Okay, can someone explain to me how this is possible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAmRodyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 IAmRodyle
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts

I recently attempted to transfer data from 60GB 360 hard drive to 120GB, using a transfer kit on a friend's console. Somehow I accidentally reformatted it in the process, making it unusable (the "memory" screen said "no devices found", and didn't work any other console I tried). I got this newest 360 second-hand, so the warranty had long expired. I took it to a modder who was able to reformat the hard drive back to its original format. We tested it out and it worked perfectly fine on his in-store console. So, problem solved, right?

For some reason, my console still couldn't detect the hard drive, even after removing and re-inserting it several times. I put it into my friend's console (the one I was using when I screwed the HD up in the first place), and it worked fine.

So I figure something is wrong with my console, but it reads other hard drives with no issues whatsoever. It's an Elite, so the HD came with the console (and worked fine before the faulty transfer). So apparently there is nothing wrong with my hard drive (since it works fine on any other console), and there is nothing wrong with my 360 (as it can read other hard drives). Yet, for some reason, both of them together are seemingly incompatible.

So...wtf?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i don't know what to say lol
MrMcElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MrMcElliot
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

Well since you talked about modding your 360 im assuming this thread is gonna be locked up. Sorry =(

isephi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 isephi
Member since 2010 • 112 Posts

i think your mod buddy may have messed it up since it wont pick up the HD anymore