Oblivion: Mage's Guild suspension

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ss_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ss_713
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

I got suspended from the Mage's Guild and I need to find 20 Dragon's Tongue and 20 Redwort Flowers. Where can I find these?

Also, how do I re-charge magical weapons that are out of charge?

Don0van

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Don0van
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
well im pretty sure that those things u need r just like flowers so just go to radnom stores that sell food and whatever porbly could even go to the mage guild and buy some from the guy and to recharge stuff u ned to go to people that can do it the only place i can think of right now is the mage guild people not hard to find or u can find the viruge stones or whatever there called there big and white and they recharge everyhting u got on u but thewres only 20 in the game and i think they got rid of the glitch to make alot of one iteam so good luck lucky i got like 100 off them before they fixed it
weggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 weggles
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts

You can get magic items recharged at the mages guild... its pretty expensive though. It costs 1 septim per 1 magic point... so if a weapon has 3500 charge, it'll cost 3500 septims.

There are a lot of Dragons Tongues at Ft. Bulwark, and they are scattered throughout the land

Look near the top of the "d" of "Blackwood" on the map, there are a bunch there...

I guess you wont be stealing from the mages guild again :P.

rifford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rifford
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i was suspension from the mages guild i need to find 20 vampire dust & 20 daedra hearts I'm ok with vampire dust but i don't no what or were the daedra hearts are

thanks

hellfishMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hellfishMatt
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Daedra hearts are from daedra. You'll find those in the gates to oblivion.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

The Dragon's Tongue Plant is yellow, and somewhat rare, I think. Redwort is red and also uncommon. These you might want to buy from alchemists, as you'll likely spend an enormous amount of time searching for them in the wild.

Magical items can be recharged one of three ways:

1. Certain members of the Mage's Guild will recharge items. I know Vigge the Cautious (looks kinda like Red Foreman) in Skingrad does. This is rather expensive, though.
  2. Varla Stones. Varla stones are magical crystal found deep in Ayleid ruins. They will recharge all of your magical equipment. This is also a very expensive route, as the Varla stone is used up in the process, and they are worth 1,000 gold each. Furthermore, this is not viable as a long-term solution, as Varla stones are exceedingly rare, and usually a pain in the ass to find.
  3. Soul gems. You can buy and find soul gems that already have a soul in them. Alternatively, you can buy/find empty soul gems and fill them yourself, by casting Soul Trap on a creature, then killing it. This is definitely the most economical way of recharging your equipment, as empty soul gems are relatively common in the world and inespensive to buy. Once you purchase the Soul Trap spell, obviously it costs nothing to cast it. Better yet, if you do a quest for Azura (a Daedric Prince), she'll give you a soul gem that is never used up. Once you get that, you're pretty much set as far as your magical weapons go.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

i was suspension from the mages guild i need to find 20 vampire dust & 20 daedra hearts I'm ok with vampire dust but i don't no what or were the daedra hearts are

rifford

Daedra hearts come from....daedra, obivously after you kill them. There are hordes of daedra around Oblivion gates. Visit a couple, and you'll get your 20 hearts relatively quickly.

That sucks about the vampire dust. If you're a member of the Order of the Virtuous Blood, those 20 vampire dusts are worth 2,000 gold.

saveMARYKATE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 saveMARYKATE
where did you get your vampire dust?
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Lol, hilarious. Just so everyone knows with plant contents reappear after a certain amount of time, so you can just find one Dragon Tongue, take contents then rest for couple of days and it should reappear. As for Daedra hearts thats simple just fight Daedra and you always get em, and vampire dust you get from killing vampires obviously, there are a couple of caverns with vampires in I advise checking in them...I think there is a cave a little outside Cheydinhall go out the gate follow the road a bit and look to your right, there should be a cave up some stairs or something...I think there are vampires in there.
kingduchII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kingduchII
"Just so everyone knows with plant contents reappear after a certain amount of time, so you can just find one Dragon Tongue, take contents then rest for couple of days and it should reappear." Quote i found 8 dragon tounges waited 2 weeks still not get any come back, but along the road from skingrad to imperial city there should be a couple as for the redwort flower go to fort bulwark and their should be at least 20-30 redwort flowers and 8 dragons Tongues
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

There are tons of guides out there for this kind of thing. You'll be better off looking for one of those instead of asking on a forum. Just a friendly suggestion.

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

check this GUIDE it might help you out. it did help me when i got suspended bc i stole some stuff by accident from the counter at the store.

Smitticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Smitticus
Member since 2005 • 20519 Posts
Getting banned? Accidentally stealing? Why bother doing all those gathering missions? When ever I got caught stealing I simply loaded te quicksave of me entering that area/room/shop and that was it .. There are way too many cool missions in the game and missions that actually are worth searching the map for ;)
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

Getting banned? Accidentally stealing? Why bother doing all those gathering missions? When ever I got caught stealing I simply loaded te quicksave of me entering that area/room/shop and that was it .. There are way too many cool missions in the game and missions that actually are worth searching the map for ;)Smitticus

i would have done that. but i just had 1 saved file. and i didnt realize i could reload the save until i walked out the door and it autosaved my only file. after that i kept a separated file.