Oct. 21 KOTOR 3.....MMO?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
There going to announce the game oct. 21 and so far what i have read is that it's a MMO. 90% of the blogs that i have read have been a rather dislike for the idea. I for one agree with that side KOTOR was a great game and fans of it have been waiting for a true sequel on the next gen. but if they go this route then i'm afraid that they will mess up a great formula. Even worse for us console owners we may not see it at all or we will have to pay a subscription fee which hurts cause we already pay a gold membership. Im not saying they wont do a good job on what ever game they are making but if it is KOTOR and it is the sequel i really cant see them having the success that they had with the first two installments. How do you guys feel about it?
Ncartwright15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ncartwright15
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
no where in the article did it say it was gonna be a kotor mmo, it could be a new starwars game for all we know
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
That would be so awesome if it was the KOTOR MMO.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#4 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

That would be so awesome if it was the KOTOR MMO.Childeater10

No, no it would not I have been waiting for KOTOR 3 ever since I finished KOTOR 2 over the summer and I would like an actual single player game with an actual story there has'nt been a lot of good RPG's latley and I'am sick of MMO's being released.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 karma1680

no where in the article did it say it was gonna be a kotor mmo, it could be a new starwars game for all we knowNcartwright15

There has been more then one article that stated that it looks like it will be kotor mmo including gameinformer. I'm just saying what do you guys think if that is the case?

tizmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 tizmond
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts
After the disappointing KOTOR 2, I really hope they make a third one.
I really hope it is NOT a MMO.
I would like them to make a third, single player version to conclude the story, because the 2nd one had promise, but parts of the story, especially the ending, were weak.
Also if a 3rd does get made, I hope they don't rush it, like they did with the 2nd.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I think a MMO KOTOR game would be a kick to groin to the fans. We've played the first two games which had great characters and a storyline that Star Wars and RPG fans craved. The cast of characters for the first KOTOR game was very memorable. From Mission to HK-47, this cast of characters were great. The only downside was that you could only have 2 in the party at one given time ;)

This was a game that was heavily driven by the player; the choices he/she makes can effect outcomes of not only quests and missions, but the ending as well.

I know we haven't seen a single piece of game footage or even a screenshot, but I am not liking the fact that there would be a MMO instead of a single player RPG. It was the story and characters that made KOTOR an epic adventure that has many fans talking about the game after years of its' release. The first KOTOR game is considered by many people not only as one of the best RPGs on the xbox, but also a classic game that will be remembered for a long time. An MMO title puts very little emphasis on storyline and characters. It just takes away everything the first two KOTOR games were all about.

I can't be more against the idea of KOTOR 3 being an MMO. It was always about the storylines and the characters in the Star Wars universe. Once again, even though the game hasn't really been announced and everything, I really do not like the idea of this title possibly being a MMO.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I'm one of those 90% with a blog pointing out how much I dislike this idea. KOTOR 1 rocked. KOTOR 2 was rushed and unfinished, and it appears KOTOR 3 will not exist... instead we get this MMO thingy. It's a sad day really...
karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 karma1680

I think a MMO KOTOR game would be a kick to groin to the fans. We've played the first two games which had great characters and a storyline that Star Wars and RPG fans craved. The cast of characters for the first KOTOR game was very memorable. From Mission to HK-47, this cast of characters were great. The only downside was that you could only have 2 in the party at one given time ;)

This was a game that was heavily driven by the player; the choices he/she makes can effect outcomes of not only quests and missions, but the ending as well.

I know we haven't seen a single piece of game footage or even a screenshot, but I am not liking the fact that there would be a MMO instead of a single player RPG. It was the story and characters that made KOTOR an epic adventure that has many fans talking about the game after years of its' release. The first KOTOR game is considered by many people not only as one of the best RPGs on the xbox, but also a classic game that will be remembered for a long time. An MMO title puts very little emphasis on storyline and characters. It just takes away everything the first two KOTOR games were all about.

I can't be more against the idea of KOTOR 3 being an MMO. It was always about the story-lines and the characters in the Star Wars universe. Once again, even though the game hasn't really been announced and everything, I really do like the idea of this title possibly being a MMO.

gr8scott

Like i said before i agree with you i know there are so so many great games coming out this fall but i think that this would be the biggest announcement of the year if they had a REAL sequel to the KOTOR universe. But so far it seems that it is a mmo and that is a kick in the butt.