NCAA Football 08 is horrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 callofdutyzzz
Member since 2006 • 1829 Posts
ncaa football 08 is one of the worst football games ever made. Its horrible i feel sorry for the people who bought it.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

May I ask how? I happen to think it's the best football game since the 05's. NCAA > All Pro. The only thing NCAA lacks is atmosphere in-game imo.

Jareally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Jareally
Member since 2007 • 339 Posts
i have yet to play it and i was thinking about getting it for my birthday now i am confused
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
NCAA and 2k are both good football this year IMO
Franchise2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Franchise2k6
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts
hey i got both NCAA and APF, and NCAA is way better.. It seems like you don't even have NCAA..
callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 callofdutyzzz
Franchise I do have NCAA, I have 800 Achievement points in it!
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
It's obvious this guy is trolling and trying to piss off people who like NCAA by saying All-Pro is better. Just ignore him and leave this thread alone.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kozzy1234
Hey Yoshi.. you wanna have a game of NCAA later? ive onlyhad one online game after playing some singleplayer and i was whoopin the guy online 21-0 and he quit haha,poor loser, im not even that good :P
callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 callofdutyzzz
OMG I do have it, click on my sig thing and scroll down, its on it!
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kozzy1234
If you have NCAA 07 and 08 then you will relize its alot better hten last years game... ALOT better IMO. the framerate seems alot better this year along with the controls on defense. IMO
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

hey i got both NCAA and APF, and NCAA is way better.. It seems like you don't even have NCAA.. Franchise2k6

I love your sig man lol

MassEffector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MassEffector
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="Franchise2k6"]hey i got both NCAA and APF, and NCAA is way better.. It seems like you don't even have NCAA.. raylewisnfl52

I dun see his sig.

I love your sig man lol

callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 callofdutyzzz

True, but I believe that 2K made an excellent game this year. I mean NCAA is fun and awesome, but I believe 2K did a better job this year. The tackling animations and such look awesome on All-Pro compared to NCAA.

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
I think the graphics need a lot of improvement in all of the football games currently out. They stiil look like they always have. Let's see some next-gen action!!!
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Wow, you have 153 games...shouldn't be too hard to find something else in your stash to play.....
ChadFromCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChadFromCanada
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts
I played the demo and instantly hated the way running felt, both on running plays and on kick returns. It's so different from NCAA 07 and Madden 07. It feels like you have no weight or momentum when you run.
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

True, but I believe that 2K made an excellent game this year. I mean NCAA is fun and awesome, but I believe 2K did a better job this year. The tackling animations and such look awesome on All-Pro compared to NCAA.

callofdutyzzz

You go from saying NCAA is horrible, to it's "fun and awesome". I haven't played APF but it isn't getting as good of reviews as NCAA. NCAA is dope but they could use better player models, sound and atmosphere. The APF graphics look lame, but I see it offers leagues and tournaments like the other 2k games and hear the gameplay is pretty nice. I'll be getting it from gamefly in a couple days.

Avatar image for filipinothunder
filipinothunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 filipinothunder
Member since 2006 • 470 Posts
NCAA Football 2008 is great. Deep dynasty, and campus legend mode.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jacksheets

ncaa football 08 is one of the worst football games ever made. Its horrible i feel sorry for the people who bought it.

callofdutyzzz

I mean NCAA is fun and awesome, but I believe 2K did a better job this year.

callofdutyzzz

Wow, contradict yourself much? Not to mention in the same post.

callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 callofdutyzzz
yeah im in a weird mood today
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Staryoshi87

OMG I do have it, click on my sig thing and scroll down, its on it!callofdutyzzz

He really does have it. But I still think he's way off on this one ;) The animations and "feel" are sooo much better in NCAA also imo. All-Pro is very light on features, too. I like to see that NCAA focused on the offline aspect of the game (sim, dynasty, etc) more than online. I'd rather play an online game occasionally and enjoy a feature-rich dynasty mode than have to depend on online-leagues to give a game longevity... Plus, All-Pro doesn't even have Michael Irvin. It's a good start for some competition, but it's no where near NCAA's calibur imo. (Silky smooth 60fps, amazing animations and great gameplay... I'm sold) The only other "next-gen" football game I had played was Madden 07.... and boy did they make improvements. I can't wait for 08.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jacksheets
I do wish NCAA would have made a more "immersive" feel with the game. Simple things too like refs on the field, cheerleaders, coaches and players on the benches & sidelines alone would make it feel more realistic.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Staryoshi87

I do wish NCAA would have made a more "immersive" feel with the game. Simple things too like refs on the field, cheerleaders, coaches and players on the benches & sidelines alone would make it feel more realistic.jacksheets

I thought that the mascots were great, but most of the atmosphere is weak. You'd think they could add a littledetail to the crowds with all these fancy "next-gen" specs... but I do think the stadiums are omg amazing. I can even see the apartments near NIU stadium.... -_- The player animations are so smooth and crisp.... have to resist temptation to delay sleep and play =P

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jacksheets

[QUOTE="jacksheets"]I do wish NCAA would have made a more "immersive" feel with the game. Simple things too like refs on the field, cheerleaders, coaches and players on the benches & sidelines alone would make it feel more realistic.Staryoshi87

I thought that the mascots were great, but most of the atmosphere is weak. You'd think they could add a littledetail to the crowds with all these fancy "next-gen" specs... but I do think the stadiums are omg amazing. I can even see the apartments near NIU stadium.... -_- The player animations are so smooth and crisp.... have to resist temptation to delay sleep and play =P

Yeah it is neat how they've researched and duplicated the terrain and buildings surrounding the stadiums. Just a few more additions and the game could be golden.

SuperSix6075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 SuperSix6075
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts

its a great game... funny someone who plays xbox 24/7 would say that lol

godamus187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 godamus187
Member since 2003 • 269 Posts
WOW i hate football games and i thought it was good!
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

ncaa 08 is the best football game i have ever played.

all pro is a really close second.

Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

Just a few more additions and the game could be golden.

LOL, same thing every year. NCAA got higher reviews than all pro but in the review for NCAA on gamespot I do believe they use the words glitchy gameplay. enjoy the sweet little modes and graphics, I know I'm enjoying a good solid game of all pro.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

Has anyone had problems with their NCAA freezing up occasionally?

I figured maybe I'm just so awesome at it that it freezes from my awesomeness but I figured I'd see if anyone else had that kind of problem.

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EazyD91
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
so where's the cheerleaders and refs? lol
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Staryoshi87

Has anyone had problems with their NCAA freezing up occasionally?

I figured maybe I'm just so awesome at it that it freezes from my awesomeness but I figured I'd see if anyone else had that kind of problem.

CNUrGames

It gives me unexplainable disc read errors in the middle of games. No other 360 game has done it.

phoenixrebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 phoenixrebirth
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts

Uh oh. Might be yur console. Mine started doing that and well...i got a new one. lol

I think NCAA isa good game. I feel a person who is into college football would better appreciate the game though. The gameplay mechanics are god. I like the gang tackles, mid air collisions etc. They did skimp on the scenery though I miss not having refs on the field even though those bastards used to get in the way of some plays I ran. Anyone else used to confuse an onfield ref as one of yur receivers and try to pass to them? lol

Be nice to have cheerleaders and the sideline staff does look blah. Looks like the crowds are meh too. Though I am feeling the standiums. Look real nice. Like someone else indicated the different turfs in each stadium are hot. Th run mechanics I do agree. U dont feel like u are exploding for a big run. Was like that in '07 too. Overall i'd give the game a 7.5 - 8. Madden '08 should really be a problem if NCAA is an indication of what Madden has to offer. Madden is usually more bling then NCAA so u might see all those missing extras not found in NCAA. We'll see.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
I had an issue where my running back got tackled and the ball actually was stuck to his arm. It looked like he was wearing it like an armband. It made me laugh but that's kinda bush league.