NAT type switching on me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psplvr4life360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psplvr4life360
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

Okay, so I have a 360, obviously, and my NAT type has been switching on me. My friend showed me what to do to change it from Closed to Open. I did that and it worked. And when my brother came home from college with his new Xbox and plugged it in wirelessly and started to play COD Black Ops, my NAT type has changed. But when he was offline, on the xbox, it went back to Open, from like Moderate. I reset all of the stuff that my one friend told me to do, and redone it. It still won't go back to Open. But I have a Verizon DSL Model 7500, and what I done in the Router settings was went to the, "My network" tab and clicked on my Xbox, and clicked Enable Application next to it. And added the service, "Xbox Live" as a Host. And when I put down for what LAN device it uses or whatever, I used the computer that I am on and the only computer that I have on this LAN. And then restarted the Modem and Xbox and it still wouldn't work. Is there something that I did that makes it change on me when other people, like the Xbox users, connect to the network? I would be pleased for anyone to help me.

psplvr4life360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psplvr4life360

Oh, and I forgot to add this, I also went to the Advanced tab and clicked on Universal Plug and Play and enabledUPNP. And I disabled it as well when I added the Xbox live service. Like I added the service with UPNP off and on. Both. And it still didn't work. But yeah. I would like help... Or any suggestions..

belliott1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 belliott1
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
You should try calling your ISP. The problem with network issues like these is that there are different problems and different ways to solve each one dependent on which router you have. Unless you run into someone who knows that model specifically on this forum we probably can't troubleshoot it for you.
psplvr4life360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psplvr4life360
Okay thanks.
Brawl55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Brawl55
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

This used to happen to me as well. You might want turn off your modem and the turn it back on to see if it gets fixed. If you think you can fix it your self without a problem here'sa guide that helped me make my NAT Open.

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

My router also switches from open to moderate every few days. I just unplug the power wire on the back wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. After doing that the status always goes back to open...at least for 3 days :P BTW this tip was suggested to me by my xbox after running a network test. It simply told me to try resetting my router. If I was more comfortable trying to fix it for good I would, but my network works great so I don't wanna mess it up :P

billb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 billb1983
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dont know if this helps but i had these problems for years trying to open the NAT almost every time i got a new MP game. Have found a quick solution where all you do is reset your router then do a network test on the 360 from the settings menu and this seems to have worked for me anyway and still not had any problems since. Wish i figured this out a few years ago. and my ISP was useless wouldnt give any real help.
billb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 billb1983
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dont know if this helps but i had these problems for years trying to open the NAT almost every time i got a new MP game. Have found a quick solution where all you do is reset your router then do a network test on the 360 from the settings menu and this seems to have worked for me anyway and still not had any problems since. Wish i figured this out a few years ago. and my ISP was useless wouldnt give any real help.