Ninja Gaiden 2 Vs Devil May Cry 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mistahripstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mistahripstah
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
Well both games i hear are both amazingly good.

but i love gore, good gameplay, guns and swords, either or.

its just an opinion basis, what do you prefer?
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
They're both essentially the same thing, not neccessarily but they're very similar.

From the two I think Devil May Cry is the better game imo.
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts
NG2 is more fun
tbolt_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 tbolt_88
Member since 2003 • 1873 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 definetly. The games a lot harder, the bosses are cooler, and the games so much bloodier and violent. Its just awesome.
tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts
NG2 kicks ass.NG2>>>DMC4
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Ng2 for the most because all of the gore and action but if your a fan of DMC and you would like a good action game with a good story then take DMC4 because NG2 basically has no story whatsoever:P i mean you will be saying WTF? the entire game but between these WTF'S the action and gore is so worth it from chopping heads off to legs with all the blood.
I-AM-THE-G-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 I-AM-THE-G-MAN
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts
dmc4 for its strait up awesome coolness (if there is such a word), graphics and sweet cutscenes. not saying that ng2 doesnt have good graphics either but dmc looks madnesss
Princess_Jill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Princess_Jill
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
I love both games, but I'd go with Devil May Cry 4, don't get me wrong, I love NG2, It's jsut that....Its difficulty puts me away from it :P
metalpower08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metalpower08
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
I have to say DMC4 by a long shot. Probably because I am a noob. But Ninja Gaiden games kick my ass so hard up the **** wall that it is just past the point of fun.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Most definitely prefer Ninja Gaiden 2. DMC4 was the worst DMC game, imo. Even worse that DMC2...
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 is so much better.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
ninja gaiden 2 by far.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

DMC4 sucked so bad

worst combat I've ever seen in a 3rd person action game

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

DMC4 was awesome

Best combat I've seen from a 3rd person action game.

mwesch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mwesch
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

NG2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC 4

No seriously DMC was a total phail bored me to bits, but then again both of them arent really my type of game so i'm no expert

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
I dob't understand how anyone could choose NG2 over DMC4. NG2's combat feels broken. You'll spend most of your time blocking on the higher difficulty levels, then getting hit and juggled by off screen enemies. True, it may be more difficult than Devil May Cry, but it's cheap difficulty, while DMC's takes skill.Try Hell or Hell mode on DMC4 and you'll see what I mean. The levels are ugly in NG2 too, as are the bosses, it's not that great looking (The Venice level is an exception though). DMC4 isn't perfect though. The game has a LOT of backtracking, so be prepared. But I've gotten 50 hours out of it so far, going through all the modes. DMC4 has style and substance, the combat's deep and freeform. NG2's combat isn't terrible, but it pails in comparison to DMC. There may be ore gore, but there's much less fun. There are demos for both on the Marketplace if you need help deciding, as you can see people have varying opinions of the games.
stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

I love both games, but I'd go with Devil May Cry 4, don't get me wrong, I love NG2, It's jsut that....Its difficulty puts me away from it :PPrincess_Jill

Is this because you're a girl? Theres only one thing girl slike being hard and its not videogames....

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
NG2
Zerual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zerual
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
DMC4 was the boringest DMC game I ever played. I felt like all I had done in the game was wander around hallways and backtracking.
Mcderby4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mcderby4
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2, best action game on the 360. DMC4 is one of my favourite games, it has a good story, awesome characters, great graphics but nothing comes close to NG2. :D
JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts

I preferred NG2, but i have DMC4. Currently, i'm on human mode (NOOB ALERT) as Dante, getting my head around juggling as him. Nero seems way more intuative.

However, I'd defo reccomend DMC4, great game, and the cutscenes make me laugh! :D

pdizzel87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pdizzel87
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

I prefered the combat in NG2 it was more enjoyable and looked better in my opinion. Although if you are a fan of DMC n that kind of combat go for it. Although get ready to hate the main character, Nero, with a burning passion.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
both great slasher games, if u love mashing buttons doing endless moves killing endless amounts of people and nailing jumps bang on then get both coz they both top games in that style of game. i felt like ninja was the best out of the 2 but to be honest theys not much in it between either, both have they pros and cons in diff areas. worth getting both now they a year old and cheap
TheInvincible1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheInvincible1
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

It all dependson how difficult you want your game to be, I'm playing through warrior mode on NG2 at the moment (the second hardest difficulty) and I feel like it's harder than DMD mode on DMC 4 which I had a little trouble with but not nearly as much level restarting as NG. Also in DMC the most you'll be pitted against is 4 or 5 enemies at once and thats only in a couple parts of the game. In NG2 you'll constantly feel like your fighting a mob of enemies. Also whether you prefer gore or story. Ninja Gaidens story might as well not even have dialogue its literally not understandable the plot (if you can call it that...) is complete garbage. DMC 4 has a decent plot, it's still a bit on the cheesy side not as much so as DMC 3 but its definitely not as serious and badass as DMC 1 was. I'd say it's somewhere in between.

Bottom line is Ninja Gaiden has bloodier combat and sick fatalty moves.

Devil May Cry has the lovable Devil Trigger and Nero (whom I actually grew to like as a newcomer to the series) has the Devil Bringer which is also a blast to use. 

Difficulty-wise

NG2>>>DMC4

Plot-wise

DMC4>>>NG2

Boss Fights*

DMC4>>>>>>>>NG2

*Who wants a bunch of minions running around annoying the crap out of you while your trying to fight a boss? Plus NG2 bosses are wierd looking and often the size of many of the fiends you'll see throughout the levels. DMC has epic boss fights with enormous beautifully rendered bosses and its just plain fun, NG seems like I'm dreading the next boss fight more than I'm excited for it.

In the end the choice is yours, but just a little extra tid bit, the last weapon you get in DMC 4 (spoilers?????????) Lucifer was a big dissappointment to me, its just not that fun to try to string it in with the combos of the other two weapons. Ninja Gaiden has much more weapons than DMC and they are all melee and feel unique in their own ways.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
NG2 = Masterpiece!
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Ninja Gaiden II, DMC4 is plagued with backtracking from hell, but still a good game.
AlwaysHaveHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 AlwaysHaveHope
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
Ninja Gaiden II=1000x's better
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Devil May Cry 4. Ninja Gaiden 2 felt like it wasn't even finished. It was pathetic.