My xbox 360 is making a very very loud noise.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I was playing Forza 2 today and it started making a very very loud noise and I have no idea what it could be. I dont have a warrenty to send it in. Should I be worried? It works fine so far but Im worried it will break down. What should I do and by the way I am on my 7th xbox 360.
virtualmatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 virtualmatrix
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
If its your 7th xbox you should have a warranty, but it could be your disk drive, or the fans...cheap ass OEM fans lol. I've replaced mine because it was making a little rukus. Also...disconnect your hard drive because hard drives have been known to make loud noises in PC's. Just try to narrow them all down and then call 1-800 4my-xbox. Hope that helped
The_GR8_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_GR8_H
Member since 2008 • 238 Posts
my 360 makes loud noises every once in a while, especially when its trying to load Wetwork for COD4 because the disc used to be scratched but I fixed it...for me, i know its jus the disc drive and that its nothing major but idk about ur situation...try playing different games and see if the problem persists...if not, then it is most likely the Forza disc and u shouldnt have too much to worry about, if it does still make unusual noises however, u might want to be a little concerned
demonslayer228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 demonslayer228
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
Of course Most people is cause well microsoft doesn't want to spend to money on the 360 as we know:D
The_GR8_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_GR8_H
Member since 2008 • 238 Posts
Of course Most people is cause well microsoft doesn't want to spend to money on the 360 as we know:Ddemonslayer228
what did u just say? lol...im sorry but u need to re-read ur posts before u submit them
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts
Seventh? How do you manage that? I'm sending my first xbox in for repairs today (owned it, problem free for nearly 3 years) and I'm still frusterated. How you can possibly continue to play an xbox 360 after 7 tries is...well...you're very dedictaed. I wish I was as firm as you.
celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
If you're on your 7th XBOX 360 , the problem is more likely on your end on how you take care of it... Just a guess..
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
If you're on your 7th XBOX 360 , the problem is more likely on your end on how you take care of it... Just a guess.. celebate
i take care of it very good I give everything its room and its really not my fault of the red rings or it constintly freezing up on me.
Zero_Nitrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zero_Nitrous
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
Oh yeah I'm on my 80th XBOX 360(Sarcasm). Give me a freaking break. You could at least try to be convincing.
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

Well its proaply going to breakdown anyway so I just say get the most out of it. Im on My third Xbox and i think its about to breakdown it keeps scratcing my games.

LAKERS STILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts
I think you should smack it up a little, show it whos boss.
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts
is it a persistant sound? happened for 1 second or happened for a second but happens often???
kvasimotor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kvasimotor
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
My last repair was only because it started making a noise like an electric drill (in addition to the usual 'blowdryer on medium' sound). At first they didn't want to repair it but since they had to agree that the problem might have been caused by them during a previous repair they gave in after some discussion. I'm on my fifth xbox 360, spent a ridiculous amount of time and energy calling and waiting for repairs and I AM CAREFUL AS #### WITH THE XBOX. I doesn't mean that I'm so committed to it, it's just that I can't give up when I've already spent so much time and it always seems like "THIS time it's fixed". Of course I would never have bought the piece of **** if I knew. A lot of great games, but the noise and the breakdowns ruined it for me
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
When my 360 came back from being repaired, they'd screwed up the fan. When I'd turn it on, it sounded as if the fan was lose, or the blades were hitting against something. It made a HUGE noise and, of course, the fan didn't work properly, causing my 360 to over-heat. It over-heated so much that I had to send it back, something must have melted inside 0_o This is my experience from loud, ominous noises from inside my 360. What does it sound like? Does it sound like it's coming from the fan?