No Gears Of War at E3

#1 Edited by hello505 (462 posts) -

Weird how there was no Gears showing of any sort at E3, especially considering it's MS' 2nd biggest gaming franchise. Really weird. Even a teaser trailer would have accomplished confirmation of the series continuing.

#2 Posted by Tokeism (2365 posts) -

Meh, We don't need any more Gears of War, story is done, gameplay is stale imo

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

It's obviously in no state to be shown, and they're doing the right thing by waiting for the right time when they have more to show - Like gameplay.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Smart Move.....

Hey maybe they'l just hold their own conference outside of any gaming convention....... Its the best way to ensure it doesn't get overshadowed by anything.....

If I were Microsoft I wouldn't wait until E3 to announce anything...... Just put the damn thing on You Tube and hold my own convention where every body can get a taste of that sweet, meaty, Xbox-y Goodness !

They should do these things on their own terms on their own turf.

#5 Edited by KingJuggaNott (217 posts) -

It was a good move, I can't believe the gamers that bark about games when they won't see them until months down the line. 2015 doesn't mean as soon as the ball drops on that year--it doesn't guarantee any dates really. That just so very well could mean Christmas 2015. I would have loved to see a new Gears game, but I agree--not if it's not ready. I have enjoyed two new games...Titanfall and Ryse was good for me. I'm going to give Sunset Overdrive a try as well when it releases. A new console, new gen--I'm glad that Microsoft brought new games into the fold. Not just rehashes of older games. Not that we would not like those older games, but at least they allowed new franchises to put their fingerprints on this gen the same way Gears did on the 360.

#6 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

No it wasnt...

Couple months ago they said black tusk will be working on it. There is absolutely nothing to show. Expect a teaser berxt e3 for a 2016 release at the minimal

#7 Edited by MaddenBowler10 (8951 posts) -

and I'm glad it wasn't. We need a very long break from Gears of War IMO.

#8 Posted by yam2010 (25 posts) -

I was extremely let down by this. Maybe they are really early in development though.

#9 Edited by hello505 (462 posts) -

@Tokeism said:

Meh, We don't need any more Gears of War, story is done, gameplay is stale imo

Well, it's coming and regardless of your shitty opinion.

#10 Posted by electriclott (25 posts) -

I was a little disappointed as well, but I imagine we will get something next year at E3. Meanwhile we have a bunch of other great games to play.

#11 Posted by Kazenokatana (25 posts) -

They just announced a couple of months ago they acquired the IP and named a studio that was working on it. The game not being shown at E3 wasn't a surprise it's probably not going to come out until at least 2016.

#12 Edited by ObxChillin (169 posts) -

Yea i would like to have seen a trailer.

Hopefuly its not like judgment. I hope baird isnt the main character.

#13 Edited by SoAmazingBaby (2941 posts) -

I want the game, but I can wait. Titanfall saves us

#14 Posted by TurboGraphix (390 posts) -

Towards the end they flashed the Gears logo but that was about it. This was a huge let down for me since the only reason I bought X1 was for Gears. I may honestly get rid of my x1 until Gears comes out since I know the earliest we can see a new gears is holiday 2016. This year's e3 was a letdown for all gears fans..

#15 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

Gears can take a rest for another year or two.

#16 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

Is the series done?

#17 Posted by cainetao11 (28696 posts) -

I think if they had shown gears, it would be more gears?

#18 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2767 posts) -

@hello505 said:

Weird how there was no Gears showing of any sort at E3, especially considering it's MS' 2nd biggest gaming franchise. Really weird. Even a teaser trailer would have accomplished confirmation of the series continuing.

You do know their are more shows coming up including MS's own event. Maybe they don't want to show all of their cards. Id say that Sony blew their wad at E3 and have nothing else planned. I predict announcements of Gears of War 4, Perfect Dark and Battle Toads sometime this Fall!! Would love to see a Mech Assault X1 exclusive as well!!

#19 Edited by MarcRecon (7714 posts) -

The Day the new Gears drop will be the day I get my XB1, I soooooo love that franchise!!

#20 Posted by SolidTy (49931 posts) -

New developer making GeoW, so they aren't ready to show anything.

Whatever, it's coming and I don't care about trailers.

#21 Posted by slakkmichael (32 posts) -

Well there was a little picture of the logo at e3 but that doesn't really mean much.

#22 Posted by Mercuria1_King (278 posts) -

I am not getting excited for a new Gears since a new developer is making it, I am glad they didn't show it at E3.

#23 Posted by blackace (23173 posts) -

@hello505 said:

It won't be shown until next years E3. They had just started working on it before the E3, so there really wasn't anything to show yet. I can wait.