Next Xbox 360 in 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Not long then!

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6341339/next-xbox-to-launch-in-2013-report?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B1

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Holiday 2013? That seems a little far for me ... I've been using my Xbox 360 for years and getting a little tired of it.

Was hoping for Holiday 2012. :(

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I'd be just fine using my 360 until at least 2015- that ten year development cycle Sony used to tout so highly would work well for this generation; letting this generation peak graphics-wise and hang there for a good long time so that by the time the new console hits people can be positively FLOORED.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
What I'm hoping is they release Halo 4 along with the new gen Xbox console, everything would just be so much better that way, but if they did decide on this then we'd have to wait one more year for halo, A shame, but I think would be worth it
SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts
What I'm hoping is they release Halo 4 along with the new gen Xbox console, everything would just be so much better that way, but if they did decide on this then we'd have to wait one more year for halo, A shame, but I think would be worth itxxKai
If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft didn't say that Halo 4 would be on 360, just that its set for a 2012 release. I highly doubt that MS would release a new console next year considering that the 360 still has some mileage on it, but that vague piece of info keeps me hopeful for a 2012 E3 surprise from Microsoft.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
These articles are no less speculation than everything else we've heard recently.
kaspar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 kaspar1313
Member since 2009 • 117 Posts

I can't wait.

I just imagine the GRAPHICS!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I'm going to wait for something a little more concrete before I start getting really excited, but honestly for me - the sooner the better!
PAPERWARIO89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 PAPERWARIO89
Member since 2011 • 128 Posts
Whats it gonna be now? AU?
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Unless it comes direct from microsoft, everything is just speculation
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

anyone can guesse this. factors

1: nintendo is releaseing theres next year microsoft must follow or be left in sales. Sony feels the same. Sony came out said they don't need release a new console but must follow the market or they be left out to.

2: 360 is getting old

3: 360 is holding devs back in some areas.

4: consoles are dipping but still up there.

5 heavy romurs been a 2012/2013 E3 annountment for a 2013 release

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

Kind of sucks just bought a 360 but maybe I'll be ready for a new one by then

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
360 is showing its age for sure. I Can't wait for a new one. I mean come on its been like what 5 years or so already.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
Eh, I'm not as excited as others are about it. Not saying the new xbox won't be good. It probably will be, but I almost never buy a console near its launch because of a few reasons. The first being the lack of games at launch. Look at the consoles launch library, not just for the 360 but the ps3 and 3ds, it's very weak. I can wait for the system to be out longer and perhaps after a price drop before I will buy the console. Developers need to "get the hang of it" when programming for the new console. Thereofore, some games do not take advantage of the limits of the system just yet. Secondly, hardware isn't 'perfected'. The newer versions of the consoles like PS3 slim and xbox 360 slim run much better with more memory than the older versions.
Fantomas7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fantomas7777
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I don't care when it comes out. Hopefully it'll be a while. As long as Zen keeps making great pinball tables for the marketplace who cares!! Pinball FX2 FOREVER!
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Terrible speculation.

MS themselves said it would be after 2013. Probably 2014-2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

And I really don't care when the new one is released as long as they allow me to keep uploading game to Xboxlig.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
I think youre getting ahead of yourself, this isnt and official announcement its manufacturers making a guess, likely as it seems its still just rumour and 2 years away is quite long
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Terrible speculation.

_TheJoker_
No. It'll be either 2012 or 2013. Most likely 2013 since M$ has already sent out pre-dev kits to major developers. I just hope them include lots of RAM and HDD space this time around. I'm expecting no less then 500GB drive and 2GB of system RAM and 1GB of VRAM.Hopefully they'll get the Intel I7+ or better processor in it. The system should smoke anything else on the market in 2013. I'm also hoping we can transfer all our data from the XBox 360 to the new XBox. That would be awesome.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

It is a lovely way to get everyone talking about xbox!

Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

1: nintendo is releaseing theres next year microsoft must follow or be left in sales. Sony feels the same. Sony came out said they don't need release a new console but must follow the market or they be left out to.

I have to disagree on number 1. The system that Nintendo is going to release is marginally if any better than the current 360 or Playstation 3. I doubt M$ has anything to fear from this release.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

I have to disagree on number 1. The system that Nintendo is going to release is marginally if any better than the current 360 or Playstation 3. I doubt M$ has anything to fear from this release.

you mean aside from nintendos track record of sellng 100's of millions of consoles? ....
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

Terrible speculation.

blackace
No. It'll be either 2012 or 2013. Most likely 2013 since M$ has already sent out pre-dev kits to major developers. I just hope them include lots of RAM and HDD space this time around. I'm expecting no less then 500GB drive and 2GB of system RAM and 1GB of VRAM.Hopefully they'll get the Intel I7+ or better processor in it. The system should smoke anything else on the market in 2013. I'm also hoping we can transfer all our data from the XBox 360 to the new XBox. That would be awesome.

well in November update 360 getting update for cloud saves... SO it can be done EASY. It's up to microsoft if they wish to make it work...
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

look at it now. Nintendo don't need power, They have never fought with power. Wii right now i can't imagine being any more powerful then the PS2 or first xbox YET They have sold twice has much as other consoles. SO your little theory fails
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

honestly what will be so good about the new one

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
I think 2012 is more realistic. EIther way I'm not buying the new Xbox until they fix the inevitable RROD
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I'm fine with this as long as everything transfers and we can play all our games/saves/dlc from our 360 on the next console.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

If it's going to be more powerful than the 360, than I see the new console going the 599$ retail route, much like the PS3.

If we're hoping for incredible specs, those specs come at an incredible price. In which case, I will pass.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
"If it's going to be more powerful than the 360..."MLBknights58
It better be :-| or else screw it, it would seem they switched tactics with Nintendo lol, Nintendo upped their system while Microsoft lowers theirs
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 k2theswiss

If it's going to be more powerful than the 360, than I see the new console going the 599$ retail route, much like the PS3.

If we're hoping for incredible specs, those specs come at an incredible price. In which case, I will pass.

MLBknights58
console sales isn't about making profit. it's the game sales and accessories that bring in the profit
greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
Even though I can't wait for the next Xbox, I rather it come out around 2014-2015 range. I love my Xbox 360 and the games that are coming out this year & next year is going to be really good, and awesome. That being said, I'm loving my games at the moment (Smackdown vs Raw games, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Halo 3, Halo Reach, etc).
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

k2theswiss

console sales isn't about making profit. it's the game sales and accessories that bring in the profit

How are they going to make profits off of games and accessories if noone is going to buy an overpriced console?

All I have to point to is the PS3 launch. Of course that thing turned out great, but the 599$ price tag didn't exactly spark a stampede of people to the store to buy it.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the games etc. profit making. I'm just worried about the initial price tag on the console. PS3 came out with the Blu-Ray and all that jazz and they had to make up for it with the hefty price tag. If the NextBox is coming out with even more impressive hardware get your wallet ready.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jurassic85

I have to disagree on number 1. The system that Nintendo is going to release is marginally if any better than the current 360 or Playstation 3. I doubt M$ has anything to fear from this release.ChristopherRage

Wrong, M$ has to worry about Nintendo stealing their fans. It's been a while since M$ released a console, and there are plenty ofpeople waiting for something new. Theoretically someone who owns an Xbox 360 might buy the Wii U and love it, then they might think they don't need the next Xbox when it comes out. Microsoft and Sony are worried that their fans might not have the patience to wait for the next consoles, so in that regard, yes they are worried. However we all know that the real next gen consoles will blow the Wii U out of the water. Regardless, if someone buys the Wii U in this economy they might not have money for another console.

Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"] I have to disagree on number 1. The system that Nintendo is going to release is marginally if any better than the current 360 or Playstation 3. I doubt M$ has anything to fear from this release.Jurassic85

Wrong, M$ has to worry about Nintendo stealing their fans. It's been a while since M$ released a console, and there are plenty ofpeople waiting for something new. Theoretically someone who owns an Xbox 360 might buy the Wii U and love it, then they might think they don't need the next Xbox when it comes out. Microsoft and Sony are worried that their fans might not have the patience to wait for the next consoles, so in that regard, yes they are worried. However we all know that the real next gen consoles will blow the Wii U out of the water. Regardless, if someone buys the Wii U in this economy they might not have money for another console.

I don't think M$ has to worry about Nintendo stealing fans. Nintendo made a wise decision by targeting a completely different demographic then any other console before by targeting families and casual gamers. However how many of those people are going to be looking to get another console? You may be right in the fact that M$ feels pressured, even if I disagree with you it is a pointless argument because only M$ knows how they feel. However, I don't think they have to worry about Nintendo stealing fans. I hate to say it but in my eyes Nintendo seems to be on the decline and I feel that eventually either Microsoft or Sony will surpass Nintendo as the "king of consoles" and this upcoming generation of consoles could be it.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"] I have to disagree on number 1. The system that Nintendo is going to release is marginally if any better than the current 360 or Playstation 3. I doubt M$ has anything to fear from this release.Jurassic85

Why would you say the "real" next gen consoles would destroy the Wii U? I think Nintendo could possibly do just as fantastic as they did this gen with the Wii U.

Elaborate a little more please? I'm intrigued.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jurassic85

Why would you say the "real" next gen consoles would destroy the Wii U? I think Nintendo could possibly do just as fantastic as they did this gen with the Wii U.

Elaborate a little more please? I'm intrigued.

MLBknights58

Its already been said. The Wii U is basically what the Wii should have been; a console with HD graphics third party support and good options for online play (friend lists, chat, better connection, etc). The issue is that nobody is going to buy a Nintendo product for third party games, I already have an established group of friends on my Xbox if I want to play CoD and whatnot. People who own an xbox or playstation will buy the respective next gen console because they have a friends list and gamerscore/trophies. I will probably get a Wii U for the exclusives, but Nintendo is essentially trying to cater to both groups now. They've gotta a family oriented fan base, and now they are added feature that the hardcore gamers want. I think its too little too late. I don't want a goofy controller, I just want to play games.

Besides I don't think that Nintendo is going to produce a bunch of family friendly shovelware with this console. Also its been said that the Wii U will only support one touch screen, how is that family friendly? Nintendo could lose buyers just over that. Not to mention that after the 3DS many will wait for a quick price drop before purchasing a console from them. All speculation of course.

I_Dunno_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_Dunno_U
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

I am doubtful it will be a big leap from what you see on your screens now, unfortunately have to wait til 2013 (?) to hook it up and find out.

I don't even like my box of X anymore, wonder if I'll like the one in 2013 or whenever.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

The leap from 360 to 720 should be just as big as previous generations as far as graphics go, as long as developers put the time, effort, and money into exploiting the hardware. (Spoiler: this is where the consumer gets raped with micro transactions like never before.)

But as for actual gameplay, it probably won't be much more advanced. If you're familiar with PCs and CPUs in particular you already know that due to thermal limits the 720 just can't be faster than 4GHz (for reference the 360 is 3.2GHz and the Xbox was 0.7GHz). What they'll probably do is just increase the core count from the 360's 3 to maybe 6 or 8. It's still something, but exploting all that power will be very tricky.

I_Dunno_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 I_Dunno_U
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

The leap from 360 to 720 should be just as big as previous generations as far as graphics go, as long as developers put the time, effort, and money into exploiting the hardware. (Spoiler: this is where the consumer gets raped with micro transactions like never before.)

But as for actual gameplay, it probably won't be much more advanced. If you're familiar with PCs and CPUs in particular you already know that due to thermal limits the 720 just can't be faster than 4GHz (for reference the 360 is 3.2GHz and the Xbox was 0.7GHz). What they'll probably do is just increase the core count from the 360's 3 to maybe 6 or 8. It's still something, but exploting all that power will be very tricky.

istuffedsunny

I wouldn't say that too quick, about another huge leap of gaming goodness. I see the next gen console being where mid-level PC is @ that date.

so maybe like 2013 mirange PC = next gen (fancy name) console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

Terrible speculation.

blackace

I never owned the original xbox. Wasn't that possible with the 360?

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Right on my prediction of a 2011 next gen handheld releases and followed up 2 years later in 2013 by next gen home consoles.I think it;s gonna be pretty much like this generation,with nintendo's console being the least powerful (although powerful by todays standards and more so than the 360/ps3) the next xbox being 2nd powerful and sony's console being no.1 powerful
ThatTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ThatTheory
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
2013 sounds like a good year for them to release a new system, it will be interesting to see how they will improve the Xbox.
TitanVex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TitanVex
Member since 2011 • 70 Posts

That makes sense actually. There have been some fantastic games that are utilizing the hardware to the fullest potential lately. They will wait until all of that juice is squeezed out and exploited before they fast forward to the next console.

HornyChunLi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HornyChunLi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
2015 - 2016 would be just right. Xbox 360 & PS3 have just begin to show their true potential. Games like "MW3" & "BF3" releasing soon, I can't think of how far limits in these "FPS" (first person shooters) will change a regular gaming session into a theatrical experience. "SAINTS ROWS: THE 3RD", "ELDER SCROLLS: SKYRIM" & all the other releases coming out soon will be kicking down doors with new potential to show the gaming world, what these consoles can really do. Exclusive titles for Xbox 360, like: "HALO 3", "GOW2", "MASS EFFECT 1 & 2" & so on, were stepping stones to strengthen the 360. The sequels will improve tremendously, pushing the 360 to the next level of "WOW!!!", "HOLY S@#$!!", "THIS IS AWAZING!!!!!", "THIS ISN'T A GAME, ITS GOT TO BE REAL!!" etc. The only game on the 360, that have successfully used a graffiti spray can & literally sprayed a big black "X" across the "MATURE 17+" rating & used a white graffiti can & sprayed "AO" is "RUMBLE ROSES DOUBLE X". Better than porn! "RR3" plz GOD plz.