My Xbox One Experience so far...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Purchased a PS4 on launch and pretty much played the hell out of the system. Figured I needed something new being that I no longer paid any attention to my PS4. Picked up my Xbox One 2 days ago and I must say, it's not what I thought it'll be. In a good way. I came into it reading reviews online and owner feedbacks thinking it was gonna be the worst purchase ever. After a few system freezes during boot up, I have to admit I have been enjoying everything about this system. The amount of apps this system has is pretty impressive. As far as graphics, I can honestly say they are as gorgeous as PS4's are. Without a side by side comparison, I would never tell the difference.

Sorry for the long post, just never thought I'll end up liking something I felt I disliked at first. Has this happened to anyone else?

Side note, Halo:MCC looks amazing and have to say 343 did an excellent job with project. Can't wait until Halo 5!!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Good luck and enjoy, you have new retail X1 games like Halo 5, FM6, RotTR, Fable Legends, Rare Replay etc. to look forward to all before 2015 ends :D

Happy gaming. :)

SirHobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirHobgoblin
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

@HoVDaHuSTLa1: I did the same thing. I have owned a ps4, and still do, for about a year. I have pretty much every game worth purchasing on the ps4, in terms of multiplats...as well as last of us, bloodborne, etc.

Thus, sadly, I am pretty much waiting for new games to come around to expand my xbox one library. That being said, I have the Master chief collection (SO much fun to replay these, starting from the very first one)...and I got dying light (a lot of fun actually). I also then purchased a kinect, used, for much cheaper than retail.

My opinion so far (note the xbone has the "newness" factor still): ms

I prefer the xbone controller to the ps4...but both are great.

Graphics? Both look great, and are in different rooms...Ill never see the difference, if there is one. I have seen a few noticeable FPS drops in dying light...but I would assume that is due more to the game than the xbone. No one should a system of graphics alone....you will never notice the difference, and the biggest factor will likely be the tv you are playing it on. For example: I know the ps4 is suppose to look better, and it looks great on the 42 inch 3d LG tv. But the xbox one graphics look even better....because it is connect to my 60inch LG plasma. Thus...this area is a wash, despite what people have you think in the system wars forums.

"The look"? The ps4 is is lighter and looks sleek....but the xbox feels sturdy, the buttons on the front ALWAYS work (can't say that about the ps4)...and it looks more "next gen". This is just my opinion.

The xbox has an advantage with its live service. Multiplayer just connect faster. Not a huge deal, but noticeable.

HDMI pass through combined with the kinect is really, really cool. Another neat feature that feels next gen. Gestures are unreliable, but it works fine in games like xbox fitness.

Honestly, I realize I have went on a tagent, so Ill wrap this up for the whole 3 people that may read this.

Both systems are great, and for now my ps4 will see the most play time since I own more games on it (witcher 3 & bloodborne demand to be finished). All things equal, the xbox has the better online aspect, and I prefer the controller and kinect integration. If I were to go back in time, and only buy one, at this point it would be the xbox one. Beyond the minor differences (controller, live vs ps plus), the xbox one just feels more next gen. IMO

Its nice to own both, as both have/will have some nice exclusives. Also...it will allow you to get the best experience out of each game that comes out, by considering the pros and cons of the consoles.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoVDaHuSTLa1

@sirhobgoblin: yes I agree on the controller feeling a bit better on the Xbox. I was one to say the DS4 was unbeatable but wow, some things just feel better on the Xbox one controller. Only thing I'll miss is playing GTA V and listening to my phone calls on the controller speakers. Aside that, I'm more content with my Xbox One at the moment.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Definitely check out Forza Horizon 2 and Ori. I've heard pretty good things about Sunset Overdrive as well.

There's also some good exclusives coming our way this holiday.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Don´t pay attention to shitforbrains fanboy crap.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@HoVDaHuSTLa1: welcome aboard, as an X1 user of several months now I have to say too that I've been pleasantly surprised by it as well.

I imagine your PS4 is where you play all the multiplats so your using the X1 for games you can't play on PS4, right? Just curious, what games you interested in? What kind of games you like? Maybe we can recommend you something.

Keep your eye out on the Deals With Gold section, MS is bad about their Games With Gold offerings but I usually find that they have rather random and unpredictable but decent deals on on their weekly discounts.

If money isn't tight, I'd recommend adding an external USB 3.0 HDD. Your internal HDD might fill quicker than you'd like. You can get a WD Passport X 2TB for about $99 at various retailers. It's good if you want to have a lot of games and not have to juggle the HDD space. Plus it frees up internal HDD space to help the system and UI function quicker. And, as time went on I found to like digital games better than disc swapping, and it makes installation easier to just let it happen in background while I play my games and use my apps.

Also, some people complain about downloading being slow. This is a system where GB downloads for everything is common, games can be 50GB, updates 10GB. So, I myself have a 50Mbps bandwidth from my ISP and that's been good for me. Though, I had to get a new router as my last one bottlenecked at 20Mbps wired, so making sure your tip top on your network end should make any downloading pain free. Again about the HDD too, good thing about downloading digital is it can just happen in the background while you play your digital games, whereas you can't while the game installs on disc especially if your other games are disc based.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Yeah good tip.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HoVDaHuSTLa1

@lamprey263: I really appreciate the welcoming arms, Xbox nation is always known for that. I'll keep the idea of expanding Hd as I see it as a necessity later when I start downloading content. As far as games, I'm pretty big on just about anything. Huge Halo fan as well as MGS. Love that they are bringing Gears back also that's big news for me. Aside that, I was hoping to getting into JRPG but from what I'm told Xbox will lack that. I just did my first run through in Bloodborne and it was a hell of a ride. No pun intended. Might pick up the Souls remakes. If you an suggest I guess any WRPG that might be as fun as JRPG shoot some titles my way, I'll find that very helpful!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@HoVDaHuSTLa1: Welcome into the fold!

I think the PS4 and One are both decent systems, but I think they both do certain things well. With the One, I personally like the UI better, and the controller is more ergonomic - though I don't really dislike other controllers like some people.

Halo MCC is still a nice package, but all of the stuff that happened when it came out really kind of put a damper on things early on. I play more story mode than multiplayer, so you'd think I wouldn't take as much of an issue with it as a lot of people did, but one glitch in the game prevented the game from saving your progress properly.... And then next thing you'd know you would skip over one or two missions and the game wouldn't necessarily record everything you had completed up to that point. That was irritating. I'm sure it's better now, I just have to get back into a Halo mood. I kinda wish I had some buddies to play the game with.

I think Microsoft has done a mostly decent job with GwG as well, lots of noteworthy titles have been given away over the months. It sucks that if your system is disconnected you can't play a lot of games, but for the most part it is a nice added value.

Playing Dead Rising 3 last year was probably one of my best times with the console so far, and I popped it back into the system for the first time in forever yesterday. I guess the thing is, I really have to be in the mood to play certain XBox games, or else it just isn't happening, you know?

asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts

Being a Xbox 360 pioneer, I am sceptical of jumping into next gen so early in the life cycle. With all the system issues and limited games library. I guess my perception is about to be change with the recently announced Backward Compatibility.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think the Xbox One is worth having for exclusives, so if you like them then it's worth having an Xbox One

The controller is bad and we've already seen Microsoft address this with their new design. Maybe in the future they release a controller that's more price friendly towards everyone.

SirHobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SirHobgoblin
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

As mentioned above, I own both systems....and I really don't seem I difference in graphical quality...not enough to declare loyalty or get on these forums and argue with people.

In terms of multiplats...Ill go with the systems that offers the best deal on content. If all things are equal, then I'll lean towards the xbone. Why? Better multiplayer service, and I prefer the controller. For games that I don't buy at release...Ill go with the first system to offer it at the best deal. For example, I bought tomb raider on ps4 last week, because it was on sale for $12. Shortly after, it went on sale on xbone. If the xbone had offered the sale first, I would of got it on that.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

I own both systems and prefer the Xbox One as well. IMHO, a big part of the vitriol that's currently being spread about the Xbox One (especially on this site) is that there's a bunch of former 360 users that were pissed off after the X1 announce debacle who switched to ps4, and now bad mouth Xbox as often and as loud as possible.

Combine that with Sony running all the way to the bank with resolutiongate and its easy to see why people could think bad things about the Xbox One.

But the reality dictates otherwise. You won't really see a huge graphically difference between the two systems. ( I have literally had them both running the same game side by side and the only major difference for me was the shading) i personally prefer the X1 controller as well. I like the current ui, but it's also getting a nice overhaul this year.

But for me the heart of the matter is the One currently just has more games that I like to play and will be getting a a bunch more before the end of the year.

Both Forza 5 and FH2 were great, Killer Instinct was good, MCC is good, Sunset Overdrive was good, even Titanfall is a lot better than people give it credit for especially after all the extra dlc and updates were added it's almost a completely different game now from release ( and it was on GWG with the season pass included for $12). SMITE is outstanding if you like MOBAs and the Elite Dangerous preview is also surprisingly good.

Not to mention Fable Legends is currently in beta and the Gigantic beta starts in August. The One will also get Gears of War Ultimate and the Rare Collection in August, then Halo 5 in October and Rise of the Tomb Raider in November. that's a lot of good gaming coming to Xbox before the end of the year.

I recommend watching the Games with Gold sales. since launch almost every AAA that's been released for the One has actually gone of sale on GWG for 50-percent or more off. You can pick up a bunch of titles on the cheap.

If you're interested I can give you a preview program invite, that's get you into most of the betas automatically. I also have an extra SMITE beta key I think if you're interested in either just pm me here on the site or msg me on Live my GT is Lord of Xbones.

Welcome!

Edit: oh yeah I was in GameStop on Monday and saw that they have a 5TB external hdd on sale for X1 for only $199. That's a pretty good deal.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@HoVDaHuSTLa1 said:

Purchased a PS4 on launch and pretty much played the hell out of the system. Figured I needed something new being that I no longer paid any attention to my PS4. Picked up my Xbox One 2 days ago and I must say, it's not what I thought it'll be. In a good way. I came into it reading reviews online and owner feedbacks thinking it was gonna be the worst purchase ever. After a few system freezes during boot up, I have to admit I have been enjoying everything about this system. The amount of apps this system has is pretty impressive. As far as graphics, I can honestly say they are as gorgeous as PS4's are. Without a side by side comparison, I would never tell the difference.

Sorry for the long post, just never thought I'll end up liking something I felt I disliked at first. Has this happened to anyone else?

Side note, Halo:MCC looks amazing and have to say 343 did an excellent job with project. Can't wait until Halo 5!!!

Glad you are enjoying it. I bought mine two days ago as well, although mine was seemless straight out of the box. Enjoying playing GTA V which I must say looks graphically stunning. The added bonus for me is the Blueray player. Never seen a Blueray format film so I am looking forward to getting IP Man among others.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16  Edited By Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

I also bought the system + Witcher 3 after having my 360 and other electronic devices stolen. Couple questions I have so far..

There is no arcade atmosphere like the 360 had? The system has been out this long and there are like very little games available on xbox live? What gives? When I sign up for legit xbox live will I get any other available options not seen in the trial?
Also does anyone else experience eye discomfort playing Witcher 3? Not sure if it's the small text or the blurring effect, the game looks great but it's really uncomfortable to play for too long.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@Pittfan666: I think they made all the ARCADE section games they thought where worth it on the 360. Can you buy these same arcade section games on the 1?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@raugutcon said:

asuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 asuka
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

@oflow: didn't know there were already 5TB externals...that's a really good price for that much space

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I own both consoles too. But I use my PS4 for exclusives/multiplats and my Xbox One only for exclusives. I just wish they fixed the install times on the Xbox One as when I install a game via disc it takes quite a while compared to my PS4. Other than that I see no reason why you would limit yourself to only one console - if you can afford it buy both as both companies have badass exclusives.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I own them both as well. and they are both great consoles. There are certain things I prefer about the PS4 (Install times, OS, Random Freezing on X1, occasionally quits game to OS on X1, and my controller randomly disconnects on the X1) and there are things I prefer about the X1 (It's where my friends play, external hdd support, and great exclusive lineup lunching this year). I wouldn't have it any other way but to have them both, and a Wii U.

Congrats on the purchase and happy gaming.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#22 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

Xbox ONE is also better at pushing social interaction. With the live feed, ability to share videos on it, party chat, Skype..I think that's a big part of gaming. I had a PS4 in its early days but always felt on my own. But with the ONE, I'm always talking and gaming with friends and comparing my achievements to theirs and such.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@asuka: I actually just saw this on my email this morning

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9179640&MobileOptOut=1

5TB for $139 not bad at all