Oblivion DLC Not loading

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OblivionPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OblivionPwnz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I rented the Game of the Year edition (Oblivion) for XBox360, and I checked out the second disk, because i did not know what it was. I saw that it was downloads, so I downladed it and thought that was awesome. I returned oblivion and purchased the original the next day, and the content did not work. Thinking that the two editions were different, and that was why it was not working, I deleted the entire oblivion folder on my Xbox 360, and started a new game. After i got out of the imperial sewers, I re downloaded knights of the nine, which cost me money. I did not have enough for the shivering Isles. I also re downloaded vile lair and fighters stronghold, because i had already paid for them in my previous file. The game is not giving me the quests for the vile lair and fighters stronghold, and I can not talk to the guy in the chapel in anvil. In the tab of the main menu where it shows downloads, it says that i have knights of the nine, vile lair and fighters stronghold, yet it does not load the quests in game. I am out of the imperial sewers, and i tried resting for 24 hours. I am wondering if you could tell me how to fix this, that is, why my downloadable content (DLC) is not loading in-game. It has been very frustrating because I really liked the game and I want to play some more. I really appreciate your help. Haha sorry if this sounds formal, im just really mad right now. =D
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

you just got ripped. you can D/L the GOTY edition bonus DLC and play it with a regular edition disc. all you had to do was delete your oblivion folder, put in the first disc, update your game, take it out, put in the bonus DLC disc, put back the original disc and thats it. wait a day in the game and it will appear.

OblivionPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OblivionPwnz
By the way, the final disc im using is from the dual pack of bioshock and oblivion.
OblivionPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OblivionPwnz
wait, so what youre saying is that if i rent the same game of the year edition, delete my oblivion folder, put the first disc from that rental in, put in the second disk, download that expansion pack, then put in my disc that i own into it, it shud work fine?
ccassidy5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ccassidy5150
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i have the same combo pack and the same problem with the same exact downloads hahaha

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

thats because oblivion is the worse game ever and should be wipe out of the face of the planet if I had money I would buy every copy and burn it. Im sorry i know that this does not answer your question but really have hatred for this game because it cost me 70 bucks I bought it when it was new.

OblivionPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OblivionPwnz
haha great minds think alike! I just bought game of the year edition oblivion and it works fine.