Old issue, I know, but desperate. (creating online profiles)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

So I'm attempting to go back and play Modern Warfare 3 with a few friends. When I go to connect, I get that lame little "Servers are not available" message after it tries to load for a while.

Thing is, this is a new console with a different harddrive. The storage on this console does not contain my online profile information. So I feel like if it's attempting to fetch a profile, how's it going to find it if I don't have it in my console memory?

So, I need to know. How on earth do you make a new online profile for this game? Help from you would be wonderful. Thanks!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Have you logged into your console with your old gamertag? All you need to remember is your tag/email address and your password for your account and you can sign in. Maybe that's what's stopping you from playing.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By destinhpark

@BattleSpectre: Do you mean another gamertag for the same acct? Or like an old acct entirely?

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 destinhpark

Hah, well this is funny... I reset my router AGAIN and now it randomly worked after an hour of random tinkering and troubleshooting... *sigh* technology.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre

@destinhpark: Do you have an old gamertag profile prior to you buying the new console? If so you can use that one so you don't lose all your achievements/gamerscore and content you've earned on that profile. If you don't remember the email or password for that account you'll need to start a new gamertag profile to use online features.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By destinhpark

@BattleSpectre: Haha, this is a great idea, but I tried to go back and do that and the email address that I used to make my old gamertag doesn't even exist anymore!! Haha Yahoo literally deleted that email due to inactivity. Wow. The multiplayer worked for a couple games, then of course I had to turn it off to go eat dinner. When I came back-- no luck.

I seriously might just be SOL.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre

@destinhpark: I'm not too familiar with Yahoo but are you sure you didn't just enter the wrong information (I've never heard of email addresses being deleted)? Anyways if you don't have access to that email anymore, you'll need to create a new gamertag profile to play games online.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Using the MS Live email addresses can be deleted by MS. If you have a one year period of inactivity on any given account, the particular account is frozen. After two years I believe they delete the entire account. Yahoo takes longer, if at all. Earlier this year I logged into a BT Yahoo account after some five years of non use.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 destinhpark

Never worked, returned the game, haha. Got my money back at least.