

I have both but the Xboner just sits and gathers dust. Multiplats will be bought on the more powerful PS4 and if MS gets an exclusive that I give a crap about, I might eventually dust of the Xboner and actually play a game on it for once...but I won't hold my breath.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

JOIN THE MASTER LEGION OF XBOX! WHERE OUR EXCLUSIVES ARE OVERFLOWING THE COMPETITION! hahaha just playing ;) yeah mate the xbox one is a great system with some terrific exclusives, consider it dude! its awesome owning both systems, even if it is a bit expensive :/

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

You should definitely get a Xbox One, the exclusives are worth owning a Xbox One for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I also owned the PS4 first, and got the XBox One about half a year later. I think XBox has the more appealing exclusives right now, and I feel like they're in a better place direction-wise than the competition right now.

There's several upcoming XBO games I'm interested in, and there's probably even another game or two on the market now that I wouldn't mind trying one day. I can't honestly say the same for the PS4.

If money is an issue though, you should really weigh your options to determine if it's worth getting a One atm. A major reason why I own both consoles is that I traded in a lot of stuff I previously owned to significantly lower the cost of both of them.

blkgto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 blkgto
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

@hitmanactual: I agree, my xbone was playing the part of the diligent paper weight, but constant crashes caused me to have to send it in for repairs. It took me three months to get them to approve the repair. When they finally did, they had it for a month, and lost it. Microsoft has managed to screw up pretty much every step of the way. They have hired an army of scatterbrained morons to provide customer service, they can't keep track of anything, and there is apparently some disagreement between shareholders and board members about the continuation of the xbox division. Some believe Microsoft should continue to back it, others believe they should either sell it or close it down. They don't really seem to be on the same page right now, and if all of these rumors are indeed true, I would say get a ps4 for now until Microsoft figures out what it is they are going to do to turn this show around. Additionally, sunset overdrive looks so absolutely awful and stupid its borderline insulting. Oh yeah and the re-release of a bunch of mediocre halo titles people have already beaten to death multiple times over. Hooray.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I can see why you are thinking of purchasing a X1 right now, not much to play on a PS4. Never had a problem with MS customer service, they always do a great job and follow up after wards to see if your taken care of.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I bought X1 for Killer Instinct and Titanfall. I am waiting for more exclusive to come on X1, like Sunset which I am really liking, but at their time of release, I'll be playing games that I am going to play for too long on PS4 like Destiny, Evolve, and Diablo 3. So I won't be buying X1 exclusives this year. I see that it isn't worth it for me to buy X1 but I did anyways because Titanfall 2 is coming on PS4 and Killer Instinct isn't the king of fighting games (USF4 is.) But since you already said you wanted that exclusive then go ahead it is worth it for you. You weigh your options.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@blkgto said:

@hitmanactual: I agree, my xbone was playing the part of the diligent paper weight, but constant crashes caused me to have to send it in for repairs. It took me three months to get them to approve the repair. When they finally did, they had it for a month, and lost it. Microsoft has managed to screw up pretty much every step of the way. They have hired an army of scatterbrained morons to provide customer service, they can't keep track of anything, and there is apparently some disagreement between shareholders and board members about the continuation of the xbox division. Some believe Microsoft should continue to back it, others believe they should either sell it or close it down. They don't really seem to be on the same page right now, and if all of these rumors are indeed true, I would say get a ps4 for now until Microsoft figures out what it is they are going to do to turn this show around. Additionally, sunset overdrive looks so absolutely awful and stupid its borderline insulting. Oh yeah and the re-release of a bunch of mediocre halo titles people have already beaten to death multiple times over. Hooray.

wut?? That game looks awesome. Better than anything Sony has showed. Go back to that awful FPS called Killzone Shadow Fall.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

I have both but the Xboner just sits and gathers dust. Multiplats will be bought on the more powerful PS4 and if MS gets an exclusive that I give a crap about, I might eventually dust of the Xboner and actually play a game on it for once...but I won't hold my breath.

And what PS4 exclusives are you playing? The X1 has the better exclusives this year. Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, FH2, and MCC.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

I'd say its worth it.

I have an Xbox One, an Xbox 360, a Playstation 3, and I will soon have a Playstation 4. I buy multiplayer titles on Xbox. I buy single player on Playstation. Exclusives, obviously, go on their respective system. Now if it's a game that has multiplayer, but Im only buying it for single player (Assassins Creed is a fantastic example), I buy it on Playstation.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

@huerito323: Have you played Shadow Fall, or are you just talking to talk? I'd rather play Shadow Fall than Sunset Overdrive. Im not saying SO looks bad, I think it does look fun, but it looks like something thats going to be a passing fad. Hell, I hope Im wrong, but Im not holding my breath.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

flop

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@recklessboy1224: @pikachudude860: Yea that's true, thanks for the advice, what system do you own?

For current gen, I own a 3DS, Wii U and an Xbox One.

I'm considering getting a PS4, but I may just wait for Mortal Kombat X and Bloodborn.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sukraj

I bought an Xbox for Halo The Master Chief Collection, Fable Legends and Halo 5

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I think it is worth owning all of the consoles because that is the only way that you are not going to miss out on anything. For me personally, gaming is my favorite hobby and I think it is worth going all out on my favorite hobby so I can experience it to the fullest and not have to miss out on anything great because of not owning all of the consoles.

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

I own all the all the systems.

I will rank them in terms of actually being used (I have 3 kids who all game plus myself).

1) X360

2) Ps4

3) Wiiu - Only because I force them to play as a family at least once a week, all together and my youngest is 7.

4) 3ds's

5) PSV - Mainly because of the Ps4

6) XBOX One - Also, I am the only one who uses this and the only game I use it for is Battlefield 4 (Which just now started working!!!). So If it wasn't for that, this system would just be a giant paper weight.

7) Ps3 - Ps3 was nothing but a Blu Ray player and I don;t even buy Blu Ray anymore so it only gets used once in a blue moon for the free stuff they give out.

Quite frankly, If you don;t own an X360, NOW is the time to get one. You can get all the AAA games from teh last 5 years or so for like $5-$14.00!!! You could literally buy 3 XBOX 360's and 3-4 copies of every game for what it will cost you for one XBOX One and 1 Game.

So now, I am currently rocking 5 X360 Systems, Instead of buying Forza 5 for XBOX One, I'll go and buy 5 copies of Forza 2 or 3, System link with myself, 3 kids and father in law for the same cost as a single copy of Forza 5 would have run me!

Same for Call of Duty and every other AAA Game! Other than Battlefield, there truly isn't a single "Next Gen" Game out there yet. You can buy 30 of the best X360 games of it's generation for what you would spend on 5 XBOX One games!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@recklessboy1224 said:

I currently have a PS4, which my friends also use. However I am thinking about getting an Xbox one because the exclusives like Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Halo, Quantom Break, and Titanfall. However I am planning on getting all the sports games and destiny on PS4.....So what do you guys think of owning both? Is it worth it?

I am in a very similar situation to you... I usually only stick with one console (which was going to be PS4), but I decided to buy an XB1 recently as well because I prefer the exclusives from Xbox (mainly Halo). So I'll only be really using XB1 for exclusives, and PS4 for the rest.

Recklessboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Recklessboy1224

@hrt_rulz01: ya I also purchased the xbox one a couple of days ago and I am very happy wig both

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Yes it's worth it. It's kinda slow for both consoles. But both together will give you more exclusive games than you know what to do with eventually. The multiplatform games you can sort out on whatever console you want...

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@recklessboy1224: if you can afford the Xbox One get it. if you can't then its ok to stick with the PS4, its a better system anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Owning both is worth it if you can afford it. However games like Titanfall are much better on PC if you can run it on max. Dead Rising 3 will be better as well. If you can afford all consoles and PC go for it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i own ps3 xbox 360 wii PS4 i hope near the future i buy xbox one yes its worth it 100%

y7jzdgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 y7jzdgy
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

@recklessboy1224 said:

If you like those games then buy it no need to come in here and cause a flame war when the answer seems simple enough. I bought a PS3 years back simply because I wanted to play Warhawk, Motorstorm: Pacific Rim and Demon Souls. I didn't need the approval of a game forum; if I wanted to play those games I had to buy the console - simple. Topics like this just invite trolls.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

I own PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360. I'll get around to buying the next gen systems pretty soon. If you got the money then by all means enjoy.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts
@huerito323 said:

@blkgto said:

wut?? That game looks awesome. Better than anything Sony has showed. Go back to that awful FPS called Killzone Shadow Fall.

Ha ha...don't get bit feeding the troll my friend. I bought this console that I never wanted in the first place, from a company I hate. It has no games that I like, and it broke, then they screwed it up...etc.....lol...trolls.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#31 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@recklessboy1224 said:

Yes I think it's worth it, I did it last-gen and I plan on doing the same this-gen! I already got my PS4 and will be getting the XB1 when the new Gears or Alan Wake comes out!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MarcRecon

@y7jzdgy said:

@recklessboy1224 said:

If you like those games then buy it no need to come in here and cause a flame war when the answer seems simple enough. I bought a PS3 years back simply because I wanted to play Warhawk, Motorstorm: Pacific Rim and Demon Souls. I didn't need the approval of a game forum; if I wanted to play those games I had to buy the console - simple. Topics like this just invite trolls.

Yes it will invite trolls but it will also attract people with intelligent balanced perspectives! He can't allow the fear and stupidity of others to control him! :)

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I own both, as of right now there aren't many exclusives outside of Indies that make owning both systems worth it. Truth is i have 2 ps4's and 2 xbox ones's and don't really play any of them. I'm excited for TLOU remastered even though I own it for the ps3 already. There is a drought of games for both systems an a true lack of exclusive out this year.

With that said I've gotten more enjoyment out of my xbox because of last years games like DR3, Rise, Forza. I've been bored with my ps4, but I'm sure I'll buy 90% of multi platform games for it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MarcRecon

@gagit811 said:

I own both, as of right now there aren't many exclusives outside of Indies that make owning both systems worth it. Truth is i have 2 ps4's and 2 xbox ones's and don't really play any of them. I'm excited for TLOU remastered even though I own it for the ps3 already. There is a drought of games for both systems an a true lack of exclusive out this year.

With that said I've gotten more enjoyment out of my xbox because of last years games like DR3, Rise, Forza. I've been bored with my ps4, but I'm sure I'll buy 90% of multi platform games for it.

Yep, that's kinda where I'm at I play my 360 and PS3 more the my PS4

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sukraj

Get whatever u made need if u like the games on the ps4 then get a ps4 or if u like halo and the other exclusives then get a xbox one.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@recklessboy1224 said:

Since the 6th gen I have always owned both PS and Xbox. And I never regretted it. There are always gems for each console that I couldn't play on the other. I like games and its not like I am wasting money doing drugs, gambling. So if you can afford it I say go for it and enjoy.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I bought X1 last. I already have PS4. Played KZ and Infamous and I liked them especially Infamous. But, I really couldn't resist how good Killer Instinct looked and I am a huge fight game fan. And, I was stunned at how awesome Titanfall looked on youtube at 60fps. It was really fast and smooth. KI,TF, Forza, and Ryse made it worth the purchase for me and I am definitely getting Sunset.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@recklessboy1224: buy an Xbox one. You can't go wrong with both and you won't miss any great exclusives too. I have both and both are great systems.

nerdygamer1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nerdygamer1972
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

if you have money get both if not hears what it comes down to what do your friends have the other in my case xbox one 15/19 had the xbox one then you most defiantly get it even if you like the other one more i would rather be with friends i know then not even though i had a ps3 for 9 years and originally planed to get the ps4 but it came down to what do your friends have and wii u just is better

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Please do not bump old topics in the future.

Thank you.