Need Fun co-op game, but not a typical shooter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zevicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zevicus
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

Me and my friend are looking for a new fun co-op game to play either on the 360. So far we've pretty much already played the popular ones such as Gears of war, halo 3, army of two, etc.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
Rainbow Six has co-op modes. I guess that's more of a popular one, but you didn't list it.
tdavis20050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tdavis20050
Member since 2005 • 354 Posts
Earth defense force. It is one of those games that is awesome to play with a friend, and i'll bet you get it pretty cheap used.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts

Earth defense force. It is one of those games that is awesome to play with a friend, and i'll bet you get it pretty cheap used.tdavis20050

I was going to recommend the same game - Earth Defense Force 2017. Heck, be cool if there was a listing of what games had split screen multiplayer.

KILLANINJADUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KILLANINJADUCK
Member since 2007 • 762 Posts
the outfit is pretty fun game
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts

The Outfit, an older game (so real cheap), works well with co-op and 2 player. It's mainly a multiplayer game in the style of Battlefield 1942, but it's more strategy than typical shooter (also third person).

With most shooter games, if you player 1 vs 1 split screen, it's boring due to huge maps, hardly find each other, and never any bot options to fill it out. While this game you have bots you control. You start off with like 4 or so by your side that follow you. Get in a car, they all climb in with you. Your focus is to not exactly hunt down your friend, but to capture areas for more points, or more in game optoins. Like you need control of one building to order a tank to be dropped in. A tower for airstrikes and so on.

You may ask how you hold those areas with only 1 vs 1. Well, you can order stationary guns and artillery, and when they are dropped, a new bot soldier also arrives and auto mans the gun, but you can choose to use it to. So, you can quickly setup guns and other items to protect that spot. In no time the entire map is a huge battlefield with only 1 vs 1.

The graphics are decent, it's get a lot of desctruction. Tons of vehicles. The campaign is like a linear version of the maps, but with more of a real setting that you go through. You play co-op and it's nothing but fun destruction as you progress.

Just don't expect a Call of Duty type game. It's more arcade like with what I think is fun simple gameplay for multiplayer. And since it's probably in the bargain bin, it should be that bad to pick up for something different.

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
Also, I'm not very social in online games, hardly play them. But when outfit was new, I found it fun because I think it was literally 2vs2. But keep in mind that was hectic already with 1vs1. And since it was only one other person on your team, it was easy to communicate and plan things out without choas, as long as the enemy didn't capture a tower and used credits to purchase spying and hear everything you and your teammate say.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
deactivated-5ba32555a6c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts
assualt heros 2 just came out i would try the trial the game is not bad for ten bucks just beat it in hard mode with my friend a few hours ago they got rid of a the lagg that was in the first one
gamergeek545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 gamergeek545
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts
the outfit is pretty fun gameKILLANINJADUCK
That is what I was thinking.I loved that game.
KILLANINJADUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KILLANINJADUCK
Member since 2007 • 762 Posts
its an awesome game noone plays it that much anymore
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a good co-op game and it also has a good story and is longer than a shooter, so you'll get more out of it.
Zevicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zevicus
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

Is rainbow 6 split screnn multiplayer?

i was thinking about trying assault heroes