Next XBOX announcement on the 21st of May! Predictions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

The next xbox is coming! What can we expect? I am hoping for a new commitment to the core gamer with new games in old franchises and new franchises all together. Imagine if we get a new Fable that was as good as 1 or maybe even a good use of old Rare franchises. Halo 5 is probably a must. I am so excited!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub

jennycakes215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jennycakes215
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Excited but I'm going to remain calm and not expect much. I am really hoping that they put their focus on the core gamer, at least at the launch of the system. Banjo Kazooie was probably my favorite platformer of all time so I kind of wish they would reveal that but I doubt it. For now, they have my curiosity.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Alx1231

Excited but I'm going to remain calm and not expect much. I am really hoping that they put their focus on the core gamer, at least at the launch of the system. Banjo Kazooie was probably my favorite platformer of all time so I kind of wish they would reveal that but I doubt it. For now, they have my curiosity.

jennycakes215
The thing is, Sony has tipped their hand and now Microsoft has a chance to fix everything they got wrong with the PS4 reveal. It's Microsoft's to lose and I'm hoping they get their shit together.
IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I'm just hoping that constant need for an internet connection just to function is just a rumour. This should be an interesting reveal nonetheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

[QUOTE="jennycakes215"]

Alx1231

The thing is, Sony has tipped their hand and now Microsoft has a chance to fix everything they got wrong with the PS4 reveal. It's Microsoft's to lose and I'm hoping they get their shit together.

I dont understand why people say "I hope Microsoft gets their sh!t together", everything about the next Xbox has just been rumors.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

[QUOTE="jennycakes215"]

Alx1231

I am just really hoping that Microsoft focuses on games in this presentation.  They don't have a great track record as far as this goes.  That is something Sony did great with at there presentation.  They showed so much!

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

16 gb and a maxwell gpu....:D

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
At first, the xbox 360 was big on the games. It even got games like Tekken and Final Fantasy on the xbox which were once playstation exclusives. Over the past couple of years though, they shifted from bringing outstanding gaming titles (and once exclusive titles) to being more of a media hub. Also, they have put way too much emphasis on an inaccurate kinect. Kinect isn't for hardcore gamers. Some of the fans most favorite games released like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, Call of Duty titles, Gears of War, etc....use kinect rarely if any in their games. If Kinect is implemented in their games, its usually voice recognition than motion sensoring. For this, I would like to see them focus more on the games they are bringing than the system apps and Kinect 2.0. I'm a gamer first before netflix, youtube, and all other apps currently out for xbox 360. But my prediction will be the opposite of what I'm hoping.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

"Hello and welcome to the new XBOX! we know how bad it looks, yes the rumours are all true, so we give it some awful specs and will improve over time separately and cost you all even more money. Then we'll pretend we are still caring for our customers with a few minor improvements to the interface, but subliminally advertise our Windows 8 because so far the sales are hitting rock bottom." 

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

[QUOTE="Alx1231"][QUOTE="jennycakes215"]

Schreek

I am just really hoping that Microsoft focuses on games in this presentation.  They don't have a great track record as far as this goes.  That is something Sony did great with at there presentation.  They showed so much!

Except the Console. 

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

I'm just hoping that constant need for an internet connection just to function is just a rumour. This should be an interesting reveal nonetheless.

IPwnNooBs666

Nope, its real.Like the CEO said "Just deal with it."

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope they don't concentrate solely on kinect.

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

sukraj
Yes, a bit worrying.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

sukraj
same here
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

hope it doesnt have a retractable disc tray. Im sick of the problems they have

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

"Hello and welcome to the new XBOX! we know how bad it looks, yes the rumours are all true, so we give it some awful specs and will improve over time separately and cost you all even more money. Then we'll pretend we are still caring for our customers with a few minor improvements to the interface, but subliminally advertise our Windows 8 because so far the sales are hitting rock bottom."

WinsteadVolve

:P....that's cold man!!! Let's give MS the benefit of the doubt until we hear "OFFICIAL" words from them.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

BLAS1AN

Your kidding, my original elite is still working great. I have never had a problem with any tray loading drives in all the PCs I have owned, and I have owned a lot.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
They better not cal it 720. The name is stupid, and people that call it the 720 don't understand why they called it the xbox 360. The codename Durango is a better name than the 720.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

rrjim1

Your kidding, my original elite is still working great. I have never had a problem with any tray loading drives in all the PCs I have owned, and I have owned a lot.

I'm not refering to PCs. Just because you didnt have problems doesnt mean it didnt exist for other people. The disc trays in both my xboxs dont come out on every press of the button

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I wonder if it will be called the TripleX Box. I doubt it, but that would be funny.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I predict most will wait for the better versions to be released, preferably in black!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

IPwnNooBs666
I agree. I hope the features blow me away. PERIOD.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i think they will just call it Xbox
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
I expect awesome...

a new commitment to the core gamer with new games in old franchises and new franchises all together. Imagine if we get a new Fable that was as good as 1

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub

Alx1231
Plus what you said there.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
i think they will just call it XboxThe_Last_Ride
Again? No way.
TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

I cannot say I'm very excited. Interested in how this will play out, maybe, but definitely not getting my hopes up, especially with these awful rumors, most of which have been confirmed by trustworthy sources so far. Sorry, but I can live without another 8 years of Halo, Gears of War, Forza, getting my wallet milked, faulty motion control, and an always online console. It's sad that MS is supposedly going in this direction. 

PrinceRhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PrinceRhymz
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts
I predict an unholy release price and over priced accessories.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
Im not going to get into any real deep predictions as far as games go because there is simply too little known at this point. But here are some basics in my opinion... 1. Release will be the same week as PS4 to really stir up the hornets nest and make gamers choose. 2. I believe that their will be (2) SKU's like what has been speculated on. A $299 version that will make you pay the XBL subscription and possibly a different color. The other version will be $499 and will be more of an "all inclusive" package out the gate. 3. The controller will have similar fuctionality to what the PS4's has as far as the video uploads and some sort of touch screen/pad.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

It's 1 hour so don't expect too much.

I would guess 20 minutes on games: Forza 5, some sort of Halo (Wars 2, ODST 2, Halo 2 HD), 1 or 2 first party new IPs (maybe Rare & Black Tusk) at launch/launch window. Maybe a trailer for Call of Duty 18. Confirmation of Watch Dogs, AC4, BF4, etc. Their deal with EA wil be revealed- a new IP as a timed exclusive and timed exclusive DLC on all EA games for a year starting from launch.

15 minutes on Kinect 2.0.

15 minutes on new Dashboard, UI, achievements 2.0, new apps

10+ minutes to close things off by showing the console and new controller.

Price, launch date, BC and rumours of always online/no used games won't be touched upon.

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
Went to xbox720.com and it doesnt seem ms related. Xbox 362.com takes you to xbox.com. xbox infinty pictures are on the internet. Imo xbox 362 is fine and doesnt change much. 360 is a name to most people , not a meaning. Nobody thinks of its meaning.
alehsilvano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alehsilvano
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Longe eu tenho um código de cartão de pontos Microsoft e redimiu muito bem! Se você quiser ir para um freemspointsforever {d t} com
Alucard1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Alucard1475
Member since 2004 • 564 Posts

I predict it'll be called XBOX Infinity.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

I'm expecting 30min focused on more first person shooters, then taking about Kinect 2.0 and how advanced it is and how it's going to revolutionize everything, then a video of them playing a fps via Kinect.

Then they'll touch on Xbox Live and probably sneak in a $10 price increase. After that, they'll mention the always online as a way to seamlessly update games and the system in the background, while checking your games to make sure they're legitimate.

Really thought I just want to hear about Alan Wake 2, then RARE comes out and announces a Killler Instinct HD collection, all as launch games.

PrinceRhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PrinceRhymz
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts
They better not cal it 720. The name is stupid, and people that call it the 720 don't understand why they called it the xbox 360. The codename Durango is a better name than the 720.Rattlesnake_8
Hear hear
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]They better not cal it 720. The name is stupid, and people that call it the 720 don't understand why they called it the xbox 360. The codename Durango is a better name than the 720.PrinceRhymz
Hear hear

It's only a code name..

((Wikipedia Microsoft code names!!))

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

They better not cal it 720. The name is stupid, and people that call it the 720 don't understand why they called it the xbox 360. The codename Durango is a better name than the 720.Rattlesnake_8

Haha I know! Everytime I see someone write "Xbox 720" I shiver, its a horrible name.

Avatar image for CharlotteBronte
CharlotteBronte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CharlotteBronte
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I reckon we'll get to see the chassis - the actual case of the Xbox!
Avatar image for Saedius_Asicion
Saedius_Asicion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Saedius_Asicion
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

I wouldn't mind if they just called it Xbox. Infinity is decent as well. I would just prefer it to be the SeXbox.

jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

All I want is a better kinect system and lots more kinect games

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

[QUOTE="IPwnNooBs666"]

shadow_Metroid

Talk about spreading misinformation.. that guy was a moron and he was NOT the CEO of Microsoft. He just happened to be affiliated with them. And he was fired for acting like a prick. Stop putting so much emphasis on what rumors are saying. The reveal is 2 weeks away. How about everyone just relax and see for themselves what's going on before running their mouths and spreading false information.
Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Alx1231
[QUOTE="shadow_Metroid"]

[QUOTE="IPwnNooBs666"]

wwervin

Talk about spreading misinformation.. that guy was a moron and he was NOT the CEO of Microsoft. He just happened to be affiliated with them. And he was fired for acting like a prick. Stop putting so much emphasis on what rumors are saying. The reveal is 2 weeks away. How about everyone just relax and see for themselves what's going on before running their mouths and spreading false information.

He was definitely more than just an idiot affiliated with Microsoft. He was a creative director of Microsoft game studios, so he is definitely a reliable source. That being said, I wouldn't call him going off on his private twitter account as confirmation. It definitely worries me but it not anything close to confirmation.
vamroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 vamroc
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

[QUOTE="Alx1231"][QUOTE="jennycakes215"]

Gatman32

I dont understand why people say "I hope Microsoft gets their sh!t together", everything about the next Xbox has just been rumors.

Yes, they are just rumors but, "where there is smoke..." you often found a burning X-Box 360 (the first generation anyway) the big story over the weekend was that Microsoft is supposedly six months behind on dev. of launch titles. Plus the first piece of real news about the 360 was was that it had a feature the PS4 already announced some time ago that's NOT A GOOD SIGN I want to give the 720 (CHRIST what a lazy name for the next system) a chance but DAMN Miscrosoft is making that very hard right now.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I just hope we get some clarification on these always online/mandatory Kinect rumors. Microsoft's insistence on silence has been maddening lately, so if they would come out and say that these rumors are false I'd be happy. Any core exclusives would just be added bonuses at this point.

That being said, Microsoft needs to use this conference to show me that they're even close to the level of Sony right now. I have serious doubts about Microsoft's direction in this upcoming generation and I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

All I want is a better kinect system and lots more kinect games

jim1174
I think the kinect 2.0 is going to be very impressive
zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

If they make it gimmick central (Kinect, Smartglass, etc.), I'll be pretty dissappointed. If they announce games besides just Halo 5 that look good then I'll get pretty excited for it. Microsoft needs to prove that they still care about true gamers and not just people that like to dance in front of their tv.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

[QUOTE="Gatman32"]

[QUOTE="Alx1231"]The thing is, Sony has tipped their hand and now Microsoft has a chance to fix everything they got wrong with the PS4 reveal. It's Microsoft's to lose and I'm hoping they get their shit together.vamroc

Yes, they are just rumors but, "where there is smoke..." you often found a burning X-Box 360 (the first generation anyway) the big story over the weekend was that Microsoft is supposedly six months behind on dev. of launch titles. Plus the first piece of real news about the 360 was was that it had a feature the PS4 already announced some time ago that's NOT A GOOD SIGN I want to give the 720 (CHRIST what a lazy name for the next system) a chance but DAMN Miscrosoft is making that very hard right now.

Its rumors man, 720 is most likely not even its name. People read too heavily into rumors like a high school freshman girl.