New Update on Monday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edot0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Edot0
Member since 2006 • 1298 Posts
Does anyone know what this update is going to be? thanks.
Edot0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Edot0
Member since 2006 • 1298 Posts

update for xbl sorry for double post.

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Its not an update, its just maintenance.
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
Is it the fall update?
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts

Is it the fall update?Conroi58

No

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
That's in November.
GORDONA3RIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GORDONA3RIP
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
it is a xbl update that will be bringing miis to xbl no joke
blankminded34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blankminded34
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts

no people its just maintenance stop lieing to yourselves and stay calm.

unless you don't have a life outside of XBL then this should be pretty smooth

maywoodred25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 maywoodred25
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I kno its not the full update, but it seems odd that the profiles cant be accessed which gives me the impression that the avatars might be added by the time it gets back online idk tho im not an expert in any means
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts

How come the message they sent me said they were adding new features to enhance my Xbox experience? that doesn't sound like maintenance to me.

Can anyone from the States tell me how long untill Live is back up, because I live in Australia.

X_gamer_god_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 X_gamer_god_X
Member since 2005 • 1263 Posts
Hey guys! Don't be so pessimistic, MS never officialy announced the update coming in Nov. Those were just speculations. For all we know it could be tommarrow. Might not be. Who knows for sure.
Avatar image for ihavecrackdown5
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ihavecrackdown5
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Hey guys! Don't be so pessimistic, MS never officialy announced the update coming in Nov. Those were just speculations. For all we know it could be tommarrow. Might not be. Who knows for sure.X_gamer_god_X
They announced that it's just maitenance. Don't get your hopes up because MS said that the fall update's coming in late fall. Is September late fall? No.
X_gamer_god_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 X_gamer_god_X
[QUOTE="X_gamer_god_X"]Hey guys! Don't be so pessimistic, MS never officialy announced the update coming in Nov. Those were just speculations. For all we know it could be tommarrow. Might not be. Who knows for sure.ihavecrackdown5
They announced that it's just maitenance. Don't get your hopes up because MS said that the fall update's coming in late fall. Is September late fall? No.

Just because they said it is in late fall, doesn't mean it has to come in late fall. Same with "maitnence." They could suprise us! And if they don't, well that sucks...
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
if they do suprise us I think the entire service would go crazy loll and it would probably need maintenance again
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ihavecrackdown5
[QUOTE="ihavecrackdown5"][QUOTE="X_gamer_god_X"]Hey guys! Don't be so pessimistic, MS never officialy announced the update coming in Nov. Those were just speculations. For all we know it could be tommarrow. Might not be. Who knows for sure.X_gamer_god_X

Just because they said it is in late fall, doesn't mean it has to come in late fall. Same with "maitnence." They could suprise us! And if they don't, well that sucks...

Sorry, for me, surprises don't come easy in life. And plus, would MS ever lie to us (ok, maybe they would, but you know what I mean)?
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 leperphiliac
[QUOTE="X_gamer_god_X"]Hey guys! Don't be so pessimistic, MS never officialy announced the update coming in Nov. Those were just speculations. For all we know it could be tommarrow. Might not be. Who knows for sure.ihavecrackdown5

Well the message they sent to me through Xbox live said they were adding new features, it didn't say anything about maintenance, they are probably adding little feature before hand then realease the full thing later in fall.
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ihavecrackdown5
if they do suprise us I think the entire service would go crazy loll and it would probably need maintenance again nhlkiller
Ah, that brings back memories. Does 'Maintenance for GTA IV' sound familiar?
X_gamer_god_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X_gamer_god_X

Sorry, for me, surprises don't come easy in life. And plus, would MS ever lie to us (ok, maybe they would, but you know what I mean)

It would still be pretty cool if they did have it ready...

ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ihavecrackdown5

Sorry, for me, surprises don't come easy in life. And plus, would MS ever lie to us (ok, maybe they would, but you know what I mean)

X_gamer_god_X
Yea. But don't get your hopes up.
maywoodred25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maywoodred25
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="X_gamer_god_X"]

ihavecrackdown5

Yea. But don't get your hopes up.

Im gonna hope as much and as high as i want and i kno itll be there just like presents on christmas morning

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts
My 360 got RROD, when I get it back on Friday (hopefully) will it have already updated or will I need to update it again on my hard drive?
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nhlkiller
I think too many ppl are really expecting it to be tomorro I'm not saying that its not possible but if it doesn't come tomorrow don't hate Microsoft or don't start crying over it...just be patient
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ihavecrackdown5
Why can't you guys just understand that it's maintenance? Even Major Nelson said that it's just maintenance, nothing else.
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leperphiliac
Why can't you guys just understand that it's maintenance? Even Major Nelson said that it's just maintenance, nothing else.ihavecrackdown5
Not saying your wrong but can I have a link to him saying that.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nhlkiller
Why can't you guys just understand that it's maintenance? Even Major Nelson said that it's just maintenance, nothing else.ihavecrackdown5

Most people aren't reading what he said or haven't read the Xbox Live Message saying its down for maintenance...they just have to wait until tomorro to realize it was just maintenance
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ihavecrackdown5
[QUOTE="ihavecrackdown5"]Why can't you guys just understand that it's maintenance? Even Major Nelson said that it's just maintenance, nothing else.leperphiliac
Not saying your wrong but can I have a link to him saying that.

I just saw it on the G4TV website, but it's not up anymore. But I swear I read the story and that's what he said.
X_gamer_god_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X_gamer_god_X
If the update isn't up tommarrow then I will move on, but until then I am hoping it is. Just because they say it's maintnence, doesn't mean it is.
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 leperphiliac
I don't know who to trust? why would they send me a message to my account exactly saying they were updating the Xbox to bring me exiting new features, maybe they are bringing in some small things?
Zevicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zevicus
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts
yes
ihavecrackdown5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ihavecrackdown5
I don't know who to trust? why would they send me a message to my account exactly saying they were updating the Xbox to bring me exiting new features, maybe they are bringing in some small things?leperphiliac
Correction. They said that they would do maintenance to bring you exciting new features.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
well its coming soon
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Does anyone know what this update is going to be? thanks.Edot0
It's not a update its maintenance to prep the servers for when the New Xbox Experience is released.

It's to prep for the fall update, however I doubt we will see the fall update when servers are back online, its possible, but don't get your hopes up on something that might not happen til November.

supersonicsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 supersonicsoul
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Its just maintance...read your dashboard
drumbum06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 drumbum06
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

FROM MAJORNELSON.COM

Reminder: Xbox Live Service Maintenance digg_url = 'http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/09/28/reminder-xbox-live-service-maintenance.aspx'; digg_skin = 'compact';

As I mentioned earlier in the week, tomorrow(Monday, 9/29/2008) from 12:01 AM PST for up to 24 hours, Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, Xbox LIVE and the 'My Xbox' section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won't be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available with limited interruptions. When the service returns, you will not have any new features and you will not have thenew Xbox experience update. That will happen later this Fall. I will update my Twitter when the service returns.

sooo everyone needs to shut up. its obviously, 100% clear that this is NOT the fall update.

jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

How come the message they sent me said they were adding new features to enhance my Xbox experience? that doesn't sound like maintenance to me.

Can anyone from the States tell me how long untill Live is back up, because I live in Australia.

leperphiliac
yup ur right, it said that same thing to me, and i live in california
Motley--Crue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Motley--Crue
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
WOW, just as I was about to ask if anyone actually read and understands the msg MS sent out, I see the last post. (might be a bit back now but w/e) IUt said that the were PREPARING for the XBOX Experience. So it doesn't sound like it'll be there when you turn on your 360 tomorrow, your just building yourselves up to be shot down then you'll be on here tomorrow whining. So yeah pretty much its just MAINTENANCE.

But who knows maybe i'll be shocked and turn on my 360 the next time and there it is, I dunno but untill then I ain't worried about it!!! Peace
jblazesolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jblazesolid
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
its kinda of weird thatd it be down all day if it werent a significant change, having said that dont i think the new xbow live exprience is what this isall about.... but we'll have to
jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

If the update isn't up tommarrow then I will move on, but until then I am hoping it is. Just because they say it's maintnence, doesn't mean it is. X_gamer_god_X
????? WHAT??? u make no freakin sense. You just said "even if THEY said its maintnence doesn;t mean its is. Dude if they said its maintnence than it is!!!!

:shock:

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
no, its just maintence for prep for the fall update which a lot of people have siad will be coming out in nov. but who knows but microsoft, i don't think a update would take 24 hours for a update.
jordis5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jordis5
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts

Its not an update, its just maintenance.69ANT69

yeah what 69ANT69 said