OFFICIAL "what would you like to see in TES5" thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sillyseaotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 sillyseaotter
Member since 2009 • 179 Posts

Ok, so with bethesdas big announcement of "something" in the works, i figured that we all pretty much know its probably TES5, so what would you like to see? I know for me, id like to see a CUSTOM weapon/armor creation system for blacksmithing. Id also like to see advancements in the alchemy field, more hands on... Also id like a lot more customization as far as houses, horses, and land goes. id like to be able to buy a lot of land and have a house built on it, then have a farm maintained be slaves and make a profit...

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
How about good animations, satisfying combat, a story that's interesting with characters that are interesting, an ending that's semi-decent at minimum, and a voice cast that spans more than 5 different people? I also want my crossbows, spears, throwing knives, medium armor, enchantment skill, and just about everything from Morrowind, back. Companion controls/commands would be a plus.
sillyseaotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sillyseaotter

Yea but then it would be turning the elder scrolls into something its not... Im not sayin anything you suggested is a bad thing (although i am a huge scrolls fan and everything you bashed i actually loved) but for example, as far as combat goes... its not supposed to be like turn based....this is one of the reasons i like elder scrolls over many other rpg's.... its not stale, there werent many formidable enemies ill give you that but it was fun and auxillerating

dean0null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dean0null
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts
[QUOTE="bulletsword"]How about good animations, satisfying combat, a story that's interesting with characters that are interesting, an ending that's semi-decent at minimum, and a voice cast that spans more than 5 different people? I also want my crossbows, spears, throwing knives, medium armor, enchantment skill, and just about everything from Morrowind, back. Companion controls/commands would be a plus.

LOL This.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
How about good animations, satisfying combat,bulletsword
Bethesda said its going to be the same engine of Fallout 3, and Oblivion. :\
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

Yea but then it would be turning the elder scrolls into something its not... Im not sayin anything you suggested is a bad thing (although i am a huge scrolls fan and everything you bashed i actually loved) but for example, as far as combat goes... its not supposed to be like turn based....this is one of the reasons i like elder scrolls over many other rpg's.... its not stale, there werent many formidable enemies ill give you that but it was fun and auxillerating

sillyseaotter
the combat system in Oblivion was okay. The satisfaction of hitting an enemy is what's lacking (and since Bethesda's jump from Morrowind to Oblivion is starting to push the series from pure RPG to Action-RPG, that's something that should seriously be considered). That's what I was getting at. Satisfying combat applies to just about any genre with action. Still, I don't see how anything I said would be turning the game into something it's not. If anything, it'd start to resemble Morrowind (minus the good animations and voice cast), arguably the best game in the series unless you want to throw in the behemoth known as Daggerfall.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

i really do hate when people create 'official' threads because they think they can and then put zero effort into the opening post but yeh, the main thing would be varying spells, i hate it how no matter what the spell they all look the same, get some D2'esq variation

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

More customization, more enemies, more satisfying combat, more weapons, a better story, and better characters.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

much more complex combat and enemies with different levels like morrowind

sillyseaotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sillyseaotter

i really do hate when people create 'official' threads because they think they can and then put zero effort into the opening post but yeh, the main thing would be varying spells, i hate it how no matter what the spell they all look the same, get some D2'esq variation

chaoscougar1

I dont have to put effort into the original post. the point is to get people talking, and thats whats happening...

Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

An announcemet.

Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

it won't be TES5. but i'd like to see more spells, more guilds, and less repetitive dungeons and caves.

Avatar image for shadowdemon0085
shadowdemon0085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 shadowdemon0085
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

I would like to see ladders...Where in the world are the ladders?!

Really, I would like a better story and more depth to guilds. I feel that Morrowind guilds were so much better than that of Oblivion... Especially since guilds were actually working against each other in Morrowind, that would be great to see in TES5.

Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

I would like to see ladders...Where in the world are the ladders?!

Really, I would like a better story and more depth to guilds. I feel that Morrowind guilds were so much better than that of Oblivion... Especially since guilds were actually working against each other in Morrowind, that would be great to see in TES5.

shadowdemon0085
im guessing you read that article about fallout and oblivion not having ladders xD
sillyseaotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sillyseaotter

As far as the dungeon repetitive-ness goes, has anyone ever played w.o.w.? TES isn't that repetitive. I would LOVE to see more guilds, and more consequences for your choices, for example, if you are a member of one particular guild, another guild will hate you, and you wont be able to join unless you leave the current guild. Another thing id like to see, is the ability to make your own guild. You could recruit members and send them on simple quests like plundering dungeons and returning with some artifacts. Id like to see a few more "professions" if you will. As far as the story line goes, did we play the same game guys? I LOVED the story line. Different spells would be nice even tough i never really used them. Like i said before a custom weapon creation system, and what i think TES5 NEEDS is a multiplayer online swap meet type thing. Where gamers could go online and sell or buy created weapons or armors, artifacts etc...