new ace combat demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

GO PLAY IT, if you liked the old ones or didnt, still try it out, they revamped the whole thing with the way you can lock into a dog fight and fly all the way down between buildings is awesome . they let you try out a plane and heli mission, the heli is kinda weird at first but once i changed the camera view it felt pretty good and i really got into the game trying to protect a delta team and some black hawks that were in the misson. cant wait for this game to come out.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i added to my quee from the website. havnt yet turned on my xbox. but i do want to play it.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

It was amazing, and I hated the demo for Ace Combat 6. I'll definately get this game at some point.

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombieseesmeat
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
I liked it, and I reccomend it
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.. Ace Combat is nice diversion from all the similar titles..
Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts

Thanks for letting me know it's up. I'll have to go on XBL and add it to queue but will try it out when I get home...

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Yeah I liked the demo. A little on the easy side though. But if it was too hard I'd be less likely to get it. Ace Combat 6 was great except the length of missions. This one is not really like any ace combat, but still seems like at least a fun rental.

jamminjosh523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 jamminjosh523
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Really cool demo, and im totally getting it!!
Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thuganomic05

Pretty fun, there were some parts that were overly easy and some that were a little difficult. I found the jet demo side to be a little harder, flying in circles to try and see the enemy over and over. The helicopter side was really easy.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I don't want to seem like the locomotive on the hate-train here, but the demo made me grind my teeth- the chopper handles like something out of Mercenaries or Saint's Row- the chopper in GTA4 was more realistic, for cryin' out loud! And the jet fighting- what is with the Dogfight thing? I mean, I suppose it's pretty cool with the cinematic bits, like flying between buildings and such, but the inability to take out the enemy "ace pilots" except in dogfight mode, where your jet very nearly flies itself is ridiculous. It reminds me of why I haven't seriously played a jet fighter since Ace Combat 2 on Playstation or Airforce Delta on Dreamcast. What a waste. Well, here's to hoping the 3DS Ace Combat will be worthwhile.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts

Ya, I wasn't all that impressed with the flying of the helicopter or jets.. Dogfight mode is just an autopilot function..

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thuganomic05
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I don't want to seem like the locomotive on the hate-train here, but the demo made me grind my teeth- the chopper handles like something out of Mercenaries or Saint's Row- the chopper in GTA4 was more realistic, for cryin' out loud! And the jet fighting- what is with the Dogfight thing? I mean, I suppose it's pretty cool with the cinematic bits, like flying between buildings and such, but the inability to take out the enemy "ace pilots" except in dogfight mode, where your jet very nearly flies itself is ridiculous. It reminds me of why I haven't seriously played a jet fighter since Ace Combat 2 on Playstation or Airforce Delta on Dreamcast. What a waste. Well, here's to hoping the 3DS Ace Combat will be worthwhile.

True - the chopper handling was atrocious.
theride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theride
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

Liked it alot :)

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points