Ninja Gaiden II Question: Acolyte Difficulty Level?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluemoon6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 bluemoon6
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

I was interested in getting Ninja Gaiden II on the bargain bin but was worried that the easier difficulty setting of Acolyte would not be enough. Does it at least make the game non-masochistic? Is the game manageable throughout on Acolyte or is it still bone-crushingly difficult?

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts

If you're worried about not being able to beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on the lowest difficulty setting then I'd suggest getting some experience with other action games behind your belt before tackling Ninja Gaiden 2, because it's a very frustrating game. It requires fast reflexes, good timing, and ALOT of patience.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I had some troubles playing the game on Acolyte especially around chapter 8 and 9. You need to learn to read your opponents moves and patterns of attack unless you want them to wipe the floor with you. You can't just run in and button mash. I would't say it is really difficult though. I got half way through warrior without a problem.

I recommend the game. :)

Geespotuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geespotuser
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Well it depends on your skills.. I've played Path of the Warrior first then Acolyte was just really easy.. But my first play thru on Warrior is hard..

bluemoon6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bluemoon6
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

Yeah I've played and beaten the first game so I know the usual difficulty in the Ninja Gaiden franchise. Just worried considering Ninja Gaiden II was considered even to be more difficult. Is Acolyte similar to regular difficulty level in the first game or is it a little easier? I like a challenge but just not feeling too masochistic lately. I still flinch thinking about the ghost pirahnnas, oh the ghost pirahnnas.

Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Its not so bad, I had never played the first Ninja Gaiden and I managed Warrior difficulty without any real problems.The higher difficultieson the other hand are INSANE

I would really recommend this game. Its fun and its probably dirt cheap now. Try the demo on the market place first if your worried.

Good Luck!

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I played through on Warrior. Didn't really have any problems. Great game BTW. Get it if you can.
amill68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 amill68
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

Yeah it was an excellent game, but its not a button masher like many of the other games of that genre can turn into. just play through it, but try and focus on learning what you are doing and watch you enemies close and you will be just fine. the harder difficulties, on the other hand, well, masochistic may not go far enough to describe it. they are doable, but really frusterating.