New survival horror game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

I've just bought an Xbox One and I'm looking into getting my first game for it as I got it second hand and no games came bundled with it.

Currently I've been playing lots of third-person sandbox games, FPSs and drivers and I would like something a little different to get started on Xbox One. I haven't been into the survival horror genre much but I am really into the Dead Space series and was wondering what's the most similar title to DS available on XbOne? I have heard mixed things about The Evil Within and Dying Light but what would people recommend to me as a similar titles? Are demos available for such titles?

Thanks

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Id recommend getting the evil within or alien isolation. Moreso evil within for me personally but as you are into dead space you may prefer alien. You can also watch videos or trailers on both to see what you prefer but there are no demos unfortunately. Actually id include resident evil 1 and resident evil revelations 2. Resident evil 1 i just played 2 play throughs probably my 5th time beating it, excellent game, highly recommended

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

The only horror game I have on Xbox One is Dying Light and I find that game has it's scares moments, especially when your playing the game at nightfall. There's also Resident Evil HD on Xbox One and Resident Evil [the first one on PS1] still holds true to it's roots on Horror, ammo scarce, and fetch quest.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

You have a lot of choices on Xbox One if you're into survival horror. As a big fan of the genre and of the Dead Space series myself, I was pretty impressed with this gen's offerings so far.

Alien Isolation is fantastic, and captures the movie feel perfectly, however it is very different from Dead Space as it relies more on stealth mechanics. The Resident Evil(Revelations mostly) titles are probably closer to Dead Space in terms of gameplay. You may also want to try the Metro(remasters) titles if you have not done so already. With the appropriate difficulty settings, they are great survival horror games.

You also have games such as State of Decay(sandbox survival horror) and Slender:The Arrival. I have not yet had the chance to play Slender, but I will very soon, as I've heard overall positive feedback about it, and it is advertised as a survival horror game.

Lastly, there is an older indie game called Outlast, and it's one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. You do not even have weapons, and must instead run, hide or use stealth to deal with the enemies. Many of these games are fps games so it may not be what you are looking for but they are survival horror.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions people. I have played Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on DS so I have played the original Resident Evil, is there a version of RE2 available for Xbox (360 or One)?
My brother played the first Metro 2033 game and said it was really good, I never got round to playing it for 360 but I'll have to give Metro Redux a shot as I can find it pretty cheap and comes with both games in one.