Oblivion Obsession

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Nun_Eater
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

I have had my Xbox for over a year now and my favorite game is still Oblivion. I have logged over 500 hours on my main file, and over 400 on my other files. I have purchased all the DLC, gotten all the achievements and even go out of my way to do crazy things to keep this game entertaining. Like what you may ask?

Me and my friend spent several weeks filling the house you buy in the slums with mead and wine bottles, so much so that you could not longer see the floor and bottles were clinking together before the room even fully loaded. But that's not all...

We spent several hours decorating our mansions with different items, such as skulls in the basements, helmets on display and emergency bow and arrows around the edges. As well as small staches of random stuff. Hell I even have a room filled with jewelry and soul gems in my pirate lair.

We have wasted so much time on that game it has become over whelming. So what about you? Have you done anything just completely time wasting on Oblivion for self satisfaction or boredom? Or is it just me and my friends?

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Oblivion may be my all time favorite game. I agree with you entirely. I love this game and after I have finished most of this years hot titles I plan on spending a lot of time on this fantastic game. It is like living a separate life, with no boundries or limits on what you can do. You can do what you want without ever playing a single quest. God I love that game.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I take more of the GTA approach when I get bored, I just try and kill every person in an entire town.

I've wasted countless hours decorating my Alchemy house. The game never gets old, what DLC would you recommend? I've just played Oblivion and Shivering Isles, haven't messed with the DLC.

guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
I've only put about 170 hours into it. But I always thought about giving it another spin one day. I only got the Shivering Isles expansion so far, haven't touched the other ones.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I suggest the Wizard's Tower if you are a mage and have not downloaded it yet. Though you can't get this on PS3, unfortunatly. Also Mehrune's Razor looks great. I have yet to DL these but once I start up a new file I will do this soon. Also get Spell Tomes if you haven't, yet.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I suggest the Wizard's Tower if you are a mage and have not downloaded it yet. Though you can't get this on PS3, unfortunatly. Also Mehrune's Razor looks great. I have yet to DL these but once I start up a new file I will do this soon. Also get Spell Tomes if you haven't, yet.

GSU28

Yea I'm a Mage, mostly Conjuration, Cast Daedra Lord/Go invisible. Never took damage in any Arena match.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll get the DLC when I get home. What about Knights of the nine? any good?

havenshadow07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 havenshadow07
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts
Knights of the nine is alright. If you like to be evil and do stuff you probably won't like it quite as much because you will not be able to equip the unique equipment if you perform evil acts later on after you beat the quest. I would recommend getting it though because I thought the quests were pretty fun but its up to you.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I've logged in over 200 hours so far on the Game of the Year edition. I'm still working on all the missions, but I have decorated my houses with armor and such.
Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts
I'll get back to it; if I have time between GTA 4, buying Too human when it comes out and Fallout 3 at the end of the year.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I've played it for 200 hours but only thanks to mods. I couldn't be bothered to keep playing after finishing the main quest and guilds if there weren't any mods.
The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Nun_Eater

I take more of the GTA approach when I get bored, I just try and kill every person in an entire town.

I've wasted countless hours decorating my Alchemy house. The game never gets old, what DLC would you recommend? I've just played Oblivion and Shivering Isles, haven't messed with the DLC.

Mau-Justice

If your into piss around like me and decorating stuff, I would suggest The Fighters Stronghold, its a massive castle with all sorts of neat things. I spent about 50 hours decorating it. But if your realy looking to get bang for your buck go with Shiver Ilse, it is the single biggest piece of DLC on XBL.

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Nun_Eater

I've played it for 200 hours but only thanks to mods. I couldn't be bothered to keep playing after finishing the main quest and guilds if there weren't any mods.RK-Mara

Mods? You must have been playing the PC version. I don't belive there are any mods for the 360. I don't need mods for a perfect game though.

Efielret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Efielret
Member since 2008 • 1617 Posts
I think I've played Oblivion more than I've played any other games that I have for 360 combined. It's just a good game. I just need the Thieves Guild quests and I'm done with all the achievements, I don't know why I never got to them.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RK-Mara

[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]I've played it for 200 hours but only thanks to mods. I couldn't be bothered to keep playing after finishing the main quest and guilds if there weren't any mods.The_Nun_Eater

Mods? You must have been playing the PC version. I don't belive there are any mods for the 360. I don't need mods for a perfect game though.

Yup, I have the PC version. And Oblivion is definitely not perfect *cough* level scaling.

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Nun_Eater
[QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]I've played it for 200 hours but only thanks to mods. I couldn't be bothered to keep playing after finishing the main quest and guilds if there weren't any mods.RK-Mara

Yup, I have the PC version. And Oblivion is definitely not perfect *cough* level scaling.

I love level scaling! Gusse you just have to be an RPG fan.

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts

I have had my Xbox for over a year now and my favorite game is still Oblivion. I have logged over 500 hours on my main file, and over 400 on my other files. I have purchased all the DLC, gotten all the achievements and even go out of my way to do crazy things to keep this game entertaining. Like what you may ask?

Me and my friend spent several weeks filling the house you buy in the slums with mead and wine bottles, so much so that you could not longer see the floor and bottles were clinking together before the room even fully loaded. But that's not all...

We spent several hours decorating our mansions with different items, such as skulls in the basements, helmets on display and emergency bow and arrows around the edges. As well as small staches of random stuff. Hell I even have a room filled with jewelry and soul gems in my pirate lair.

We have wasted so much time on that game it has become over whelming. So what about you? Have you done anything just completely time wasting on Oblivion for self satisfaction or boredom? Or is it just me and my friends?

The_Nun_Eater

You Sir, are awsome. Ive now decided to decorate my shack with tons of bottles and maybe some watermelons. Its gonna be a blast!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Reminds me of my days on Ultima Online when you mentioned the houses full of wine bottles and other things. I use to do the same thing with my friends on Ultima Online back in the day (plus pretending to be a blacksmith and stealing everyones weapons and armor LOL) :P

Oblivion kept me busy for awhile, but its definatly my least favorite in the elderscrolls series (i own all the games in the series), the expannsion pack was great for Oblivion though i must admit. I just hope the next elderscrolls game is more like the previous elderscrolls games (as far as size, story and i also prefer the series without a big arrow telling you where everything is).

Overall though i wont lie, ive spent about 175-200 hours on Oblivion since it came out.

An-Archist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 An-Archist
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts

Ahhh Oblivion...truly a great game. I have done many fun things on the game, such as seeing how quick i could kill everyone except for the nice folk in Anvil. Anvil is easily my favorite place in Oblivion!

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RK-Mara

I love level scaling! Gusse you just have to be an RPG fan.

The_Nun_Eater

aka elitist :P

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Nun_Eater
[QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

Jaforbe

You Sir, are awsome. Ive now decided to decorate my shack with tons of bottles and maybe some watermelons. Its gonna be a blast!

Trust me, it is quite a sight to see.

sallyboy233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 sallyboy233
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts
i need to get back into that game. i was really into it then i got my first rrod. after i got it back from ms i havent touched it.
Avatar image for bluntmastaslaya
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bluntmastaslaya
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

Mau-Justice

i love killing everyone. it is awesome, and my favorite part of the game.

jasonlc3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 jasonlc3221
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts
I don't think I'll ever be able to stop playing this game. I am Oblivion's little b*tch. I know, it's sad and pathetic.
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bluntmastaslaya

The_Nun_Eater

you sir, need a life. way too much time on your hands. get a job. i can understand logging alot of hours into oblivion, hell i have, but 900+?? im sorry i dont meen to sound rude, but you need a life.

mmielnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 mmielnik
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
I used to have a huge obsession with Oblivion but since there hasnt been any DLC for like 5 months i just im to bored to play it anymore.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

I used to have a huge obsession with Oblivion but since there hasnt been any DLC for like 5 months i just im to bored to play it anymore.mmielnik

are there any plans to make more or are they too busy with fallout 3?

Danny_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Danny_K
Member since 2005 • 563 Posts
So you've played 900 hours of Oblivion? That's crazy. I thought my 30 hours was a lot.
Aft3rsh0ck89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aft3rsh0ck89
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

The_Nun_Eater

I don't really see much reason to play this game for such huge amounts of time, I've nearly completed all the achievement and done the main quests in like 51 hours. Ill probably end up with close to 100 hours or so by the time Im fully done with the game. I don't find decorating houses all that interesting, plus exploring the land doesn't really excite me all that much either. I'd rather put the time into experiencing other games. Thats just me personally though, if you wanna spend that much time on oblivion than so be it.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Oblivion has been my favorite game ever since it came out. I like messing around creating new spells and testing them on all the townspeople, but I find myself making like 10 new games a month too, just because I keep wanting to replay through the dark brotherhood lol.

Shivering Isles is great too, and I have all the DLC, all the achievements, and (in my main file) all the houses, fully stocked, each guild completed, and a level 49 high elf mage to show for it. (I never did use the jail glitch to get higher in level, maybe I should do that...)
The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Nun_Eater
[QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

bluntmastaslaya

you sir, need a life. way too much time on your hands. get a job. i can understand logging alot of hours into oblivion, hell i have, but 900+?? im sorry i dont meen to sound rude, but you need a life.

And you sir need to mind your own damn bidness, I have a job and make quite alot of money. It is my personal prefrence if I want to log that much time on one single game. And for the record. me and several of my friends would gather around, drink and smoke. and had a blast with Oblivion being one of the MANY forms of entertainment talking place that night. Which is problaly more of a life than you can claim to have.

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
i just keep geting items just to sell so i can see how much i can get even started over after beating it and still playing today.
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bluntmastaslaya
[QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

The_Nun_Eater

And you sir need to mind your own damn bidness, I have a job and make quite alot of money. It is my personal prefrence if I want to log that much time on one single game. And for the record. me and several of my friends would gather around, drink and smoke. and had a blast with Oblivion being one of the MANY forms of entertainment talking place that night. Which is problaly more of a life than you can claim to have.

if you drink and smoke then play a singleplayer game... i dont see how the rest of the people hanging out would enjoy this...

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Nun_Eater
[QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

bluntmastaslaya

if you drink and smoke then play a singleplayer game... i dont see how the rest of the people hanging out would enjoy this...

When your drunk or high enough staring at brick wall would even be fun as long as you have the right conversation.

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

bluntmastaslaya

Stop hatin dude. The man likes Oblivion. Leave him alone.

bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bluntmastaslaya
[QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

Jaforbe

i love oblivion... but 900+ hours is outrageous... that is 37+ straight days of oblivion without stopping and was just saying when i drink and get high, i enjoying going out and doing and experience things, but i suppose staring at a brick wall is cool too...

The_Nun_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Nun_Eater
[QUOTE="Jaforbe"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"][QUOTE="The_Nun_Eater"]

bluntmastaslaya

i love oblivion... but 900+ hours is outrageous... that is 37+ straight days of oblivion without stopping and was just saying when i drink and get high, i enjoying going out and doing and experience things, but i suppose staring at a brick wall is cool too...

You are aware that the game has been out for over 2 years now right? I got the game when it was released jackass, I did not just pick it up about 37 days ago. This has been a collection of periods were me and my friends would be at my house, chillin, and we would get bored and say "What the hell, lets fill a house with mead on Oblivion." or "Let kill all of Anvil and steal things." And I am sorry that me and my friends are just too much of devoted gamers to go out every night and "experience things" as you apparentely know more about the world than I do just because you logged less time on Oblivion.