Newbie on Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Hi peeps,

A long while ago I had a 360, but got a bit bored with gaming believe it it or not. Now this coming Thursday I am getting myself a Xbox one. I have settled on a package that includes GTA V, plus Ori and the Blind Forrest. Not sure it that is my thing though. In your opinions, do I plump for Destiny, or get the Master Chief package. Enjoyed playing Reach on the 360, so would not mind another run through. So old against new, what do you peeps that have played both think. I do like the look of Destiny, but the reviews have seen are not overly enthusiastic. Opinions welcomed :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Destiny was one of the WORST investments I´ve made, MCC is a much better option in my opinion, the only bad thing about it is that the multiplayer is still somewhat broke.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Transk53

@raugutcon: Really. Damn, I that perhaps Destiny may have just been one of those not liked by critics type of thing.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

Pick up yourself Titanfall,Halo:MCC,and I heard Dying Light was a great buy.Good Luck to you.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Sunset Overdrive gets overlooked alot. I'm pretty sure you can find it for pretty cheap so give it a look.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

I only own Titanfall for my Xbox One although I have an EA Access account which Titanfall has just become available on. I recommend EA Access because once you pay for membership (it can be monthly or pay £20 for the whole year) you can download any games in the vault and play them as much as you like. At the moment the choice is a little limited but if you like sports games FIFA, NBA and NHL are all there as are Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Battlefield 4 and NFS: Rivals.

I'm not sure if Halo MCC has Reach but if you liked reach and haven't played the other Halo games then definitely go for that.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Ignore Destiny. The game isn't very good, and you're going to be well behind every player who's had this game since release.

Halo: MCC has a lot of value, especially now that you can find it for <$30.

Depending on what kind of games you like, I'd recommend Alien Isolation, Dragon Age Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, Shadow of Mordor, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein.

I'd start with the older games first, because those will be the cheapest.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Comic_Capers said:

I only own Titanfall for my Xbox One although I have an EA Access account which Titanfall has just become available on. I recommend EA Access because once you pay for membership (it can be monthly or pay £20 for the whole year) you can download any games in the vault and play them as much as you like. At the moment the choice is a little limited but if you like sports games FIFA, NBA and NHL are all there as are Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Battlefield 4 and NFS: Rivals.

I'm not sure if Halo MCC has Reach but if you liked reach and haven't played the other Halo games then definitely go for that.

Reach was left out from the collection but you can download ODST for free.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Transk53

Thanks for the replies. At the moment I don't think multiplayer will be possible due to being a lodger and sharing the Virgin 2G connection. Quite a few devices at same time usually, so don't want to see any throttling or capping. With the patch that evidently has arrived, I'll probably go more for the old titles, as I to be a retro anyway. GTA V as a must, but I will pay careful consideration to the above titles.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@jdfan56k said:

Sunset Overdrive gets overlooked alot. I'm pretty sure you can find it for pretty cheap so give it a look.

Yeah Sunset always seems to be skipped over in conversations... it's an awesome game!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@Comic_Capers said:

Reach was left out from the collection but you can download ODST for free.

I thought Halo:ODST was free for the people who bought Halo:MCC day 1,well at least I thought it was.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@brimmul777: Correct, it was free to those who bought the MCC around launch. To everyone else I believe it costs around $5 to buy ODST.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Transk53

Hopefully Reach will work on the One. Never been a huge fan of Halo. In fact when I had my Xbox Crystal, or Crystal Xbox, I did not get Halo, or the following. Reach was my first purchase. I did have a go at the the 3rd one I think on a friends machine. Have I missed out? Anyway, getting the One on Thursday for £250 + the new Batman title. Pretty good, but somwhat silly when the console alone as bought is £300.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Transk53

Sunset Overdrive looks like a lot of fun. Added to the list for sure. Those poor teddy bears lol.