Need help with NAT moderate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killabblazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killabblazed
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I found out why NAT was strict. Now I fixed that and it says its moderate. I cant play gears 2 online and it sucks. Can anyone help me.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

www.portforward.com

Get a static IP with their tutorials. Make sure you choose the right router that you have.

Once you've created a static IP, You can start un-blocking ports and most definitely fix the issue your having.

killabblazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killabblazed
I opened ports and now the DNS fails?
Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

I used to have to do that port forward crap with my befsr41 linksys. We have two 360s, and only one could ever get an open NAT at a time via port forward. 'Bout 3 months ago I got a linksys wrt54gl, and even though it's a wireless brand, we still use the ethernet cords. Anyway, it gives both 360s a NAT of open without the port forwarding process. We can even remove the ethernet cords from the 360s and attach them to PS3s, and they will also have an open NAT (or type 2 for psn).

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reubendarosa

I used to have to do that port forward crap with my befsr41 linksys. We have two 360s, and only one could ever get an open NAT at a time via port forward. 'Bout 3 months ago I got a linksys wrt54gl, and even though it's a wireless brand, we still use the ethernet cords. Anyway, it gives both 360s a NAT of open without the port forwarding process. We can even remove the ethernet cords from the 360s and attach them to PS3s, and they will also have an open NAT (or type 2 for psn).

Rock-City

Yeah, If you have a good router that's able to do that, It's so much easier.

As for the DNS failing. Try power cycling your modem and router and shut off your 360. Then re-try it.

killabblazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killabblazed
ok thanks you for your help
meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meissler
I I'm having the same problem, but I don't use a router. I plug my ethernet cord in directly from my DSL box. Any clue what to do? Thanks so much.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 reubendarosa
Restart your DSL modem after unplugging the Ethernet cord from your computer. Hopefully that'el work. What error are you getting though? DNS error or IP?
meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meissler

Restart your DSL modem after unplugging the Ethernet cord from your computer. Hopefully that'el work. What error are you getting though? DNS error or IP?reubendarosa

The NAT just says "moderate" when I test my connection.  I tried restarting my router, unplugging everything and whatnot but to no avail.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 reubendarosa
Who's your internet service provider?
meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meissler

Who's your internet service provider?reubendarosa

They're called Hotwire.. piece of crap.  They're very incompetent there.  I called them in the summer about DNS servers and they were dicks.  It's weird though, I could play on live and NAT was open until yesterday and I didn't change a thing.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 reubendarosa
Okay, Well I'm not a techy or anything, I've just been searching along google while trying to help you out. All I've found is that sometimes DSL modems may do that with your 360 and create that conflict. The main question is. Are you noticing any difference in lag or connection problems while playing on LIVE? Even though it says Moderate?
meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meissler

Okay, Well I'm not a techy or anything, I've just been searching along google while trying to help you out. All I've found is that sometimes DSL modems may do that with your 360 and create that conflict. The main question is. Are you noticing any difference in lag or connection problems while playing on LIVE? Even though it says Moderate?reubendarosa

Oh big time, that's why it came up in the first place.  I try to play NHL 09 but can never connect with anyone else.  I actually connected to one game this morning but the connection was crappy and I got booted halfway through the game.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 reubendarosa

Yeah, That's really weird. I'm just curious why you're on DSL anyway? Cable is out for the same price and gives better performance. Not telling you to change your service but it might be a good idea.

Call Hotwire's Customer Service and ask them about this problem. Maybe even changing or upgrading the modem would fix this issue?

meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 meissler

Yeah, That's really weird. I'm just curious why you're on DSL anyway? Cable is out for the same price and gives better performance. Not telling you to change your service but it might be a good idea.

Call Hotwire's Customer Service and ask them about this problem. Maybe even changing or upgrading the modem would fix this issue?

reubendarosa

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it's Cable or DSL but for some reason I think it's DSL.  I can't get any other internet in here because the landlord kicks people off if they try to come in here and install other providers (I swear it's illegal yet no one listens to me).  By change/upgrade the modem, do you mean ask them for a new one or go buy a modem from Best Buy or something?

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reubendarosa
I mean, Ask them for a new one, Replace the current one you have. Maybe a newer modem won't have as much security issues with the 360.
Seemore10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Seemore10
Member since 2005 • 973 Posts
I went through hell trying to get my NAT open in 2006. It took a long an frustrating time to get my ports forwarded and everything working well.
meissler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meissler

I mean, Ask them for a new one, Replace the current one you have. Maybe a newer modem won't have as much security issues with the 360. reubendarosa

Will do, thanks for the help