need help from someone who knows about display settings!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hadisami8
Member since 2009 • 548 Posts

basically i just got tekken 6 today and i cant see the button cooridnations on the command list ( too small) and my display setting is only on 480 p or something like that. i try switching to 780 ( or something ) and the screen goes blank. then on one of the wires that connects to the xbox i switch the tv button to HDTV and guess what, the screen goes blank. so do i need a HD cable or something like that??????

PLEASE HELP:(

I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts

First of all, do you have an HDTV or an SDTV? You can't up your settings to HD and 720p if you have an SDTV.

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
It's probably because you do not have a HDTV, I highly suggest investing in one, they are pretty cheap. (I got a Vizio 1080p 37 Inch for $500)... Developers are making text virtually unreadable on SDTV...Sorry.
hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hadisami8

uh , im not sure , its a panosonic viera....

gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts

i have an older HDTV that doesn't do 720p, but it works just fine with 1080i for some reason.

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hadisami8

the thing i want to know is , when i switch the cable from TV to HDTV the screen goes blank. what can i do to change this

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hadisami8

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-HDMI-Cable/dp/B000VUVCK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279997185&sr=8-2 would this help?

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

the thing i want to know is , when i switch the cable from TV to HDTV the screen goes blank. what can i do to change this

hadisami8

well you need to change which of the connectors on the end of the cable are connected to the tv before you switch the switch from TV th HDTV or it wont work, so thats why the screen is going blank

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hadisami8

so you mean the red,blue and green wires? and if so were do i put which one in the red yellow and white holes?

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoDzombie

so you mean the red,blue and green wires? and if so were do i put which one in the red yellow and white holes?

hadisami8

yeah those wires, but they dont go into the same holes the old cables were in

somewhere on the back of ur tv (if its HD) there should be 5 holes together going from left to right - red, white, red, blue, green

the first red and white holes take the original red and white wires that you have had already plugged in, then the 3 others take the new cables of the same colour as they are, and the yellow cable now doesnt get plugged in anywhere

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hadisami8

thanks , although i cant check begind the tv right now , but if it hasent got these holes will i be able to do anything to see the command list properly

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoDzombie

thanks , although i cant check begind the tv right now , but if it hasent got these holes will i be able to do anything to see the command list properly

hadisami8

probably not unfortunately, not without upgrading to an HDTV anyway

its worth mentioning that once you have set it up this way the xbox will be on a different channel than it was before, also onc you have the wires swithched over remember to have the switch on the cable set to HDTV or it wont work

you are probably also gonna want to adjust the display settings on the xbox once you have done this in order to get the best picture

but yeah just post again here if you have any problems i will keep an eye on this thread and do my best to answer

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hadisami8

thanks alot , youve been a real help , i cant check the back of my tv now but i will be either later on tonight or mabye even tommorow ( not likely ) and thanks again for helping

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hadisami8

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! i put the HD plugs in their holes and now the xbox has HD! its soo amazing!! i can see the text clearly now and all my other games look sooooo much better and all thanks to you!thank you so much for your help

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hadisami8

oh wait!!! one more thing , the games arent making any sound. theres no sound coming through so its like playing on mute!

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoDzombie

oh wait!!! one more thing , the games arent making any sound. theres no sound coming through so its like playing on mute!

hadisami8

not sure why you would have no sound, are you sure all the cables are in the correct places?

the first two in the group of five, the red (first red) and the white are the two audio cables, are you sure they are in the correct place?

the 3rd,4th,5th cables, red (second red) blue and green are the HD picture so they must be fine

are all five cables plugged in right beside each other, cause they should be in a row of 5 going red, white, red, blue, green

hadisami8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hadisami8

ah , i only had the three HD wires plugged in but then there was a section on the back of my TV called component audio and i plugged the red and white plugs in there thanks again for being such a big help

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NoDzombie

no problem, glad everything is sorted now